Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ONLY team yesterday that looked truly dominant...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,800

The ONLY team yesterday that looked truly dominant...

Sep 22, 2013, 10:45 AM

was Stanford (against a ranked opponent). Ohio St.'s win over yet another cupcake opponent means nothing to me. Bama had trouble against Colorado State until the 4th quarter, AT HOME. LSU nearly allowed Auburn to get right back into their game, AT HOME (on that note, the LSU crowd showing was an embarrassment in the second half).

I'm not really worried about where we'll be ranked. And if anything, Oregon should overtake Bama as #1. I know the Ducks didn't play, but that Crimson Tide team looks very little like the squads that won the national title the last two years.

Like I've said before, anybody can have a rough game. And yesterday proved it. We're a top-5 team. Don't doubt it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

What was the LSU crowd doing? If the rain was anything

Sep 22, 2013, 10:51 AM

in the second half like it was in the first, I would have been gone, too. That game was a classic "maybe Auburn will come back, but we pretty know they won't so let's get out of this crap" game if I ever saw one. If there was some other sort of shenanigans going on, fill me in.

The rain had stopped by the beginning of the 2nd half...

Sep 22, 2013, 11:04 AM

and the crowd was still dwindling. I get that nobody wants to sit or stand in the rain, but for the reputation LSU has for its rowdy home crowd, they could have waited it out. Even the announcers commented on it. Hey, I remember sitting through every second of the home games in 2009, when rain was the only sure thing. You do what you have to for your team.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

LSU's team only played three quarters yesterday...

Sep 22, 2013, 12:24 PM [ in reply to What was the LSU crowd doing? If the rain was anything ]

When the crowd checked out, they checked out too.

Not sure what Stanford team you were watching but

Sep 22, 2013, 6:07 PM

They got owned in the second half and almost let a mediocre ASU team come back and beat them. At home mind you. They also got a questionable call on an onside kick. Although I agreed with the call. Not to mention their "dominating" performance against an Army team that got waxed by Wake Forest.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure what Stanford team you were watching but

Sep 22, 2013, 7:05 PM

exactly what i was thinking.

null

Re: Not sure what Stanford team you were watching but

Sep 22, 2013, 7:26 PM

Palo Alto isn't exactly an intimidating venue for an opposing team. Nothing like the real death valley (CU) or the place LSU plays. We will know a lot about Stanford after the Oregon game. Right now, in my opinion, Oregon is the team to beat. I think Bama loses to either Ole mMiss or LSU. And I can't wait.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,800
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic