Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The First U.S. President Took Office in 1789
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 435

The First U.S. President Took Office in 1789

Sep 27, 2020, 8:49 AM

Here we are in 2020 and Joe Biden is trying to become president after serving 47 years in Washington, D.C. That is just over 20% of the time since we have had a president in place or over 19% of the time since we declared independence in 1776.

Do we really need him and his lack of doing anything for the U.S. any longer? Once a swamp creature has been removed, then they shouldn't be allowed back in!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The First U.S. President Took Office in 1789

Sep 27, 2020, 8:56 AM

I'd vote for a 230 year old bag of diks over trump.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes you WOOD.....***

Sep 27, 2020, 9:01 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The First U.S. President Took Office in 1789

Sep 27, 2020, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: The First U.S. President Took Office in 1789 ]

leave your mother out of this

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta understand the mindset with the founding fathers.

Sep 27, 2020, 9:35 AM

They actually had minds back then and used them. Totally understand the reasoning with the requirement that a President must be at least 35yo. Keep in mind, to them that's like us saying today a President today must be 75. Now we all know that would be an insane requirement.

But the average life expectancy in 1776 was 38yo. Now it takes a good 35 years to gain the wisdom that can only come with age. A 45-50yo back then was a wise old man. But today we live far past the age of "elderly wisdom" and honestly for many/most older people wisdom declines after 65-70.

Most Presidents have served the office in their 50s. Then there have been several inaugurated in their 40s and 60s. The oldest President we've ever had is in office right now. The second oldest was Reagan and he left office with akzheimers beginning. But he led well and was surrounded by competent people.

We are desperate for leadership but are reaching for wisdom with age. We did that early too but back then wisdom came before senility. Our early Presidents were truly old for their time. Similar to us looking to a 77yo in a way.

Buy people living longer does not mean they stop being human. Our most effective leadership will always lie with people in their 50s. No older than early 60s. And no younger than 40. Originally that was very old people. But dementia and senility was rare in 1776 because few people lived that long.

And our choices between a 74yo and a 77yo is bad. Furthermore both were raised in the generation that has led to the problems we desperately need to fix. We should look younger for our answers not to the people who lived during the decades our problems developed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lotta truth, but the Swamp decides

Sep 27, 2020, 9:51 AM

Only way to rid us from the Swamp is TERM LIMITS!!

Then we won’t have all these senile old pharts running things!

Amen. And a balanced budget amendment, phased in over 10

Sep 27, 2020, 11:52 AM

years. Those two things, and those two ALONE, will fix us. Now, how do we do that? Over 35/50 of the American people support BOTH those measures. 0/535 running the place support either. There's your disconnect.

What it will take (and TRUMP missed a yuge opportunity here) is an Article V convention of the states. Now a President can not arrange that, nor manage it, but he sure as #### could publicly support it, and those amendments. It's not like Congress will work with him anyway, or any President really. And it's not like Congress will do anything to cut spending, or balance a budget as long as they can legislate low interest rates through deflationary legislation, and then spend debt to buy votes. That's the game, that's the scheme that built "the swamp". And sadly, it's bipartisan in nature. It's a corner we've painted ourselves into because of a flaw in the system. Our founders assumed honorable men would serve in Congress as a public duty, for a time, then return to private life, as honorable men not seeking power, fame, or money would do. They overestimated America, probably because you could back then. Now, notsomuch.

It's a shame we've come this far, and to such a tipping point as we have, faced with the systemic problems we have, and this solution has barely received mention. It was put in the Constitution specifically to address "the swamp", and more specifically our debt problem, and political problems. USE IT OR LOSE IT (the Constitution).

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those stats are a bit misleading, aren't they?...

Sep 28, 2020, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Gotta understand the mindset with the founding fathers. ]

The life expectancy includes infant/child mortality, which was pretty high back then.

If you look at the average life expectancy of a 20 yo white male, it was in the mid-to-late 60's depending on the region.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always think this is a weird thing to say

Sep 28, 2020, 7:03 AM

Vice President Biden spent many years in the Senate and voted on many bills that I'm sure we would all agree were very important. Why do people say he has "done nothing"? Every Senator does a lot of important things, every year, every term.

Re: I always think this is a weird thing to say

Sep 28, 2020, 7:34 AM

List his accomplisments then. Tell us all about what he has done up to and including supporting racists and segregationists.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would just provide a list of all

Sep 28, 2020, 10:12 AM

bills that he voted for and passed in the Senate from 1973 to 2009. That'd be a long list, and I'm not sure how to even get it.

Re: I would just provide a list of all

Sep 28, 2020, 10:15 AM

hay, Joe created the gun show so called loop hole

hahahahaha

https://www.mic.com/p/joe-bidens-record-on-gun-control-from-his-early-senate-days-to-the-2020-race-32647292

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 435
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic