Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Final Answer Why We Lost FIVE TIMES IN A ROW ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

The Final Answer Why We Lost FIVE TIMES IN A ROW ....

Dec 2, 2013, 9:15 PM

to the Chickens ...

Its all logic ...
- In my observations, I have come to the conclusion that OVERALL, the SEC is a STRONGER Football Conference then the ACC ...

- THUS, My hypothesis is that, the AVERAGE SEC Football team is PROBABLY BETTER then the average ACC Football Team

I looked at the Chicken's Football Schedule vs Clemson's ... I think through the course of a year, they play harder teams then us. We play teams (many) that have a tendency to make you "soft"

Therefore, my final conclusion? The Chickens are, at this point in time, a better football team ... IF Clemson faced the caliber of opponent week in week out that an SEC team does, we would have beaten the Chickens ...

Playing in the ACC makes a team "soft" as the year goes on ... now Coach Sweeney has a MONTH to make the team strong again, like when we played Georgia, and then we go out and beat Alabama ! (I hope we do play Alabama)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just simply not true....

Dec 2, 2013, 9:24 PM

They played better competition when we were beating the dawg shat out of them.

They've beaten us because their lines have played better every game...and the last two wins they have over us we basically gift wrapped it and stuck it under Slurrier's Christmas tree.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just simply not true....

Dec 2, 2013, 9:34 PM

Totally agree...football 101...win the trenches on BOTH sides of the ball and you have a 99% chance of winning...oh..also, don't have 6 turnovers!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 9:42 PM

Did you not watch the game? We did win in the trenches and held Mike Davis to 1yd/carry while we abandoned the run when Hot Rod was averaging 9yd/carry. Take away the trick plays, run McDowell 20+ times and its game over. Also eliminates most of those turnovers.

Dec 2, 2013, 10:00 PM

I did watch but i guess for me, i miss the days when our O-line plowed over their opponents. Yes, they made some holes for McDowell but i still can't figure out why we abandon the run just when it starts to get going. I may be grasping at straws but i can't take another year of Coot fans bragging!!!! I CANT'T!!!!

Dec 2, 2013, 10:47 PM

I think the biggest reason Clemson has lost 5 straight times to South Carolina was Bowden's resignation. That thin recruiting year for Clemson stuck with them for four years. It also created the coaching instability/inexperience, combined with the addition of Spurrier and South Carolina selling their affiliation with the SEC and not following NCAA regulations has enabled them to make up ground on the recruiting trail. Their program has also taken the rivalry personally. Clemson people talk about being an elite football program, but obviously still have work to do.

Dec 2, 2013, 11:12 PM

^^^^^^ Someone gets it.

I know the liqour colored glass shield Spurrier's past, but the Coot faithful were ready to run him out of town after five years with no SEC championship and a recent loss to a brand new interim coach in Dabo.

I have to live near this cesspool. This is a fact, anyone that denies it doe not remember the folk nearly flinging themselves off the Rosewood Bridge after that loss to Dabo.

http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/2008/11/30/675861/reviewing-clemson-why-we-l

"All of this is to say that Spurrier shouldn’t be forced out right now but should be on the hot seat going into next year. If we can’t get to eight or nine wins next year, then I say it’s time to look into young blood like Mark Dantonio, a Carolina graduate who has Michigan State playing great football this year. If Garcia comes through, though, I see potential for major improvement next year. I should add that Garcia’s training should start right now; if Smelley starts the bowl game, then I’m officially giving up on Spurrier.

Let's hear it Garnet and Black Attack readers. Is Spurrier still the man for the job? How do you feel about the state of the program?"

Dec 2, 2013, 11:22 PM

I also think some Clemson people need to better understand the hate with which some South Carolina fans approach the Clemson/South Carolina rivalry.

Dec 2, 2013, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Just simply not true.... ]

You're so right, also jjlove98! Bowden's resignation gave us Dabo, the "gamecock whisperer"!

Vandy gives them fits every year, UK gave them a ride, TN

Dec 2, 2013, 9:25 PM

TN beat them. I think I have to disagree, my Coot friend.

Wake almost beat Vandy @ Vandy, UK is atrocious (most comparable to NC State this year), TN is about Syracuse/BC level.

I am no Coot .....

Dec 2, 2013, 9:33 PM

but when we play an SEC team, its a big deal! a big game! huge! Thus, that tells me that the fact we are playing an SEC team means that they are, by default, probably a good team! My point is that playing in the SEC keeps a team "sharp" ... overall, playing the ACC? I don't think so ...

The bottom line? ACC needs overall to step up ... its getting there ... we are not there yet ... its called "strength of schedule". Why don't we can the cupcakes and fill them with "strong team"? Doesn't have to be SEC, can be B12, B10, P12, heck ... get ECU or Central Florida in here! North Dakota State!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Cam you get Bama to stop scheduling the W. Carolinas,

Dec 2, 2013, 9:41 PM

Northern Arkansas and Chattanoogas or any of the other SEC teams to stop scheduling their patsies?

Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 PM

The SEC doesn't have to schedule hard OOC teams because their overall conference schedules are much harder than that of the ACC.

The west, of course, was a lot better, so the teams that played the big west powers had a harder schedule. South Carolina had a relatively easy SEC schedule this year, and lost one they shouldn't have against Tennessee. They had the season gift wrapped but couldn't capitalize.

Clemson played three hard games (Georgia, Florida State, and South Carolina) and won only one. South Carolina had, arguably, three hard games and won 2 (Georgia, Missouri, Clemson). While the rest of the schedule for each teams is much easier than those three teams listed that each team plays, the rest of South Carolina's schedule was more difficult than the rest of Clemson's schedule.

Dec 2, 2013, 11:36 PM

Yeah, like that really tough Florida Gators SEC powerhouse they barely beat at home. I guess we should put Georgia Southern in the SEC since they beat Florida by more than SC and they were playing @Florida.

Re: The Final Answer Why We Lost FIVE TIMES IN A ROW ....

Dec 2, 2013, 9:35 PM

"- In my observations, I have come to the conclusion that OVERALL, the SEC is a STRONGER Football Conference then the ACC ..."

I really hope that didn't take long.

Dec 2, 2013, 9:44 PM

Clemson had the better team players just got out played and out coached. Our staff is idiots. Rod McDowell was gashing them boys mike Davis wouldn't even a factor we just couldn't stop Conner shaw and turning the ball over

I just don't think you people know what you're asking for...

Dec 2, 2013, 9:45 PM

...when you're begging for Bama.

Clemson just doesn't need this after the chicken loss.

Taking a beatdown, and I mean a beatdown, from an angry Bama squad is like drinking a glass of boiling hot Listerine.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Bring on BAMA !

Dec 2, 2013, 9:53 PM

Granted, BAMA might be motivated ... But Tahj and others need to play "out of their heads" to prove to the NFL Scouts that they are as good as advertised ... really, its a money/contract thing

I...yigh...yigh..yigh...yigh***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:55 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

And Bama will come in soft since ......

Dec 2, 2013, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Bring on BAMA ! ]

since they will be playing an ACC team....

If it smells like.............

Dec 2, 2013, 9:46 PM

a coot ,acts like a coot, dude your a coot.

Hmmmm, I seem to remember playing LSU and UGA the same yr

Dec 2, 2013, 10:14 PM

that the coots played them. LSU last year and UGA this year. We beat both and the coots lost to both. Your chick little logic is quite flawed, brother. Plus, have you seen the division they play in. Tell me we wouldn't contend for that division if we were in the East and they were in the ACC Atlantic.

Yes!, But its a timing thing ...

Dec 2, 2013, 10:58 PM

We played LSU AFTER coach Sweeney had a MONTH to prepare the team, get the "softness" out of them ... "make them Marines" again ...

We played UGA FIRST GAME! .. again, the team was a lean, mean, fighting machine first game ... then as the season progressed the effects of eating chips and dip and drinking several beers after work took effect ... that is, the effects of playing an ACC Schedule

Bull hockey.....

Dec 2, 2013, 11:06 PM

chips and dip? What are you drinking tonight?

Re: Hmmmm, I seem to remember playing LSU and UGA the same yr

Dec 2, 2013, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Hmmmm, I seem to remember playing LSU and UGA the same yr ]

I'll tell you that! As a matter of fact, the Tigers would be a walking infirmary if they played an SEC schedule....either division. As long as Clemson believes that the overall level of play is the same in the SEC/ACC, the end of year rivalry game and following disappointment will remain the status quo. This team is way too soft!!

Dec 2, 2013, 11:40 PM

Absolutely, unquestionably, correct!

Rediculous logic.***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: Rediculous logic.***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:55 PM

Like it or not the fact that the teams in the SEC play in huge stadiums week end and week out makes a huge difference. Playing a bad Tennessee team in their stadium of 102 thousand screaming people kind of levels the field against the youngest team in the Country and helps them to grow up more so than playing at Wake forest or Virgina or even NC State on the road.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic