Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The TRUE reason our defense suffers in games.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

The TRUE reason our defense suffers in games.

Oct 4, 2014, 8:34 AM

I just watched a replay of the UnC game and i noticed BV is going deep into the roster. I know he promised some of the true freshmen playing time but mix and matching different personnel is causing confusion in the back seven. Its the major reason why Anthony has so many tackles.
My solution is find 15 of your best defenders and rotate them. Stop going too deep in your roster to keep promises. Dont Cole Stoudt the D!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The TRUE reason our defense suffers in games.

Oct 4, 2014, 8:48 AM

And don't disrespect one of our finer Tigers as Cole Stoudt either. If you can't respect him, just leave him out of your text. Cole Stoudt has been a model of what Clemson represents in character.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agrreed**

Oct 4, 2014, 8:50 AM

--

You are describing color to a blind man.

Oct 4, 2014, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: The TRUE reason our defense suffers in games. ]

He knows nothing of Clemson's integrity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've ALL paid their dues***

Oct 4, 2014, 8:52 AM

Re: They've ALL paid their dues***

Oct 4, 2014, 8:58 AM

You're right, but Cole has been singled out as the cause for our 2 losses and criticized for everything he has done. He is not the most talented on the field but he is no less valuable to the team, IMO.

Oct 4, 2014, 8:58 AM [ in reply to They've ALL paid their dues*** ]

Time after time.... But committed no crime

Oct 4, 2014, 9:00 AM [ in reply to They've ALL paid their dues*** ]

I don't think that's the motivation for playing as many as we can get on the field.

1 Reward for dedication, focus and hard work.

2. Training for the future or when starters go down to injury.

3. A constant reminder to prospective recruits that if they come to Clemson their commitment, or better said, dedication, focus and hard work will result in playing early and often here.

I don't understand why everyone can't see this. It's like some of us can't see past the end of our noses.

#shortsightedmorterforkers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's exactly how I feel.

Oct 4, 2014, 8:55 AM

To helll with the future let's run up the score on a weaker opponent so we can make the playoffs this year.

Well, we're both wrong. We really need to take advantage of the games 'lameazzACCteams,' and get the younger players some experience.

We shall also note the final scores of no game will affect the playoff selections. This ain't no beauty contest like your daddy's BCS system.

I could have been more kind but it wouldn't have been as much fun for me.

Re: That's exactly how I feel.

Oct 4, 2014, 1:40 PM

And, the longer the starters stay in, the greater the chance of injury. Every snap a player is on the field is a greater chance of injury. When teams are getting blown out, they are known to take cheap shots.

Re: That's exactly how I feel.

Oct 4, 2014, 2:22 PM

I think I read from BV last year that Dabo pretty much mandates all players should see the field if possible. Something in which he feels strongly.

How many Cole Stoudt haters would change their mind if, God forbid, DW gets hurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2014, 9:20 AM

I don't TD people and not even sure if TD works for non-paying members - but your Cole Stoudt comment made me hit it immediately. Leave your chit comments elsewhere IMO, and do NOT disrespect Cole Stoudt.

Name them, what true fresh are playing on defense?***

Oct 4, 2014, 9:26 AM

Re: Name them, what true fresh are playing on defense?***

Oct 4, 2014, 1:36 PM

That dude was just creating himself an opportunity to slam on Cole Stoudt. Pitiful isn't it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2014, 1:38 PM

Good thing you are not coaching. The Defense is tired. BV is trying to keep them rested. You thing we should play players both ways? It worked 30 years ago. Why not now? The days of the starters playing 95% of the snaps on defense are long gone.

Not sure I agree...

Oct 4, 2014, 2:27 PM

in the past, a lot of our problems were, the fact we were simply getting wore down as the game went on. Just wasn't deep enough.

There is much coot

Oct 4, 2014, 2:29 PM

in this juan.

Much coot indeed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Goin DEEP in the roster helps out later this year and NEXT***

Oct 4, 2014, 2:37 PM

Oct 4, 2014, 2:39 PM

I don't think any true freshmen are playing on D.

I have no clue what you're talking about.

Oct 4, 2014, 2:41 PM

No true freshmen are playing on D. They are all redshirting. If you look at the snap count last week, very few redshirt freshmen played either on D.

Re: I have no clue what you're talking about.

Oct 4, 2014, 2:49 PM

And you can fact check me on this, but without looking it up, I'm pretty certain that Alexander is the only freshman (RS or otherwise) to even take a snap on defense last week. Pagano may have.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic