Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The SKY is not falling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,141

The SKY is not falling

Nov 8, 2020, 4:01 PM

With some time to digest this loss and spending the day at work taking it on the chin from ND fans all day, I personally have decided to take the high road in regards to yesterday's loss.

Sure, it sucks to lose.

That being said, it was the game of the year. We will get to play them again. Our team will be vastly different a month from now. While ND has a chance to improve, they also have a chance to stumble. I firmly believe that Trevor will come back with a vengeance. Every single time he gets knocked down, he almost always strikes back.

Perhaps this lights a fire under the coaches too. I for one think the coaching has been sub par so far this season. I understand we have had injuries but the play calling, the blocked kicks, screwy hand offs, and other questionable coaching decisions have played their part. Make no mistake about it, I think Jeff Scott is missed.

I am disappointed though. We had every chance to win the game. Although we basically had our third string defense in at the end of the game, someone needs to make a play on that last drive so we don't give up a 90 yard scoring drive with a minute forty to go.

Great teams are defined by how they respond to adversity. With any luck, we can come back from this loss with a renewed fury to cross the finish line the way we have been accustomed to.

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SKY is not falling

Nov 8, 2020, 4:35 PM

Wherever two or three Clemson fans are gathered, the sky is always falling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 5:00 PM

I agree with everything you said. But what concerns me more is how our coaches, and many of our fans, seem to be ok with what has been happening the last two weeks. Somehow, they are "proud" of these games. The last two games were chocked full of the kind of errors that you would expect from a Pop Warner team. Twice we effectively handed the ball off to the opponents defense and let them run it back for a TD. How many penalties have we had? Dropped passes? How many plays that are just plain lack of focus and concentration?
I firmly believe we have the best team in the country. I just hope that someday, they will play like it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 10:31 PM

Twice the ACC running back of all time fumbled... both on exchanges with a freshman QB in his first and second game. Give it a break, it happens. We didn't execute its that simple.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only in cootlumbia, the home of little chickens. Or is that

Nov 8, 2020, 5:02 PM

chicken little?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,141
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic