Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lungy topic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 307

Lungy topic

Nov 6, 2018, 1:32 PM

The following article got me thinking. As part of cub scouts last year, we had a camping trip to the Congaree National Monument last summer. The scouts had reserved a camping area not too far from one of the roads in the park. Anyway, there was a restroom near the parking area and you only had to hike in a few hundred yards at the most. Well, upon arrival I was told NOT to enter the restroom and to go in the woods. Incredulous, I of course had to see WHY. Well, there's no electricity in the area, but there was a small building with restrooms. So I entered the men's room. The. Smell. Literally. Knocked. Me. Down. GOD awful. Still, ever inquisitive I ventured over to the toilet. It looked "normal" enough. Had a lid, a back, etc. Lifted the lid. MISTAKE.

The toilet went straight down into a black chasm of nothingness. Again, ever inquisitive, I took my trusty cub scout flashlight out and peered down into the abyss. About 8 feet down there was a large chamber filled with fluid. But something was moving. I quickly identified that about 6.43 million MAGGOTS were crawling on the surface of the liquid. I #### near lost my lunch. Ran out. Also noticed there was no sink for hand washing. I shat in the woods that weekend as did EVERYONE else.

If this is what Bill Gates wants, he can have it.

https://www.afp.com/en/news/15/poop-hand-bill-gates-backs-chinas-toilet-revolution-doc-1al7lu3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, the first time I saw a squat toilet

Nov 6, 2018, 1:37 PM

In a modern Asian airport, I chuckled to keep from chucking!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^Look at me, I’ve traveled all over the world***

Nov 6, 2018, 1:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whale, he USED to be the most interesting man in the world***

Nov 6, 2018, 1:42 PM

Figuring out them Korean squat holes was difficult.

Nov 6, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Yeah, the first time I saw a squat toilet ]

But we were in a town where there were enough Westerners that public restrooms had some regular toilets.

Saudi Arabia though? Basically had a semi-wretched crapper with a garden hose to function as the bidet. Weird stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah...i worked on a NEW building in Kuwait 4 years ago

Nov 6, 2018, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Yeah, the first time I saw a squat toilet ]

had regular toilets....and then those with 'eastern-style toilets'.

just weird.

I've used composting toilets a few times....the ones @ the top of Breck, bruh, didn't really stank too bad, given the cold weather.

the other time was @ Paris Mtn State Park, in mid June. This was....less preferable

ever used an incinerating toilet?

Nov 6, 2018, 2:25 PM

they have this paper liner and then everything flushes to an ignition chamber.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope

Nov 6, 2018, 2:40 PM

sounds hawt tho

I'd be worried about pre and post poo gas leaks.

Nov 6, 2018, 3:11 PM [ in reply to ever used an incinerating toilet? ]

Can't have that methane catching on fire before I clear the area.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But even those have a way to remove the waste right?

Nov 6, 2018, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Yeah, the first time I saw a squat toilet ]

I mean you don't crap straight into a septic tank with a 2ftx1ft open hole right? I mean the smell alone is enough reason for that not to work, especially in a building. Heck, that thing in the Congaree swamp didn't even have a drain field. I think it was an enclosed box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

funny timing......

Nov 6, 2018, 1:43 PM

my wife just sent me this. She's mad that I just put in a "comfort height" (read higher) toilet in our bathroom remodel and now her feet don't touch the ground when she's on the throne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Squatty Potty is the actual #### - my wife is

Nov 6, 2018, 1:49 PM

embarrassed by it, though, so I have to drag it out of the closet to use. I feel like an authentic Asian, my ### barely even touches the toilet seat, but the poop flow so freely. Highly recommend, 10/10...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple solution.

Nov 6, 2018, 2:00 PM [ in reply to funny timing...... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fully endorse the squatty potty***

Nov 6, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to funny timing...... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sick ba$####:

Nov 6, 2018, 3:28 PM [ in reply to funny timing...... ]

You don’t want her legs to touch the floor. You want them around you.

Chattanooga choo choo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 307
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic