Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not the same player he was as a rookie
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 4,042

Not the same player he was as a rookie

Oct 14, 2018, 3:17 PM

Hopefully will heal up, find some blockers, and flourish … he's been taking a pounding and has been eclipsed by Mahomes and half the league in 2018. Bill O'Brien is not much help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Texans OL and defense in general have struggled. Every

Oct 14, 2018, 3:21 PM

passing snap DW4 seems to get hammered

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The D was as instrumental in 2 of their last 3 wins as

Oct 14, 2018, 5:55 PM

anything Deshaun has done

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was about to say the same thing

Oct 14, 2018, 8:21 PM

if the Texans D is healthy (which they are) they are none of the best in the league

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not the same player he was as a rookie

Oct 14, 2018, 3:23 PM

Is it DW or the players around him making him look so bad? Pretty sure he has as many TD's this year as INT's

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WORST O-LINE EVER***

Oct 14, 2018, 3:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, 2 Gimpy knees ain’t helping!

Oct 14, 2018, 3:33 PM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And, 2 Gimpy knees ain’t helping!

Oct 14, 2018, 3:39 PM

Worst O-Line in the nfl in years...feel sorry for him because I know he’s fighting an uphill battle.

If he could’ve gone to Dallas like Prescott did he would’ve been the second coming with that offensive line and being an overall better player than Prescott.

Oct 14, 2018, 3:42 PM

Last week, he looked like the Deshaun we're used to seeing. You're exactly right though. He definitely takes too many hits and isn't getting enough help from teammates and coaches. I'm really hopeful the Texans get it fixed quickly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Oct 14, 2018, 3:46 PM

Just put that deep ball on a dime. Fuller should have caught it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 4:25 PM

bad O line after the beating he took sunday night , no way he was totally healthy today

Oct 14, 2018, 4:32 PM

Make no mistake about it - his mind is absorbing almost as much as his body is this season. He will be a QB with a little more than 1 season of experience next year and whoever his new HC is will benefit greatly from it. DW4 doesn’t sleep on any down.

Oct 14, 2018, 4:49 PM

Well said Calhoun. He has nothing around him in Houston. The D has finally started to do a little something, he had no help first couple games.

He’ll be DW4 when he gets to a place that has a half decent oline, and running game as well as a coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 4:56 PM

Do y'all know something we don't?

Oct 14, 2018, 6:05 PM

An already bad line has at least one player that is injured. The only difference in any more experienced QB in that situation is that they would have thrown the ball away much more often. DW will eventually learn!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anybody know why they traded their best OL...

Oct 14, 2018, 6:29 PM

last year? OT, I think a LT, can't recall his name; just curious about the thought process behind the move. They draft a QB, mid 1st round, hit the jackpot w/ DW; face of the franchise, sky is the limit; why put him at risk unnecessarily. Was there a position of need above that of a capable tackle,or of the O-line in general? I think they got a 2nd or 3rd round pick for the player I'm referring to; and it was common knowledge last years draft was weak on O-lineman.

Oct 14, 2018, 8:16 PM

They have thrown away atleast 4 TDs in the last 3 games by not being able to score from the 1 yard line with 1st and goal. Their games wouldn't even he close if they could score in short yardage situations. DW hasn't had the stats but the team is getting it done somehow.

Oct 14, 2018, 9:49 PM

I don't keep up with the NFL, but I did watch the Texans play until Deshaun got hurt last year because I was excited to see him play in the pros and seem to remember some controversy about an idiotic trade that happened on the week of the Seahawks game where they traded away their best OL guy for some average player.

Don't recall exact details of the trade but people were asking why in the world would they do that if they are trying to build up the team around Deshaun's abilities as QB.

The speculation even got a bit conspiratorial the trade was so bad.

Anybody else remember that?

He was during Dallas game until he or they ran him and he

Oct 14, 2018, 9:58 PM

got hurt. He has got to keep his body out of jeopardy. Running QB don’t last in NFL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 4,042
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic