Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jimbo’s crew At it again.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,765

Jimbo’s crew At it again.

Nov 26, 2018, 8:10 AM

Sorry for such a long article, but the bottom line is someone who was credentialed (possibly Jimbo’s nephew) threw a punch after the game and hit an LSU offensive analyst in the chest, exactly where he has a pacemaker. The LSU assistant had to be checked out by Texas A&M team doctors before he could leave. Article detailing the incident is below.

GLENN GUILBEAU | USA TODAY NETWORK | 9 hours ago

COLLEGE STATION, Texas — Apparently, seven overtimes was not enough.

After No. 22 Texas A&M outlasted No. 7 LSU, 74-72, in an NCAA record-tying seven overtimes that took 4 hours and 53 minutes Saturday night, the battle raged on, and the fallout may continue Monday.

LSU offensive analyst Steve Kragthorpe, 53, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2011 and has had a pacemaker in his chest to stimulate his brain since 2017, was punched in the chest by a credentialed man from the Texas A&M sideline.

That is when LSU director of player development Kevin Faulk, a former LSU and NFL star back from Lafayette, went after the man, whose identity has not been confirmed by Texas A&M.

"Out of nowhere, I got nailed," Kragthorpe said in a phone interview while he drove back home from the game Sunday afternoon. "I didn't go down, but I clutched over. I was like, '####, he got me right in my pacemaker.' Then it started fluttering like he jostled it."

Kragthorpe was checked out by Texas A&M team doctor Jesse Parr and emergency medical personnel at the game.

"I feel OK, but not as good as I was," Kragthorpe said. "I felt like he tore something in there. I will be seeing my neurologist in Baton Rouge on Monday."

Kragthorpe, a former head coach at Tulsa (2003-06) and at Louisville (2007-09) was A&M's receivers coach in 2010 before becoming LSU's offensive coordinator for the 2011 season. That summer, he was diagnosed with Parkinson's, which is a degenerative nervous system disorder.

He kept coaching at LSU, but just wide receivers in 2011 and '12. Then he moved out of coaching to a special assistant under then-coach Les Miles and has been an analyst since 2013.

"I don't want to press charges," he said. "I don't want to pursue it. It's one of those things that happens in the heat of the moment."

But Kragthorpe said Texas A&M may be held responsible if his pacemaker has been damaged or if he has been injured.

"I didn't appreciate getting punched in my pacemaker," he said. "I'm not feeling good right now. I have no idea who the guy is. But he was wearing an A&M shirt, and I think I saw him signalling during the game. He was credentialed, so A&M should know who he is."

Texas A&M athletic department officials have not confirmed the man's identity amid reports Sunday that the person who hit Kragthorpe was Cole Fisher, a nephew of Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher, who said after the game he knew nothing of the incident.

"I don't know who Cole Fisher is," Texas A&M associate director for football communications Brad Marquardt said Sunday.

All Faulk knows is he saw someone punch Kragthorpe in his chest. Then he went after him.

"It's unfortunate this situation happened," Faulk said Sunday in a phone interview. "It got out of hand. But I was just behaving as my mom and dad raised me. This guy hit Coach Kragthorpe in the chest. I just stepped in. It just happened.

"I'd rather talk about the game. It was one of the greatest games I've ever been a part of. To have that many points scored and all the back and forth."

The game, which ended the regular season for both teams, set a Football Bowl Subdivision record for most points with 146.

Kragthorpe said he was at first walking across the sideline to say hello to Texas A&M linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto, who coached at LSU from 2014-16, and other A&M coaches Kragthorpe knows. Then he saw Texas A&M wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig yelling and going up to LSU coaches, including head coach Ed Orgeron.

"Dameyune Craig started the whole thing," Kragthorpe said. "Just trash talking and yelling and screaming a bunch of crap."

Craig was hired by Miles to be LSU wide receivers coach in 2016. Orgeron, who replaced Miles on an interim basis after four games in 2016, fired Craig shortly after being promoted to head coach after the regular season.

"I went up to Dameyune and said, 'Hey, Dameyune get out of here. You won. You don't need to be doing that. Move along,'" Kragthorpe said. "And that's when I got hit. I mean, I got nailed. He was a young guy. I'm 53. I'm not going to fight him. I have Parkinson's, but even if I didn't, I haven't gotten in a fight since high school. That would be a poor reflection on Coach O and Joe (athletic director Joe Alleva)."

Kragthorpe said he didn't get to talk to the person who hit him.

"He kind of peeled off, and so did I," he said. "It was a melee. Everything happened so fast. I'm sure he didn't know I have a pacemaker. Maybe he tried to hit me in the head and missed, I don't know."

LSU has contacted the Southeastern Conference office about the incident and about some of the controversial calls and non-calls in the game that hurt LSU, senior associate athletic director for external communications Robert Munson said Sunday.

"LSU is looking into the incident," Munson said.

"We've been in contact with both schools, which is common after games," SEC associate commissioner Herb Vincent said.

"Something needs to be done by the SEC office concerning both of those guys (Craig and apparently Cole Fisher)," Kragthorpe said. "It's unfortunate this all happened because it was such a great game. What happened will put an asterisk on what was one of the greatest college football games in the history of the game. A game that will be talked about for the next 10 years. It was like a Roman gladiator thing out there. It was a fight to the death."

Message was edited by: baker5801®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The SEC - it just means ...more

Nov 26, 2018, 8:34 AM

thuggery from poor winners

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The SEC - it just means ... holds more

Nov 26, 2018, 8:39 AM

sec officials refused to call a hold Saturday night against the chickens BUT they sure called one on Jacobs Trophy winning Mitch Hyatt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jimbo’s crew At it again.

Nov 26, 2018, 8:47 AM

My cardiologist said that my pacemaker is titanium and will stop a bullet when I asked about it getting hit accidentally. I know it always make me nervous when something hits it, but this is interesting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did A&M expect when they hired Jimbo

Nov 26, 2018, 8:58 AM

Everyone knows what happened at FSU during his tenure.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,765
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic