Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Appeal Denied: Attorney releases statement on NCAA's Clemson ostarine decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

TNET: Appeal Denied: Attorney releases statement on NCAA's Clemson ostarine decision

May 24, 2019, 9:19 AM

Appeal Denied: Attorney releases statement on NCAA's Clemson ostarine decision

One Clemson football player will miss the 2019 football season and another one's career is likely over after being suspended by the NCAA, according to an attorney for the players’ families. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Appeal Denied: Attorney releases statement on NCAA's Clemson ostarine decision

May 24, 2019, 9:23 AM

NCAA is a ####### scam.

Re: TNET: Appeal Denied: Attorney releases statement on NCAA's Clemson ostarine decision

May 24, 2019, 9:26 AM

Well at least Swoff and the ACC had our back. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2019, 4:06 AM

i just checking every consumable and topical substance that I own. I suggest you do the same. I have insignificant amounts of a lot of stuff in my tank that I’ve eaten or rubbed on. This sucks. Now what do I do?

All factiousness aside, this really stinks for these young men.

It is very unfortunate and a little alarming that the testing agencies do not have the ability to perform tests and analyze results using reasonable common sense. Definitive percentage levels should be set for items that are commonly found in daily use by most persons.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should have hired the UNC Tarheel Lawyers..

May 24, 2019, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Appeal Denied: Attorney releases statement on NCAA's Clemson ostarine decision ]

Saying...Scott-Free.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good ole reputable UNC

May 24, 2019, 11:19 AM

Where it's perfectly ok for football players to cheat as long as regular students get to as well.

I will never look at that university in a positive light again. They admitted to cheating but got off without so much as a rap across the knuckles thanks to some fancy lawyering that "proved" the NCAA had no jurisdiction on the matter.

Freakin figures. The one time you WANT the NCAA to hand down sanctions, they can't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good ole reputable UNC

May 24, 2019, 8:03 PM

So like UNC we just need to prove that other students are taking Osterine as well and we can get them reinstated.??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Appeal Denied: Attorney releases statement on NCAA's Clemson ostarine decision ]

There you go - big bad NCAA wants to enforce what they want, when they want with no regard for the athletes. Enforce one rule, ignore others (like actually having players sign up for real classes)just so you can prove you're a bad ###.
Too bad for these guys!
Maybe it help lead to changing some rules so they actually make sense?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 10:50 AM

definitely didnt investigate UNC's scam classes...

May 24, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Appeal Denied: Attorney releases statement on NCAA's Clemson ostarine decision ]

NCAA is so mad by your comment they put Missouri on probation...

May 24, 2019, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Appeal Denied: Attorney releases statement on NCAA's Clemson ostarine decision ]

A perfect blend of Arrogance, Obstinacy and Ignorance will always act to subjugate reason and justice. Be it the NCAA or a three letter government agency. Reasonable doubt and wisdom stands no chance against a rule cast in stone when no adverse outcome can be bestowed on the rule maker. No king Solomon's in the NCAA.

So, in 5 tests, they only failed the one administered by the

May 24, 2019, 9:27 AM

Lab the NCAA uses ?

Even after winning Natty's it's STILL: Us Against The World

Very disappointed in the reaults of the appeal.

Let's show the country again that we can get knocked down but still be Champions!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guarantee this happens again elsewhere

and the NCAA approves somebody else's appeal. They don't want to grant Clemson any sort of perceived advantage or bias while we are at the top.

Snowflake Basher........Out

We should have a test in the can on EVERY player on our

May 24, 2019, 9:37 AM

team the week the Playoffs start, to use as combative evidence if this type of thing happens in the future. I would bet good money that other programs would not be willing to follow suit. I believe Dabo runs a clean program, but going forward now, this will always be brought up, to our detriment. Pisses me off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should test for HGH.

May 24, 2019, 11:36 AM

Bama and Georgia wouldn't be able to field a team.

Don't you mean Deer Antler Spray?

May 24, 2019, 2:15 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should have a test in the can on EVERY player on our

May 24, 2019, 2:38 PM [ in reply to We should have a test in the can on EVERY player on our ]

Some of the Notre Dame fans did also say "it looks like the Clemson people were surprised by the positive test too" before the game, and most of them don't attribute their loss to Ian Book, Brian Kelly, and the offensive line, ignoring PEDs almost entirely. Any reasonable person - which by definition excludes the NCAA - would know that Dabo runs a clean program, and I say this as a Mizzou fan. This is a huge blow for Gielli also. Isn't he a senior?

The NCAA has proven again and again to be a scam, but it's been especially bad this spring. Justin Fields and Tate Martell didn't wanna compete, so let's give them a waiver. Brock Hoffman wants to be with his mother who is recovering from cancer, Luke Ford wants to be close to his ailing grandfather, and Xavier Peters wants to be close to his infant son, so let's deny them waivers. Let's sanction Cal Poly for giving money to their student athletes for books, but not sanction Ohio State for sexual abuse of children. Let's let UNC off the hook for fake classes, but put a ban on Mizzou for something that happened 6 years ago. The Barn bought their national title in 2010, but they haven't had to give it up.

#ncaaisajoke

May 24, 2019, 2:48 PM

they attribute their loss to Ian Book * sorry

May 24, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to We should have a test in the can on EVERY player on our ]

Also the US Anti-Doping Agency lifted 5 suspensions recently for trace amounts of ostarine.

May 24, 2019, 9:45 AM

Just another case in point of the incredible lack of relevance of the NCAA !! So hard to believe it is still in existence in its present form. But - I must admit - no harder to believe than the fact that Swofford is still the ACC commissioner ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 24, 2019, 9:51 AM

Oh well, life throws you punches all the time. Endure, learn and come back stronger. Right, wrong or indifferent that is the ruling. Next TE up.

Is Galloway eligible for playoff?

May 24, 2019, 10:00 AM

I’ll check the rulebook for what a “season” means

365 days from date of test

May 24, 2019, 10:15 AM

Galloway should be able to play next December.

Re: 365 days from date of test

May 24, 2019, 12:44 PM

According to what definition?

I'd love to believe you, but 'losing a season of eligibility' would imply the opposite. Remember, we're NOT talking about a 12-month or 365-day suspension handed down by some governing body that is willing to be accountable to the sport it governs. That would allow them to play after 12/27. This, however, is the unaccountable NCAA.

My understanding--could be wrong--was that the players suffered 2 separate and distinct penalties: they were suspended immediately for the duration of the 2018 postseason for failing the drug test, then they were suspended for a full season of eligibility for that failed test being caused by a banned substance.

I understand that that makes no sense and is so convoluted that only a lawyer could come up with it, but that's the NCAA for you.

I believe when I looked up the NCAA drug policies

May 24, 2019, 1:19 PM

that one literally said 365 day suspension.

May 24, 2019, 10:01 AM

Exactly why it made zero sense for Galloway to participate in Spring practice.

its a one year suspension.

May 24, 2019, 10:09 AM

don't be an idiot.

Galloway needs all the reps he can get since he will be out a year. and he is only a true sophomore. He will still have 2 years with us. Don't say stupid stuff.

May 24, 2019, 10:04 AM

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 10:09 AM

I would vote as a Clemson alum, for Clemson University to file a civil suit against the NCAA on behalf of the three student athletes.

This outcome to-date is a crime.

The NCAA is a most flawed organization. The "transfer portal" fiasco will be determined to a crippling decision impacting college sports.

If the USADA formally changes their policy for trace amounts

May 24, 2019, 10:20 AM

there’s a good chance the NCAA will too, since they basically follow the USADA and WADA. Galloway might be able to petition to change 2019 to a redshirt year in that event.

May 24, 2019, 10:10 AM

The approach Clemson used was correct. No whining and factual. There is respect for our athletics program and while this did not result in favorable decision at this time, it will be used for good. Terribly unfortunate for these young men.

Amazing NCAA is relevant because they are so

May 24, 2019, 10:42 AM

out of date and can make up whatever rules they want. Who oversees the overseers? Why can't schools collectively bring change to these idiots. I know they find a lot of things which is a good thing but then they go to the medieval system of outdated laws and childish response of "because I say so". They should have consequences just as students get consequences, deserved or not, from their rulings. Wonder if the are any 3 digit IQ's present on the committee?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 10:49 AM

NCAA moto....only approve if its Alabama or allow second appeal to any SEC school....

May 24, 2019, 2:53 PM

*Ohio State also

May 27, 2019, 12:55 AM

wasn't it penn st who did the kiddy diddles

Hope Those NCAA Clowns Die in Fire***

May 24, 2019, 10:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the NCAA is better suited for drug testing than WADA and

May 24, 2019, 11:07 AM

USADA???

What a friggin sham....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

It's almost like they took performance enhancing substances.

May 24, 2019, 11:08 AM

nm

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

May 24, 2019, 11:10 AM

I keep waiting on school's coaches, AD's, and B O t's of all conferences to say enough is enough of the unfair practices with the NCAA having a different variations of the rules violations for each school depending on the school that commits the same infraction as others before them, but with different results on how they are being punished. Why hasn't no conference stood their ground and threaten to pull out of the NCAA and mean it. I think that if one power 5 conference would threaten to pull out of the NCAA, the others would stand and threaten to do the same bc it is easy to see that the NCAA is head first at ruining college sports, and it would seem that someone would take the high road before they finish it off...The NCAA has become a dictatorship that has gotten completely away from Governing in a fair and impartial way for all under their guidance!!! They no longer govern, they only dictate without a vote of the majority!!! Just saying, where does the buck stop, apparently behind the closed doors of the NCAA secrete society!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 1:00 PM

I hate to be the Devil's Advocate, because in this case i feel like i really am.

But the fact that the NCAA DID NOT overturn the appeal shows that they followed their procedures consistently.

This is the highest profile case of a banned substance in trace amounts ever resulting in a full-year ban. They could not throw out all of their precedent for appeals just because the world was suddenly telling them their rules were unreasonably destroying athletes' lives.

No institution or athlete with significant financial resources has ever challenged this arcane set of rules before.

It's like a school principal banning a popular kindergartener from the field trip to the zoo because the kid's hair is too short or something. How would a child appeal such an obvious but impartial power play?

May 25, 2019, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Appeal Denied: Attorney releases statement on NCAA's Clemson ostarine decision ]

Young adults these days already have a hard time trusting the older adults, and then when they are being totally honest, they are given test that has been proven over and over to be inaccurate, and they are being used to accuse these young men of being liars and severely punishing them for it.

What the NCAA is doing by using a drug screening test ( and that's what they are, a screening test that can pick up traces of a like compound used in all kinds of drugs bc the screening test are so sensitive ) they are a much cheaper test that are use to rule out drug use, and not to actually determine drug use. That is why in 99.99% of the cases when they pick up a compound trace, a more accurate test is given that will tell exactly what has been ingested. More than 50% of the positive screenings have actually been negative with more accurate testing was given.

That is why the cheaper Pee test has been found to be inaccurate as a use to prove guilt or innocence, and the NCAA refuses to take a new sample to be tested by the more accurate test that we have available in case there is a positive test, and they are Wrong... And the NCAA should and must be brought to the forefront and exposed of their misbehavior by refusing to retest these positive test with a more accurate test. They are punishing the innocent right along with the guilty because it is cheaper for them to do so, and they are not at all one bit concerned, and hopefully for these kids sake, somebody will call them out and put these practices in check now, and it should have been done before NOW!!!

I'm not surprised the appeal was denied

May 24, 2019, 11:13 AM

It appears that the attorneys were only able to provide evidence suggesting that the system is flawed, rather than any concrete evidence regarding the source of the ostarine.

Exactly

May 24, 2019, 6:59 PM

May 24, 2019, 11:33 AM

The real question to me is...if no one knows where it came from, what's to prevent this from happening again?

That should be the real outcry. But I don't see any real objection. It seems like...oh well!

But I do not know.

May 24, 2019, 1:46 PM

I think you put your finger on it. If we didn't know where the ostarine came from, we'd be in a panic it could happen again. Are we in a panic?

https://www.postandcourier.com/columnists/clemson-dodges-potential-dexter-lawrence-lawsuit-awaits-results-of-ped/article_39633d96-685a-11e9-90fa-b30239d6c084.html

Breaking news

May 24, 2019, 11:39 AM

One of the people hearing the appeals is Saban's third cousin twice removed. He is from West Virginia, so there may be a more direct line.

It's ok to give the parents 200K

May 24, 2019, 11:57 AM

but no no way, can we have trace supplants in our athletes! Such BS!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NCAA is calling Dabo, Dan and all closely assocaited

May 24, 2019, 1:18 PM

with Clemson Football and Athletics LIARS! Even after all had substantiating polygraph and had negative results in subsequent later tests.

SO THE SELF RIGHTEOUS, BS, ORGANIZATION CALlED THE NCAA WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK OUT AND SUPPORT COLLEGE ATHLETES ARE CALLING THEM LIARS WHEN THEY HAVE NO PROOF OR EVIDENCE TO SUBSTANTIATE!

The NCAA needs to be dismantled and another organization in it's place.

Pretty sure Dabo said he had no idea how it got there

May 24, 2019, 1:26 PM

This does not contradict that.

Perhaps in the future they will raise the allowable threshold of ostarine, but under the current rules our players were guilty. Whether or not they know the source is pretty inconsequential. To win this appeal they really needed to be able to find the contaminated supplement, if indeed one existed, and they clearly were not able to do that.

The 2 primary 'doping' agencies have already changed their

May 24, 2019, 3:34 PM

rules due to trace contamination. The NCAA needs to keep up with the times. Don't excuse them for being slack.

What the NCAA needs is some trace elements of rock salt in their axxes....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 1:55 PM

#ncaaisajoke

May 24, 2019, 2:26 PM

Why am I not surprised by their ruling? I'm not but it's time to move on. GO TIGERS!!

May 24, 2019, 2:37 PM

If I'm Galloway, I transfer to NAIA school immediately. If I'm Giella, I bring NCAA, testing lab and Clemson into civil court to seek justice.

May 24, 2019, 4:14 PM

Well, this is just disappointing. Not surprising but very disappointing.

*sigh*

Looks like NCAA should be wide open to a big lawsuit!

May 24, 2019, 8:23 PM

I don't see how their position on this is defensible!

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic