Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greenr..Stern talking about Phish and their fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 332

Greenr..Stern talking about Phish and their fans

Jun 25, 2019, 10:06 AM

Pretty funny stuff. They talked to a guy who was crying during one of their concerts.

Was there a nitrous alley last week?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Nitrous Mafia is always there (I think) and they were

Jun 25, 2019, 10:11 AM

in Charlotte as well I was told. I don't exactly remember that part of the night. THe Nitrous is a dirty nasty part of the scene. It is worse some places and with some bands.

What type of Music does Stern listen to? I didn't even know he was still on the radio. His movie was funny way back in the day.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Side note, I have shed a tear at Panic concerts

Jun 25, 2019, 10:15 AM

usually due to being super drunk and then a song that has a much deeper meaning to me personally comes on, might be about a dog (Greta and Jack) or might remind me of a family member who is no longer there. It has happened, not openly weeping, but a tear or two wells up in the eyes.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The dude crying started crying talking about it.

Jun 25, 2019, 10:21 AM

He was crying about some song "harpooa" (?) Then Stern played it and well..."there's a dog in the station with a bad reputation...something something and he does't need a vacation".

Wow.

and a cat named poster nutbag***

Jun 25, 2019, 10:48 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh and it's Harpua***

Jun 25, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to The dude crying started crying talking about it. ]

Re: The dude crying started crying talking about it.***

Jun 25, 2019, 10:51 AM [ in reply to The dude crying started crying talking about it. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DO NOT BESMIRCH THE GOOD NAME OF POSTER NUTBAG***

Jun 25, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to The dude crying started crying talking about it. ]

I don't know what this means

Jun 25, 2019, 11:23 AM

But it sounded turrible.

They also played this tune (they said) and the word were unintelliigible. Sound like something about feces and falling into the atlantic?. And WT F is this guy doing at about 16 minutes into it? this just makes white people look bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onq0yTA-J_M

Re: I don't know what this means

Jun 25, 2019, 12:07 PM

https://phish.net/faq/watsiyem

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's part of the fun

Jun 25, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to I don't know what this means ]

it's kinda like a big nerdy inside joke.

i don't try and push it on people, but it's kinda fun when you get into it.

In 2014, Rolling Stone hosted an online poll asking Phish fans for the top ten Phish songs of all time. Due to an organized effort from a group of phans, “Lushington”, an extreme rarity that hadn’t been played since 1987, won the poll and was the #1 favorite Phish track of all time. It was an obvious joke, but one that the band took note of, as they showed up with a setlist that would mess with fans just as much as the fans messed with Rolling Stone.

The band opened set one with “Llama”, then “Undermind”, then “Stash”, followed by “Halway to the Moon” > “I Didn’t Know”. Once the “I” came in, it was clear that the band were spelling out “Lushington”. Would the band actually play that revered rarity? As the band reached the second and final “N” in “Lushington”—an awesome version of Led Zeppelin‘s “No Quarter”—fans were going nuts for “Lushington”, when, all of a sudden, a grinning Trey Anastasio counted off “Ha Ha Ha”, essentially laughing at their audience for getting their hopes up, and making for one of the most humorous moments in Phish history. Trey proclaimed “You asked, we delivered, simple as that” before introducing Jennifer Hartswick and Natalie Cressman to add horns on a memorable “Suzy Greenberg”.

Check out the full setlist below, and watch Jennifer Hartswick and Natalie Cressman sit in on a fun version of “Suzy Greenberg” from that night below, courtesy of LazyLightning55a.

Phish | ####’s Sporting Goods Park | Commerce City, CO | Friday, 08/29/2014

Set 1: Llama, Undermind, Stash, Halfway to the Moon > I Didn’t Know, Nellie Kane, Guyute, The Line, Ocelot > No Quarter, Ha Ha Ha, Suzy Greenberg

Set 2: 46 Days > Back on the Train > Simple > Ghost > Backwards Down the Number Line > Harry Hood > Wading in the Velvet Sea > Run Like an Antelope
Encore: Character Zero

The goofy dancing or the clicking and popping?***

Jun 25, 2019, 2:09 PM

I think he's a rock guy; He said he wasn't into jam bands

Jun 25, 2019, 10:16 AM [ in reply to The Nitrous Mafia is always there (I think) and they were ]

he's talking about all the drugs everyone at the concert was doing and taking calls from people ho are phish fans. He played about 20 seconds of some song that the lead singer(?) was talking through and commented on that. He also talked to some folks who were all drugged up at a concert.

what time did parking lots open up at PNC?

Jun 25, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to The Nitrous Mafia is always there (I think) and they were ]

coming up on Friday

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

4pm

Jun 25, 2019, 10:49 AM

if you don't want to pay $20 to get in an early parking lot

Thanks!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Get there early. Traffic was TURRIBLE. Took forever to get

Jun 25, 2019, 10:56 AM [ in reply to what time did parking lots open up at PNC? ]

in, we were killing beers driving in. Not a great idea with anxious cops everywhere.

I'm guessing that you waited until you got inside the venue

Jun 25, 2019, 11:30 AM

to shoot up marijuanas.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but security was super lax and I took 8 Beam mini bottle

Jun 25, 2019, 11:53 AM

s in. Had no Marijuanas injected into me.

You're probably going to be censured

Jun 25, 2019, 12:15 PM

for your disobedience at the next filthy communist hippie meeting.

I didn’t see any nitrous, but it prob was there.

Jun 25, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to The Nitrous Mafia is always there (I think) and they were ]

I jetted out to make it to Waffle House before the crowds...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All this blind worship of bands like Phish, Panic and the

Jun 25, 2019, 10:55 AM

Grateful Dead is just silly to me given the fact that bands like Origin Error are out there toiling in obscurity. Nothing makes me shed a tear like listening to a 12 minute Origin Error bass solo.

pretty interesting read here

Jun 25, 2019, 10:57 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/24/magazine/trey-anastasio-phish.html

Beefsteak posted this yesterday

Jun 25, 2019, 11:18 AM

I tried reading it, but much like Phish's music, I kinda lost interest less than half way through it and stopped reading.

My problem with Phish

Jun 25, 2019, 11:32 AM

is that that their songs don't say anything about Mama, or trains, or trucks, or prison, or getting' drunk.

Moma Dance, Get Back On the Train

Jun 25, 2019, 11:54 AM

Possum (assuming he is driving a truck)

I got 3 out of the 5 and I aint a big Phish fan.

IN ONE SONG, GREENR.

Jun 25, 2019, 12:16 PM

THEY STILL HAVEN'T WRITTEN THE PERFECT JAM BAND SONG YET.

My older brother started crying when Zeppelin first

Jun 25, 2019, 11:30 AM

came on stage in 77 at the Omni playing The Song Remains the Same. True story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IE’s hero is Casey Kasem. He doesn’t like any songs longer

Jun 25, 2019, 11:45 AM

than 3 minutes. Likes the hit parade.
http://www.insideradio.com/free/mysterious-death-of-casey-kasem-explored-in-hours/article_d45b52be-ec92-11e8-96d4-170399dd7100.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey..I get it. Sometimes it takes a while for the

Jun 25, 2019, 11:48 AM

hallucinogens to kick in so you can tolerate that noise.

You're about as obsessed with Phish now as you are...

Jun 25, 2019, 12:09 PM

about craft beer. congarts!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was on the radio today

Jun 25, 2019, 12:10 PM

I don't program what Howard Stern says.

Are you his last listener?***

Jun 25, 2019, 12:11 PM

I have no idea of knowing that.

Jun 25, 2019, 12:12 PM

Maybe?

Replies: 32
| visibility 332
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic