Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Problem with Kaepernicks Stand
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

The Problem with Kaepernicks Stand

Aug 29, 2016, 10:04 PM

First off, it is apparent by his post number and join date that Chucktown Tiger93 is a troll, so nothing to see with his post.

There is a disturbing trend in America (I have noticed most recently within the past two years) by the mainstream media to divide the public. The recent racial events have spurred this to a new height, and it is a common talking point on all news outlets. Whether or not this is meant to spread awareness or promote an agenda, it has an effect on society as a whole by making everyone pick a side. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but as the old saying goes opinions are like ########, everyone has one and they all stink. With that being said, here is my opinion so take it or leave it.

I am worried about where our nation is going, and while I agree there are issues with law enforcement within this country, they do much more good than bad. There will always be bad apples in a business where hundreds of thousands are employed unfortunately, but it should not overshadow the great work of many others.

Sports are one of the last things in our nation that truly bring people together. It doesn't matter your race, religion, worldview, whatever, you are all there to support your team and cheer them on. Colin Kaepernick is now choosing to use this stage, one that so many would love to experience, to further divide fans of his own team. Fans that may not agree on everything, but they all agree they can cheer on the 49ers. He could choose to speak out about this in many public arenas available to him, but he chooses to do so at a sporting event bringing together tens of thousands of people under one interest. I hope he sees the damage this could cause, but I do not think he does.

I hope this does not spill over into other areas of football or other sports, but I have a feeling it may. Chances are it will blow over in a week, but it has shown how much of a stage pro athletes can have. I am ready for some football and hope that our Clemson Tigers all choose to pay their respects to our great nation before every game this year.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My first question to him is

Aug 29, 2016, 11:23 PM

"How involved have you been in community outreach to inner city youth to help them see how self-defeating certain behaviors are?" If he wants to fight oppression, the place to start would be getting young people to choose constructive pathways to eliminate criminal behavior and black-on-black crime. If he doesn't do this already, he should not protest so loudly. Maybe he does this already, if not he should.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Problem with Kaepernicks Stand

Aug 29, 2016, 11:32 PM

The only part I read of your paragraph that you put so much effort into was mentioning me lol. I'm on here daily, if I'm not posting I'm either reading threads or updates... I have another Tigernet account with a plus 90 pulse rate(that doesn't matter to me just thought I'll throw that out there) that I can't get into anymore since I forgot my password for it. With that said, I'm far from a troll and I'm just gonna leave it at that.

I'm not even gonna talk about the Kap situation on here anymore. You red, white and blue patriots who never do anything are always right.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple to do....

Aug 29, 2016, 11:51 PM

all you have to do is tmail the mods with your old user name and you will have your old password in less than 24 hours,,,,if you really have an old user name........

Anyone with half a brain would know to do that

Re: Simple to do....

Aug 29, 2016, 11:57 PM

I thought about doing that the first day I made this account but never got to it because it honestly doesn't matter to me.... Anyone with a normal life would know that

"it honestly doesn't matter to me"...

Aug 30, 2016, 12:06 AM

...yet you brought it up like some kind of badge of honor to prove your point. I'm sorry, it ain't happening. I'm just not feeling it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: "it honestly doesn't matter to me"...

Aug 30, 2016, 12:13 AM

He called me a troll so me saying that was very much relevant to the topic at hand. Have a good night, I've been arguing with you gurus and legends all night.

Re: "it honestly doesn't matter to me"...

Aug 30, 2016, 1:03 AM

Dude, you need to get lay ed. This board is taking up too much of your life.

There is no normal life, there's just life***

Aug 30, 2016, 6:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Simple to do.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

"I have another Tigernet account with a plus 90 pulse"...

Aug 29, 2016, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: The Problem with Kaepernicks Stand ]

...tells me all I need to know. Honest much? Integrity matter much? Certainly not helping your cause while you denigrate so many others on this board.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: "I have another Tigernet account with a plus 90 pulse"...

Aug 30, 2016, 12:01 AM

No my integrity doesn't matter to me AT ALL on this board, you people not liking me on here doesn't make me nor break me. It's anonymous for a reason, y'all take this board way too seriously.... But since you and others don't believe me I'll get my old account back, but why do that if everyone is gonna knows it's "Chucktown Tiger93" still...

Methinks you are the one that took this board...

Aug 30, 2016, 12:12 AM

...way too seriously with your incendiary comments. Be sure to reply to me with one of your two profiles. Which ever suits your mood at the moment.

"...because it honestly doesn't matter to me...."

Aug 30, 2016, 6:42 AM [ in reply to Re: "I have another Tigernet account with a plus 90 pulse"... ]

What? ....because it honestly didn't matter to the men at Brooklyn, Trenton, Valley Forge, Cowpens, Yorktown, Pearl Harbor, or Bastogne? It doesn't matter to you? The MEN who gave their lives to give you the privilege to express your opinion, who gave you rock-and-roll and music as you know it, who gave you the right to vote? Stand up and grow a pair, you ingrate - I feel sure you have it in you. BTW, your integrity is all that really that matters, on this board or otherwise, and it should matter to you - provided it respects the integrity of others. Not liking you is a privilege I fight for. God bless, and....

GO TIGERS!

Re: "...because it honestly doesn't matter to me...."

Aug 30, 2016, 12:02 PM

Not one time did Kaep disrespect the soilders. Matter fact, he spoke highly of the soilders... Do some research instead of reading headlines and what people on Tigernet says.

He's only speaking about the injustice of blacks getting killed by police officers. That's his only thing. This whole thing has gotten blown out of proportion by people like you.

Let's not forget. There's a picture of the Emmanuel 9 killer burning an American flag. He also had a Go fund me account made which people donated and raised money this guy. That sums it up right there.

Re: "...because it honestly doesn't matter to me...."

Aug 30, 2016, 12:47 PM

The Emanuel 9 killer has nothing to do with his complaints about police actions or government oppression. That punk will get what's coming to him over and over. And there have been many white cops shot by black criminals that are rarely mentioned. Can we assume the cops deserved shooting more than the criminals and a bigger percentage of the non-cops were more innocent than the dead cops? I don't think so. And Milwaukee rioted when a back cop defended himself from being shot by a man with a gun. This world is getting more crazy every day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2016, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: The Problem with Kaepernicks Stand ]

Who is this moron.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 30, 2016, 1:00 AM

Kaepernick is doing this to keep himself relevant. I'll bet my house on it. He sucks as a QB, and he wants to keep his name out there.

Aug 30, 2016, 6:54 AM

Oh, yeah - he'll keep his name out there for about the prescribed 15 mins., but I suspect his career is about to end soon and painfully.

Aug 30, 2016, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Re: The Problem with Kaepernicks Stand ]

I tend to agree, he has been on the downward trend for a while and this year could be his last if he keeps producing the same stats as the last two

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2016, 11:10 AM

The biggest problem I have with it is why single out just one issue - there are simply many more reasons to stand in respect to that flag than the one he gave.....so respectfully stand fella!!!!

Other problem: The NFL needs to come up with a ruling which will keep not football issues from being taken up like this by its players.....A ruling would eliminate all of this and should come very quickly before the season starts...

can't do that, there is something called the first amendment***

Aug 30, 2016, 1:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: can't do that, there is something called the first amendment***

Aug 30, 2016, 1:30 PM

Umm they 100% can do that.

is that he's not standing.***

Aug 30, 2016, 11:29 AM

it's not a "a few bad apples" it's systematic from the top down...

Aug 30, 2016, 1:18 PM

Racial profiling and authoritarian police tactics are taught to police now a days. Combine that with prisons for profits industry, companies that hire prisoners for cheap labor instead of hiring people not in prison, and the school to prison system the government has set up to keep private prisons thriving, and you get the situation we have now. What a lot of white people who are animostic towards those fighting against it or in denial about will learn the police aren't just getting authoritarian minorities, they are getting authoritarian towards white people to.

Re: it's not a "a few bad apples" it's systematic from the top down...

Aug 30, 2016, 1:30 PM

here comes Tnets race baiter #1 to tell us all how evil and racist we are.

woo hoo

do you think the USA is worse than any other country

Aug 30, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to it's not a "a few bad apples" it's systematic from the top down... ]

in terms of race relations with a sizable minority population? Which country does a better job?

Re: do you think the USA is worse than any other country

Aug 30, 2016, 3:15 PM

He wont answer.

Aug 30, 2016, 3:39 PM

White People....smh.

Aug 30, 2016, 3:42 PM

Hey look everyone it is TK79s racist buddy Feel.

Aug 30, 2016, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: The Problem with Kaepernicks Stand ]

Hope bro Kap don't get pulled over in SF this week.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/08/29/sf-police-officers-critical-of-kaepernick-statements/

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic