Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Police need to start beating people down in Charlotte
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

The Police need to start beating people down in Charlotte

Sep 21, 2016, 11:23 PM

If they don't go home.
It's just an excuse to be animals is what I see.
A lot of people that live in that area are in danger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, they aren't protestors anymore.***

Sep 21, 2016, 11:28 PM

Exactly******

Sep 22, 2016, 12:55 AM

Where's our fearless leader? good god.***

Sep 21, 2016, 11:38 PM

Re: Where's our fearless leader? good god.***

Sep 21, 2016, 11:40 PM

He is sitting back eating popcorn loving every bit of it.

You mean Dabo? Are you waiting for his comment on this?***

Sep 21, 2016, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Where's our fearless leader? good god.*** ]

nothing says protest

Sep 21, 2016, 11:41 PM

Like a pudgy white guy in line skating with his fist raised. It only helps that he is very proficient at his in line skating.

And what's a good protest that doesn't include

Sep 22, 2016, 9:16 AM

looting flatscreens from the local Walmart..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: The Police need to start beating people down in Charlotte

Sep 21, 2016, 11:46 PM

Yes

Sep 22, 2016, 12:49 AM

The Police has been in critical need for better training when it comes to using deadly force against our own citizens. I'm sure that some of these death numbers were necessary, but I would bet that most of the shootings were done out of fear by the cop. A normal scared human will strike out in deadly force when pushed into fear, but a cop that suffers from inner fear caused by daily stress of their job, and that causes them to use deadly force that kills another human much quicker bc of their on the job fear alone. Those are the ones that are in the wrong line of work bc they can't control their inner fear caused by the job stress. And it causes them to react with deadly force without allowing their minds the seconds it takes for them to make the proper judgement!!! Video cameras are proving that the triggers are being pulled to quick by those cops that can't control their job fear!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

while your mind is taking seconds to process... the perp has

Sep 22, 2016, 1:00 AM

pulled his gun and maybe the trigger...

are there bad cops? Sure

but I raise my glass in appreciation of the job the men and women in blue do...

It is that respect for cops, which I share, that provides...

Sep 22, 2016, 10:54 AM

my motivation to give them complete control of the situation and scene at every time when they stop me for any reason. This all comes from the heart. These idiots stirring up the ignorant masses are making the job of being a cop more difficult and getting their followers killed by ruining their attitudes toward the "Authorities."

When a man has a problem with authority he has a problem with God for from Him comes all authority.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoa.

Sep 22, 2016, 11:05 AM

"When a man has a problem with authority he has a problem with God for from Him comes all authority."

I'm fully on board with respecting cops and doing whatever they want , but I believe we need to back away from the concept of those opposing any authority opposing God.

null

I didn't say it's wrong to oppose authority.

Sep 22, 2016, 11:16 AM

I said it's wrong to not submit to the authority. It's what Paul told the Romans in chapter 13 vs 1-7.

If you think I haven't had an opinion which conflicts with authority you're mistaken. There is a difference between having conflicting views and challenging authority. The Bible plainly tells us right from wrong. It never tells us to challenge authority or get involved in politics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So where does that leave Kim Davis?***

Sep 22, 2016, 1:07 PM

Sep 22, 2016, 6:10 AM [ in reply to Re: The Police need to start beating people down in Charlotte ]

Killed
Whites 324
All others 382

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now we have an theory.

Sep 22, 2016, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: The Police need to start beating people down in Charlotte ]

If a man takes a job as a cop these days and doesn't fear being killed on the job he's probably mentally ill/crazy/insane/loony or just plain stupid. Wouldn't that be more dangerous to the public than what we have?

Sep 22, 2016, 6:02 AM

Matthew 5
38You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth. 39But I tell you not to resist an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also; 40if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well; 41and if someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
43You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. 44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles do the same?
48Be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly Father is perfect.

Sep 22, 2016, 7:37 AM

The problem is it doesn't matter if the guy had a gun or a book.

In NC, they have "open carry", and the cops had no right to ask that man to disarm himself- he was, according to NC law, committing no crime.

Yet where is the NRA? Why are the "2nd amendment rights" of this particular demographic not being defended? And why aren't NC's permissive gun laws not providing a grand utopia of safety and lawfulness in Charlotte right now?

Are you certain that a cop has no right to

Sep 22, 2016, 7:41 AM

Demand a citizen with a legal right to carry a weapon, drop a weapon that they are holding in their hand? I would be surprised if that were the case.

null

Re: Are you certain that a cop has no right to

Sep 22, 2016, 8:37 AM

Right now the CMPD is saying he posed an "imminent threat", but not explaining exactly how so in light of NC's open carry law (i.e., merely walking around holding a handgun in NC can't be construed as a threat).
If there isn't some sort of attempt to use the gun in a crime, then it could be perceived as the "imminent threat" is "black non-cop with gun", which obviously would make people angry.

The rioting is stupid, but, due to years of previous misapplied interactions with our judicial system for a large segment of our populace, there's a point when any violence involving a cop is going to be inflammatory. We're probably well past that point.

Hopefully municipalities are going to get more proactive and pragmatic about changing methodology to result in more effective law enforcement. If there's a positive to come out of any of this, that'd be about it.

I am confident that a cop has a right to demand

Sep 22, 2016, 11:14 AM

Anyone with a firearm drop that weapon when they arrive in an otherwise unsecured scene, regardless of their permit rights. I'm sure if you thought through the logical conclusion of your theory, you will see why you are not correct. But I admit I don't know all the rules. I do know that if you're pulled over with a legal firearm in your car, you're advised to keep your hands on the dash board or wheel and inform the officer.

We'll see how it all works out but I think your take is off. If someone is holding a firearm (not holstered, but actually holding it), and fails to drop it when instructed, there is an issue.

I keep going back to this...people talk about "unarmed" people getting shot like that is a criteria. People like to act like the cop has to wait for an armed person to literally point the gun at the cop and tell them they intend to shoot them. People need to understand that this not a duel for honor. The cop gets to go home that night, and they don't have to take a beating from a 280 pound man because he's unarmed. They do to wait until it's too late and they or their partner are shot/killed.

null

Re: I am confident that a cop has a right to demand

Sep 22, 2016, 12:56 PM

No, what people need to understand including cops, dead is a finale occurrence. I'm very rarely stopped by a cop, but when I am, the first thing I do is hand the cop my drivers license along with my CWP keeping my hands in plain site waiting for his/her instruction if there is any. Only twice has that happen, and both times I was told that I handled it in the right way. I never have a firearm on my person while driving, center console works well for me. If a cop was to order you out of your vehicle, and you have a weapon in a inside the pants or out the pants holster, it can and most of the time will cause a cop to panic that could end in a death. Just let those guys know that you have a legal weapon, hopefully everybody goes home safe and alive!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Open carry and holding the gun in your hand

Sep 22, 2016, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you certain that a cop has no right to ]

are two VERY different things. If you are holding in your hand it's called brandishing and is in no way legal unless you are defending yourself.

GO TIGERS!!

Thank you. I was confident there would be a difference

Sep 22, 2016, 1:05 PM

between having the gun and holding the gun, but didn't know the specifics.

null

Re: Thank you. I was confident there would be a difference

Sep 22, 2016, 1:22 PM

"Open carry" just means that it can be holstered in plain sight.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Thank you. I was confident there would be a difference

Sep 22, 2016, 7:22 PM

> "Open carry" just means that it can be holstered in
> plain sight.

Here is the NC law.

The word "holster" isn't even in the document, nor is the word "hip", nor is the word "brandish". The only obligation one has to an officer is in regards to their gun is to declare a concealed one.

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299-a2a7-4ae5-99fd-9018262f64ac/NC-Firearms-gun-Laws.aspx

It is an incredibly stupid law, but it is the law, and it does apply to everyone in NC, white or black.

Anyway, how does one holster his hunting rifle?

How about her AR-15?

https://christophercantwell.com/2013/10/22/north-carolina-woman-arrested-for-unloaded-open-carry/

And why is this woman being defending by gun folks, and why is there a post right here where a man is clearly riding around with a gun in his hand, hanging out the window of a moving vehicle, in clear violation of two of NC's laws, receiving "applause" by some?

What is the difference? Is it um, demographic?

well, you can spell words and use punctuation

Sep 22, 2016, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: The Police need to start beating people down in Charlotte ]

that's about all I can say that is correct about this post.

Not sure I've ever seen a more asinine post on this board, and that's saying a lot.

LOL, Open carry doesn't give you the right to wave around

Sep 22, 2016, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: The Police need to start beating people down in Charlotte ]

a gun or to disobey lawful orders from police. You need to look up the definition of carry in this context. It doesn't mean walk around with it in your hand.

I would suggest a Bible verse about...

Sep 22, 2016, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: The Police need to start beating people down in Charlotte ]

submitting to authority is more applicable in this thread. Maybe something from Romans, perhaps chapter 13 and probably verses 1-7?

1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Yeah, I think that's it.

Again, Kim Davis.***

Sep 22, 2016, 1:23 PM

Kim Davis should be...

Sep 22, 2016, 1:55 PM

asked to resign by those who voted for her. If you knew half as much about me as you think, you'd know I'm not one who promotes breaking or disobeying laws. I firmly believe that man's law is written for the lawless not the God fearing among us. Therefore it should be no task to obey the laws.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

love The Police

Sep 22, 2016, 9:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaNt9-QkiHI

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Sep 23, 2016, 12:48 AM

I'll go ahead and post this below Sadaam, although I doubt you and your ilk will understand it:

"I am... against all violations of the Constitution to silence by
force and not by reason the complaints or criticisms, just or
unjust, of our citizens against the conduct of their agents."
--Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1799.

Let me translate for you. This is America, we don't just start beating people down.

This isn't Russia, China or Iraq.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic