Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The RN saga, thoughts.... (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

The RN saga, thoughts.... (long)

Nov 2, 2012, 11:09 AM

What in the world is wrong with some of you guys? I dont like to post on here anymore becasue of all the garbage you have to deal with, but
I'm really surprised by all this RN drama and how the Clemson faithful are taking it. WEll, how many of you are taking it. So, I'd like to
share some of my thoughts....

First off, I think RN is a wonderful athlete and I'm sure he is well deserving of his national recognition. I would love nothing more
than to see him come to Clemson. I think he would really be a tremendous help to our defense, no question. I'm also sure he is a wonderful
young man and I'm sure he has terrific parents. Just because they are not big on Clemson doesn't mean they are not fine folks. I'm sure they
both just want what they feel is best for him and his college experience. I can see the appeal of having sons play together. I have three
sons of my own and one of them is a really good basketball player and he is already talking about playing in college. And he is good enough
that he may have a chance to do that in the future. And his younger brothers also want to play with him. As a Dad, it would be a very cool
thing to see and experience. So, yes, I can understand the appeal. And it is powerful..

Lining up beside your older brother and fighting to win a college game together is something many of us would enjoy. So in that respect, I
can see where RN would be torn. And his parents wanting to see that magic, as stated, is certainly natural.

Aside from this, lets hope RN does consider other things before flipping too easily. And as much as I'd love to have him here, I am honestly saying
this for one reason.... If this is where he felt a connection and a love, then walking away from Clemson might not be the right choice.

I hope RN is well aware that it would not have mattered what school he had committed to, being the number one prospect would have guaranteed
him pressure to consider other schools, regardless of where he committed initially. Papers and news outlets from all over the country have human
writers and yes, they all have their own agenda to which they carefully try to mask behind journalistic integrity. So naturally a news outlet in
GA or AL isnt going to paint Clemson in a positive light. They would love nothing more than to see him go elsewhere and hopefully to them. And
if he was committed to UGA, other papers would be trying to get him to consider other places as well. So paying any attention to any of these
outlets would be a huge mistake for him, no matter how many times they ask the same question. They have an agenda.

And it is not his best interest.

Also, as much as playing with your brother would be great, RN needs to consider his future more. Im sure playing at AL or UGA or OLE miss would
be great.... They are all fine colleges,but none will offer him what Clemson will or can. Not even close. For one, coming here, he will most certainly
be starting from day 1. This is obviously gonna help him get to the next level. He will be able to play with several of his close friends, which is also
something he wont get to experience anywhere else. Ole miss aint never winning any championships anytime soon, thats pretty much a fact and something
to consider. So as much as playing with his brother would be nice... going there would pretty much eliminate that chance. And if you go to AL, you have
to consider they are truly loaded on D, so his chance to start right off if he plans to play only 3 years in college would be a bad decision. Going to
UGA isnt too bad a choice but frankly I dont see UGA as an up and coming program IMO. As a mattter of fact, if they hit another sub par stretch, I see
Mark's seat heating up real fast.

All of these schools, when he visits are most likely talking about all the reasons why he should not come here. But hopefully he is smart enough to understand
that thats only because he is currently committed here and not because Clemson isnt a nice place.

RN... if you love this school, this place, and you felt this was right for you.... then ignore all these people and do what's in your heart. You will come
here and start right away, you will be here with many of your high school friends, if you do well... you will be placed on a pedestal and loved like no
other place in america and you will have come to the place that YOU chose and not the place someone else chose for you. You would have come here because
you felt that connection. Just because your have not visited in a bit, does not mean Clemson somehow become less appealing. And as far as programs on the rise.
..... There are few programs with as much to anticipate than Clemson has, especially in 2013. Go to a BCS game here in 2013 your first year and your older brother will
be coming to see you play, not the other way around.

And as much as your mom doesnt seem to like Clemson, she will love you no matter where you go. And in the end, it is just about what you want from your life.
To me, Id rather make my own path, than to have someone else ###### it for me. Maybe ole miss is the right place for your older brother. He may go down as one of the
best players in recent ole miss history, but..... do you really want to follow him? Or... make your own history? Clemson is a very special place. So before you
change your mind, make sure someone else isnt changing it for you. At the end of the day, it is your life.

So, anyway, please guys get off RN back and stop trashing his parents. They are just parents and love their son. Lets hope Robert will continue to want to be here
and if he doesnt, lets hope he drops is committment here sooner rather than later so we can recruit a replacement. That is the right thing to do. We all want
you here Robert, but if you know you arnt coming, do us the favor of not having us plan for the illusion of you coming. And if you are coming, then maybe
try being a little firmer because you sure do have a lot of people worried. Either way, just be committed somewhere.

Oh and one last thing, dont pay any of these idiots on these forums except the sane ones any attention. You have to really overlook all the hate messages and
consider that the source of some of this stuff are some really low character people and not reflective of the entire Clemson family. They represent a small part
and every college team has them.

Best of luck RN. Wherever you end up.

And before I go, I'd like to say that even though they are not written about as frequently, I have super excited about each and every committment we currently have.
There are some fine ones out there. The guy from Hawaii has me very excited. Im already a fan of his. I cant wait to see all of them wearing orange.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry my text got off track***

Nov 2, 2012, 11:11 AM

Re:The RN saga, thoughts.. (long- too long to read actually)

Nov 2, 2012, 11:13 AM

sorry

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

then dont read it?!!?!***

Nov 2, 2012, 11:19 AM

Bottom line is were are up against an Ole Miss Alumnus that

Nov 2, 2012, 11:33 AM

is doing some real illegal stuff. RN may end up there, however our staff has been collecting some information that may be very costly to Hugh Freeze and his staff providing RN signs with Ole Miss.

Nice Post***

Nov 2, 2012, 12:36 PM

Bottom Line

Nov 2, 2012, 12:43 PM

If he wants to be a Tiger we'll know in Feb. Other than that no need to kiss his a**.

In Somemary...das loooong

Nov 2, 2012, 1:13 PM

Lots of words...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic