Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Love The Two Spiers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I Love The Two Spiers

Nov 11, 2018, 12:54 AM

But I can honestly say I'm more excited about this Swanson punter than anyone else in the 2019 class. Punting is a ######## right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He performed really well last season***

Nov 11, 2018, 1:00 AM

Re: I Love The Two Spiers

Nov 11, 2018, 1:37 PM

Are you aware that there are two other punters, each of which excelled far beyond Spiers in fall camp? Have you wondered why they have NOT been allowed to punt all season? Do you really think that the best of those three punters is the kid with the 14yd shank that kicked a rugby punt straight to BC' s best punt returner for a TD, is the best punter we have? Come on!!! Someone needs to start asking questions.
Watch the other two punters at game warm ups and you're going to be mad as hell.

I said it last night

Nov 11, 2018, 1:40 PM

Is the Spiers family loaded? because I think they are probably dumping a lot of $$$$ in the athletic department. at least Carson is a solid pitcher.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I said it last night

Nov 11, 2018, 1:46 PM

So that’s what y’all think of Dabo? He wouldn’t play his best player at position due to money or family or politics?

I don’t know if we have a better option but in Dabos mind Spiers for what ever reason is our best.

It is a weakness I agree but if we had noticeably better I have no doubt he would be on the field.

The Spiers family is as deep in Clemson as any

Nov 11, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to I said it last night ]

While I agree that the best punter needs to be on the field, these shots at the family are unwarranted and uncalled for. I grew up with Bill Spiers and his brother, and theirs is as fine a Clemson family as you will find. Bill, his brother and his father all played baseball for Clemson, and there are currently several Spiers kids of Will’s generation in school.

Bill was a superstar in baseball, and represented Clemson in the majors with class for 13 years. I was a freshman when Bill answered Danny Ford’s call and became our punter, juggling two sports and excelling at both.

I am ashamed of the things several of you post on here, and you should be, too. There are very few, if any, better ambassadors for Clemson University than Bill Spiers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Spiers family is as deep in Clemson as any

Nov 11, 2018, 2:01 PM

Ditto this^^^!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Spiers family is as deep in Clemson as any

Nov 11, 2018, 7:29 PM [ in reply to The Spiers family is as deep in Clemson as any ]

Agree

Dabo is a super coach,but gives too much priority too

Nov 11, 2018, 1:54 PM

seniority instead of playing the best man EI Keiiy Bryant

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 2:33 PM

Looks like he punts it off his knee. Quarterback quick kicks are much more effective for us. Even when we punt from midfield he even messes that up.

Nov 11, 2018, 8:06 PM

If anyone thinks that Spiers is the best we got then I have some land to sell you in Florida. Carson King has proved in the spring that he is better and if you think we didn’t have an experienced holder last year that could have started over an incoming freshman your head is in the sand.

Completely agree

Nov 11, 2018, 9:11 PM

We're lucky to have an awesome team with little to complain about BUT.....

How have we not given anyone else on the team a chance to punt?!? According to ESPN Spiers is the 103rd ranked punter in FBS with an average of 39.3 YPP. Heck, Renfrow booted his for 42.

And yeah, the position is EXTREMELY important. The disparity in punting was a major factor in the TA&M and Syracuse games this year and honestly did as much to keep those games close as anything on O or D. The same can be said for all 3 of our games against Alabama.

We need a weapon at punter but i'll settle for "not a liability"

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic