Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Good, The Bad, and The Obvious . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 502

The Good, The Bad, and The Obvious . . .

Nov 7, 2014, 12:02 AM

We won, and I'll take it - again.

This was another one of those games that we would have lost a few years ago.

Stoudt is playing hurt, worse than they are letting on, and he had another gutsy performance.

Our defense played extremely well (again) for the most part. Dominant, in fact. I thought our DBs got jobbed, but played their best game as a unit so far.

Gallman can go when he's not getting swarmed at the line of scrimmage.

Can't say enough about Lakip. Much like Catman, he has been huge after a shaky start this year.

Wake is a very bad team, and we should have dominated in every aspect of the game, right from the start. This should have been a blowout.

Our offense is bad - no way around it. Whatever the score was, whatever the final stats say, we could have and should have played much, much better on offense. It was a crappy performance. It's the kind of crap that will get us killed when we aren't playing a terrible team.

I am much more concerned about our OL than our QB or RBs. There is no doubt that our OL, even with all of the injuries, is more talented than Wake's. Yet theirs fought admirably and played with discipline for most of the game, while ours got pushed around by an inferior D-Line and completely whiffed on blocks much of the night. Coaching appears to be an issue here to me.

Cole Stoudt struggled mightily at times, and by no means is he a great QB; but I still maintain playing behind this OL makes him look much worse than he is. Same for our RBs. Dye showed a little flash the one time he got a hole, but he looked just as helpless as any other RB looks getting tackled in the backfield.

This is Chad Morris's offense. He gets paid a lot of money.

We need healthy Deshaun Watson for GT. He still had some kind of splint/bandage on his hand tonight.

This was the worst officiated game I've seen in a long time, and it was totally one-sided. The refs made sure Wake scored on that last drive with about 4 or 5 drive-sustaining, totally bogus calls. The PI calls were horrible and all over the place; how PI is called seems to be totally random. The the targeting call on Smith was one of the worst calls I've seen in my entire life. IR confirmed that it was a clean hit, yet that was ignored. Then there were numerous blatant, in-your-face holds by Wake O-linemen and I don't think it was called once. I'm very serious when I say that this level of incompetence in unacceptable and some kind of action should be taken. Somebody should be fired or some #### ### sure should be raised. When Bozo officials start impacting games with such egregious incompetence, sit shouldn't be glossed over, as they are destroying the integrity of the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The refs will get a public slap on the wrist.

Nov 7, 2014, 12:06 AM

By public, I mean it will be buried in the sports section on a Tuesday in the South Dakota Gazette or some sh** and they will be forceD to ref the 'Cuse next home game and suffer through the intolerable heat conditions with no AC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 502
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic