Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The blind leading the blind.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

The blind leading the blind.

Dec 20, 2020, 8:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The blind leading the blind.

Dec 20, 2020, 8:39 AM

Ummm...is it really that hard to understand? It shouldn't be. You get the shot so you don't get sick. You may still have the virus. There is thought you can still infect others. If theya ren't vaccinated they will get sick. We are not 100% sure if it limits others catching the virus from those who have been vaccinated though. That's why they want people wearing masks. It's pretty straightforward. We don't want people sick in the ICU's. That's odd that it confuses you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only think that confuses me is that...

Dec 20, 2020, 8:42 AM

the people giving you directions don't seem to know what the #### they are talking about and you don't see a problem with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only think that confuses me is that...

Dec 20, 2020, 8:51 AM

How many years have you been a virologist or pharmaceutical manufacturer?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's my point, knucklehead.

Dec 20, 2020, 8:55 AM

None of those people know wtph they are talking about and they say so when they produce advise which says they is justified because they don't know. If they don't know then we're equally ignorant. They say wear a mask but no studies have been done to show that the mask we all wear work.

In fact, the most strictly locked down states have the highest death rates and the locked down long ago yet the death rates continue to increase according to their stat reports.

Re: That's my point, knucklehead.

Dec 20, 2020, 8:59 AM

God, you're ignorant. There is just too much ignorance in the post to even respond further.

I’m never sure if he’s trolling or if he’s really that

Dec 20, 2020, 11:24 AM

freaking dumb. It’s something to behold, how sucking the mushroom of an orange man can deteriorate ones intellect.

Re: I’m never sure if he’s trolling or if he’s really that

Dec 20, 2020, 2:11 PM

He believes Jebus actually spoke to him. He's always been susceptible to stupid ####.

Dec 23, 2020, 5:25 AM [ in reply to Re: The only think that confuses me is that... ]

You don't need a degree to use common sense.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to The only think that confuses me is that... ]

Well from what I have seen they do. Maybe you're looking for the wrong sources. Any "expert" on tv seems to be able to explain it easily. It's pretty straightforward to me. It's really a non issue.

- Get the shots so you don't get sick and crowd the hospitals.

- Wear masks so you don't get others who aren't vaccinated sick.

- If we get people all on the same page the world will open back up and life can get back to normal.

Dec 23, 2020, 5:27 AM

My life has always been normal. I ignored the plandemic/fakedemic

You’re also confused about who won the EC. So....

Dec 20, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to The only think that confuses me is that... ]

starting to seem like a personal problem.

Re: You’re also confused about who won the EC. So....

Dec 20, 2020, 10:33 AM

Kind of like liberal politicians

Dec 20, 2020, 1:45 PM

always wanting to overhaul everything.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kind of like liberal politicians

Dec 24, 2020, 11:29 PM

always wanting to overhaul everything.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."

Have you, personally and totally, paid to widen, straighten, or repave a highway?

Have you paid, personally and totally, to buy a new firetruck or EMS van this year?

We, the people that pay taxes and elect representatives to budget and spend that money, are the government.

You just need to understand that you chip-in, but you don't have the final decision on how that money is spent.

We do it so our roads aren't built of rough-hewn planks thrown on the ground across the swamp that's full of gators.

Govt is not the problem. Perhaps some govt emloyees treated you badly, or you didn't like their decision. But they have job to do, too. Get over it.

Well actually I have designed, paid for, and built roads

Dec 25, 2020, 1:00 PM

and then turned them over to the city. I also have installed designed paid for and installed water mains and sewer mains along with tap fees for the water line that I installed and paid for, all so that I could pay for the water that is transported through those lines. This also increased the property values and property taxes for the city and county and created jobs and opportunities for individuals that paid state and federal income tax.

I have no problem with national and local defense, police and fire protection, infrastructure building that increases commerce or social programs to help those that are less fortunate through no fault of their own.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No _ absolutely not. Science and medicine are based ....

Dec 20, 2020, 9:05 AM [ in reply to The only think that confuses me is that... ]

on the best data and information available at the time. Data and information is constantly evolving with time. Scientific and medical experts (like experts in every field) continuously evaluate both old and new information to formulate educated thought and approaches.

It’s quite evident by your comments, that you have limited understanding of science, medicine and technology as well as how experts lead the advancements in all fields.

Unfortunately there is no vaccine for addiction to conspiracy theories based on misinformation. In most cases, no cure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No _ absolutely not. Science and medicine are based ....

Dec 20, 2020, 10:16 AM

Well, aren't you just full of insults this morning.

There is no science behind the mask which the pubic is wearing, none, nada. Find some or continue your 'the science is,' lie. The only science we have on mask is that there has been no definitive studies of mask, yet for months I have posted the physical dimensions of a an individual covid virus which is much much smaller than any mask rated and including those rated at 1 micron and even those do not significantly filter this virus. Got HEPA? It won't stop the virus and those with valves which people who struggle to breath wear are protecting no one other than the minimum protection they provide for the wearer. The HEPA has an exhaust or exhalation valve too.

However, studies have shown that distance equals dilution of the virus and more distance equals more dilution. All we get on mask are supposition from people who know exactly what I know about mask and little more, just ambiguities. In March 2020 mask didn't work, now they do.

They were correct the first time. It won't be long until they return to those positions and tell you again that mask don't work.

I wear a mask to remind me to stay away from idiots who think the surgical and rag mask stop the virus.

Dec 20, 2020, 10:18 AM

There is science behind the mask. Tons of studies. If you really believe that there is not, you really need to check into a mental facility. Take a break.

Bring them forth and we'll have a look.

Dec 20, 2020, 10:39 AM

Make sure your study covers surgical mask and protection then find me one, just one study which is focused on the rags people are wearing across their faces.

I'll be right here.

HINT: Mask science considered filtration capacity and particle size. That should get you going.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Re: Bring them forth and we'll have a look.

Dec 20, 2020, 10:49 AM

There are hundreds of articles about the studies, but I will just grab you a few that come up. Once again, you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hold to support your idiotic ignorant beliefs. Reminds me of your idiotic election fraud posts. Just admit your ignorant and concentrate on cars.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/10/201029082208.htm

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

I read nothing on those 'studies,' which indicates they...

Dec 20, 2020, 11:01 AM

measured the filtration capacity in scientific measurement or any respect to the size of a the virus we are discussing here. The following video will help understand of why I require more than opinion or photos of people coughing to show actual filtration capacities of mask which are unrated, surgical and rag type mask and also why I insist that even the N100 doesn't stop the virus nor does any mask with a valve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2mLz-Xdpg

Re: I read nothing on those 'studies,' which indicates they...

Dec 20, 2020, 11:06 AM

Yes, they did mention studies. You need it more technical though, the genius that you are. I am going with the Mayo Clinic. You can go with your pea brain. Good luck with that.

The N100 filters 99.9% of all particles...

Dec 20, 2020, 11:12 AM

equal to and larger than 1 micron. How big is the virus? Even with water molecules surrounding it how big is the particle? Why didn't they discuss particle size in relationship to filtration capacity?

They didn't broach the subject of particle size and filtration capacity when dealing with the rag and surgical type mask. That's science, anything less is speculation. I respect that all mask do something to stop the spread but they are all far from safe considering the size of a virus.

Re: The N100 filters 99.9% of all particles...

Dec 20, 2020, 11:20 AM

You've gotten too nutty. You've gone off of the deep end. Your mind is starting to mess with you. I will just go back to you being a harmless ignorant old man, with a very good heart. We will leave it at that.

Real science is nutty to people who are faithful to a...

Dec 23, 2020, 5:55 AM

religious belief. Due your faithful following of a religion called secular humanism you are ignoring the science of rating mask. You're serving a false god, one who ask you to reject a science which governs the filtration of particles and depend on the preachers of your religion to replace actual science with speculation. Why is an N95 mask rated at 95? Why is an N100 mask rated at 100 and what do those numbers mean?

My position is scientific, your opinion is pure religious belief. My God does not require me to house my intellect to believe Him. Your god(s) ask you to reject the science which determines what particle sizes are filtered by any given material or assemblies of materials. Science quantifies. Where is the science which quantifies what size particles a surgical or rag mask filter. Show me that.

Sorry to be so harsh but you must hear the truth without speculation or conjecture.

Re: Real science is nutty to people who are faithful to a...

Dec 23, 2020, 6:12 AM

You're not harsh. You're too dumb to be harsh. Most of what you believe in your life is fiction.

This is way too simple to argue about.

Dec 23, 2020, 6:34 AM

Show me where science has determined what size particle a surgical mask with stop. You won't have to deal with the rag mask but if they satisfy your 'science,' then maybe you can show me what size particles they stop too.

Hint: It's going to be a dimension across the diameter of the a particle consisting of a number and a unit.

Exa: 2 meters, 4 inches, 13 feet, 5 miles...

Typically particle dimensions for mask are in µm or just µ but we commoners just use the term micron which is equal to µm in this and most applications.

Such as:

"The coronavirus measures between .05 and 0.2 microns in diameter, one micron is 1 millionth part of a metre). Hence a N95 mask is needed to protect from 95% chances of infection...

Warning, do not click the link below it will destroy your contention that I reject or deny science.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-size-of-the-coronavirus?share=1

Dec 20, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: No _ absolutely not. Science and medicine are based .... ]

If we could only devise a mask that would stop you from typing.

Why are you so concerned with me?

Dec 20, 2020, 10:42 AM

This goes for the rest of you 'scientist,' too. Put me on ignore or at least show a bit of restraint and self control and quit clicking on my post, children.

Re: Why are you so concerned with me?

Dec 20, 2020, 2:17 PM

Because you flood this board with ignorant bullsh!t. You ignore everything that goes against your preconceived beliefs and then whine that people are challenging you.

Frankly, I don't know where people get the idea that you were ever a reasonable poster here. You've always posted anti-scientific nonsense behind a veneer of "Clemson brotherhood" so no one will actually see you for what you are - a fraud.

Dec 23, 2020, 4:17 PM [ in reply to No _ absolutely not. Science and medicine are based .... ]

Tropical has Google and thinks he is a science, medicine, and technology expert. Was your major Business or Marketing?

Dec 20, 2020, 10:25 AM [ in reply to The only think that confuses me is that... ]

On a scifi kick lately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 10:25 AM [ in reply to The only think that confuses me is that... ]

On a scifi kick lately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol.

On a scifi kick lately.

Dec 20, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: The blind leading the blind. ]

Very well put Carlsbad. It is absolutely correct that we don't know if the vaccine will prevent an asymptomatic infection which could then be spread to those who haven't received the vaccine. How would we know that until some time has elapsed? The vaccine may not confer long lasting immunity. We can't possibly know that until much time has elapsed. I will take the vaccine as soon as I am offered it. I will wear the mask when around others who haven't been vaccinated until such time as we know more. We're all somewhat flying blind. How could we not be? What is your solution 88? If you believe masks are such a joke, you should be intellectually honest and not wear one and take any mask shaming that comes your way. You should let someone else have your vaccine dose until everything is crystal clear.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You take my vaccine dose.

Dec 20, 2020, 10:25 AM

The virus is mutated just as was predicted early this year. I'll ask for a course of HCQ, Z-pak, zinc and continue drinking my milk if I get it.

As said all along, 'I wear a mask to remind me to stay away from other people, those with or without mask.

I am not flying blind, I am a dusty trades professional and have much extensive training by EPA/DHEC and none of my understanding of mask has changed in over 25 years. At one time I had a consultant license from the EPA on asbestos containments, encapsulation, abatement and disposal. I project managed and superintended abatement projects at Dupont, Phillip Morris and other major industries which needed professionals to deal with asbestos.

A virus is much smaller than the tiniest asbestos fiber.

Dec 20, 2020, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: The blind leading the blind. ]

rons,

Yeah, it amazes me that these people think scientists can predict the future.

This is a novel corona virus. The only way we can determine these things is to scientifically observe them - over time. In the meantime we are making recommendations based on our scientific observations of other, similar viruses.

It also amazes me how many people seem to think that any non-perfect answer is no answer at all.

Dec 23, 2020, 5:24 AM [ in reply to Re: The blind leading the blind. ]

Wow, if they told Americans to eat dog crap everyday as a cure most of you would do it. Just amazing

Stole that one from Ezra Watnick-Cohen to be fair.

Amazing things in store!!!

BTW, Covid-19 mutated back to the original flu.

Dec 20, 2020, 10:37 AM

My next-door neighbor lost her mother to Covid on Wednesday.

You can bet your sweet arsse that I'm jamming a vaccination into this old arm as soon as I can!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 10:50 AM

I think it's perfectly safe and 90-95% effective. I suspect the 5-10% is why they recommend we continue wearing mask. Get it? You won't soon know if you're one of the 90 or one of the ten. You won't know if you're one of the 95 or one of the five unless you get the virus.

At this point there are about 25 post about the subject of mask, vaccines and why one who gets the vaccine should continue wearing a mask. Not one progressive or 'moderate,' here has pointed out that it's the few who the vaccine won't help that everyone wearing a mask helps. (1)

They've attacked me viciously accusing me of being an idiot who ignore science all the while fact
checking a joke with unrelated contentions.

1. I do not believe a mask will stop the virus but I am stating what I believe those recommending wearing mask are thinking.

Some real emotions being slung around on this thread. Thanks for not being part of that, Felix.

Dec 20, 2020, 1:34 PM

I've not used any pejoratives with you-88. Would you not agree that a nurse or doctor working in an ICU with multiple COVID patients certainly doesn't have the luxury of distancing, yet most of the medical staff with nothing more than an N95 mask, eye protection,
surgical gown and latex gloves have mostly continued to escape being infected with COVID? It would seem that their masks do offer protection. If not, the numbers of infections and deaths would be much higher in medical personnel. I agree that there is minimal to no evidence that surgical masks nor cloth face masks provide much if any actual protection to the wearer. However, as the virus is attached to fluid particles expressed while breathing, these masks may well offer some protection to others by reducing the viral load expressed. I am unaware of any study proving or disproving these forms of masks in protecting others. If you are correct that standard surgical masks or cloth masks do nothing to protect others what do you think is motivating scientists across the world to recommend them? What nefarious motive could be behind this? What major medical center or infectious disease expert supports your views?
If you believe the vaccine is highly effective and that the side effects are at present felt to be minimal why do you not want it? Where are the studies on the efficacy of Zinc on COVID? Why would you take a Z pack? What efficacy does an antibiotic have against a virus? If you were to get COVID and have a secondary bacterial infection, I could understand the Z pack. The studies on Hydroxychloroquine are far from conclusive. I wish you well and continued good health.

Dec 22, 2020, 4:31 PM

" If you are correct that standard surgical masks or cloth masks do nothing to protect others what do you think is motivating scientists across the world to recommend them?"

I think there is a legitimate reason to wear a mask. As low as the probability is that a mask wearer will be shedding the virus it's possible when he exhales the mask will catch some of the larger particles. That is why surgeons and surgical nurses wear mask. They wear them to protect the patient.

I do not think recommending wearing a mask has a nefarious motivation. I'll remind you that Fauci ones claimed that mask do not work, people don't know the proper way to wear a mask and how reckless it is to touch your mask it with your hands while you're wearing.

We've see our leaders using their pointer and thumb to sqeeze their mask in the area touching their mouth and nose to life the mask back in proper place. If that mask has a contamination they've are moving the contaminates from the outside to the inside and vica versa.

As I've said many, many times here. I wear a mask to remind me to stay away from others. I avoid being within at least 6' of anyone disregarding whether or not they wear a mask.

You've been out and about. Half the mask are nothing but chin diapers covering the mouth and not the nose. The best thing that happened is that the mask with exhaust valves are so rare you hardly see on. Knowing that the mask is specifically worn in surgery to protect patients you can imagine why the surgical team doesn't wear the half face N100 which has the valve and which protects the wearer much better than even the N95.

I think most professionals agree with everything I've said in this post. I am taking medications which will conflict with epipen if I have a negative reaction.

I've posted major studies here on HCQ, yes they are conclusive. Imo, public opinion on HCQ and mask are victims of politics.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/french-study-of-1k-by-famed-virologist-cures-91-7-of-cov-patients/

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/04/06/here-are-five-doctors-whose-patients-have-seen-recovery-with-hydroxy-chloroquine-n2566409

https://www.foxnews.com/health/shortages-of-potential-coronavirus-drugs-are-affecting-lupus-patients-it-puts-me-at-a-greater-risk

Ten studies were done on HCQ and covid. 7 of them came from the same entity and one of the remaining three was retracted.

Thank you for the good wishes. I hope you and your family escape this plague too.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Dec 22, 2020, 9:00 PM

Why are the you still posting idiotic links. You need to the teeth knocked out of the back of your head. You're that dumb. You're an idiot. I can see why you were dumped. You're a fool.

I told you.

Dec 23, 2020, 5:44 AM

Whether 7spots dies or gets well you will move back to the top my my prayer list so stop with the personal attacks before some askhole here reports you to crump and he hits you with the banhammer, dummy.

Carlsbad, nothing you do will stop me from loving you because it's God's love in me that's doing the loving. That is why I put you on the list, you're one of those people who pretend to be hard so you can hate which makes you unlovely to the carnal person. I am not that guy. Nothing you can say or do will stop me from praying for you. Love spirals upward and outward though prayer. The harder you fight the more God loves you and obligates me to oblige Him by putting that love in motion in my heart.

You know this, maaaaunnn.

Dec 20, 2020, 11:29 AM

Huge shocker, the hyper-religious conspiracy nut who is convinced Trump is going to use martial law to usurp the presidency and retain power to overthrow the satanist pedeophile cabal is also an antivaxxer.

Dec 23, 2020, 4:19 PM

Tobias27772

You win the LOL award with this

"If we could only devise a mask that would stop you from typing." :) :)

Re: The blind leading the dumb as chit.

Dec 23, 2020, 4:26 PM

Show me where science has determined what size particle a surgical mask with stop. You won't have to deal with the rag mask but if they satisfy your 'science,' then maybe you can show me what size particles they stop too.

Hint: It's going to be a dimension across the diameter of the a particle consisting of a number and a unit.

Exa: 2 meters, 4 inches, 13 feet, 5 miles...

Typically particle dimensions for mask are in µm or just µ but we commoners just use the term micron which is equal to µm in this and most applications.

Such as:

"The coronavirus measures between .05 and 0.2 microns in diameter, one micron is 1 millionth part of a metre). Hence a N95 mask is needed to protect from 95% chances of infection...

Warning, do not click the link below it will destroy your contention that I reject or deny science.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-size-of-the-coronavirus?share=1

Scroll down a tweet and watch Fauci's comment.

Dec 25, 2020, 9:40 AM

He was correct yet when I say it I'm an outcast who denies science.

https://twitter.com/realsnoopbailey/status/1341852422919077889

Hey the science changed and he is following the science

Dec 25, 2020, 1:13 PM

I'm sure he stayed home on Christmas to slow the spread

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic