Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How can that put OSU ahead of us. OSU has struggled against much less competition.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

How can that put OSU ahead of us. OSU has struggled against much less competition.

Oct 14, 2018, 2:37 PM

These media guys have some kind of love affair with Urban Meyer. If Clemson played OSU next week in a neutral site I believe they would get not butt whipping. This is why I think polls are political and somewhat less meaningful. I believe they are trying to set up Clemson-Bama 4. IMO we should be ranked #2! I believe Vegas has more control over college football than the NCAA.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't they 7-0? Since we're 6-0 that's....

Oct 14, 2018, 2:42 PM

probably why

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With that logic we should be 4th, since ND is 7-0.***

Oct 14, 2018, 3:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aren't they 7-0? Since we're 6-0 that's....

Oct 14, 2018, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Aren't they 7-0? Since we're 6-0 that's.... ]

they hav me not played the difficult of a schedule but ESPN falls in love with them or any Urban Meyer coached team every season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can that put OSU ahead of us. OSU has struggled against much less competition.

Oct 14, 2018, 2:58 PM

I make this argument constantly. They beat a PSU that just lost to unranked Mich St then a 3-3 TCU..

The Penn State win is what propelled Ohio State in the top 4

Oct 14, 2018, 3:15 PM

Penn State is also a team with no defense, just like Wisconsin and Ohio State. Those three teams are ranked 53rd, 54th, and 58th respectively in yards allowed per game. Teams with defenses that poor don't win championships. All you need is one bad game offensively to ruin your season. Penn State and Wisconsin are already out of the CFP, Ohio State will soon find itself in the same place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can that put OSU ahead of us. OSU has struggled against much less competition.

Oct 14, 2018, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: How can that put OSU ahead of us. OSU has struggled against much less competition. ]

60 million Big10 fans. No worries, they’re gonna have another highly disappointing New Years Eve..............and they’ll never see it coming.

Oct 14, 2018, 3:09 PM

Make no mistake that ratings and fan base sizes play a big factor. I hope we go to the cfp and play OSU again. I really like our chances.

NCAA football is a huge money business and profits are important. If two teams are close for the number 4 spot the they will give it to the cash cow team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It just doesn't matter. TexAM is shaping up to be a better win than PSU

Oct 14, 2018, 3:19 PM

for them, but the committee will see that. OhSt had their Syr game yesterday, squeeking by at home, but the score good and doesn't reflect the game at all.
We'll see what the committee does. We'll also see what Clemson does against NC St. We win big, we'll be rewarded. If we lose, then arguing #2 or #3 won't matter.

null

Oct 14, 2018, 3:50 PM

1: love affair with UM? Did you watch tv two months ago? They bashed and drug his name through the mud.
2: much less competition? Based on?
3: let me remind you that our best (only good) win game against a team that only beat the coots by 3 yesterday.

While your post is completely incorrect and bias, I will be fair and point out that you did use terms like “I believe, I think, abs IMO” throughout. So there’s that.

Oct 14, 2018, 3:55 PM

Please don’t underestimate the uncertainty in our QB situation through the first 5 games. We won despite it and that’s why i think the second half of the season will reflect a much more bablanced team on both sides of the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 5:35 PM

As long as we are 1-3 I’m ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic