»
Topic: The Falcons have to be the dumbest NFL franchise in history
Replies: 10   Last Post: Apr 23, 2019 2:47 PM by: vandalay
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

The Falcons have to be the dumbest NFL franchise in history

[5]
Posted: Apr 23, 2019 9:39 AM

Obviously they have not heard that Grady Jarrett is too short to play in the NFL at a high level...

Re: The Falcons have to be the dumbest NFL franchise in history

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 9:44 AM

I don't know, sure the JKC years were good, but the Redskins are so bad now that they paid Spurrier to lose! They bought McNabb and for a song, and then lost by 50 or something to the eaglets. I think they are using the cleveland browns model now.

Tip of the cap to JoeTigerNY . . .

[2]
Posted: Apr 23, 2019 9:54 AM

IMG_1025.PNG(109.3 K)

For posting a similar view yesterday . . .

I've said it before . . . But it bears repeating . . . When Dabo was asked why he offered Grady after a summer camp he said, "I had to offer him, we had no one that could block him!!!" (Excuse the paraphrase, but the essence is correct.)

That truth holds true to this day . . .

2019 white level member

Re: The Browns have to be the dumbest NFL franchise

[1]
Posted: Apr 23, 2019 10:59 AM

Passing on Deshaun twice. They win by a mile even w Mayfield

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

i thought the jets had that mantle***

[1]
Posted: Apr 23, 2019 12:50 PM

And he was only a 2-star coming out of.........

[2]
Posted: Apr 23, 2019 12:39 PM

high school. But as a Falcons fan, can't wait to see him and CW playing together on the D-line with VB playing next to them as a DE.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 12:54 PM

They also had Brett Favre, but couldn’t see his potential.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 1:26 PM

Starting to feel that way about Vic, they may move on from him and Vic may go to a good place and blow up. I think Vic comes on again this year.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 1:40 PM

He reminds me so much of former Viking Hall of Famer John Randle it's not funny, and I said so, often and loudly before the draft. Then the draft happened and O-linemen from FSU, South Carolina, and FSU who couldn't block Jarrett when he was at Clemson were flying off the board in the second and third round...and there Jarrett was still available on the third day. I guess the NFL scouts felt that these guys would suddenly be able to block Jarrett once they were wearing different-colored jerseys.

True story on John Randle - Tampa Bay actually had him in for a tryout as an undrafted free agent and decided he was too small to play for them, which was one of many things they did for the first 20+ years of their existence to be the poster boys for how NOT to run a football team. (They were as bad then as Cleveland has been lately.) Fortunately the Vikings actually noticed Randle was unblockable and kept him.

If there is justice Jarrett's career will follow a similar trajectory.

COMPARE:

Falcons are definitely dum

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 1:41 PM

for continuing to give that tiny DT a chance. I mean he only sacked Brady three times in the SB.

But we do seriously need to look at the Cardinals. They're about to draft a QB in the first round. For a second straight year. They also keep that octogenarian WR around; Larry Fitz-something? Not like he's any good.

2019 white level member

I think the blown 28-3 Super Bowl lead is worse***

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 2:47 PM

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: 2 tickets, Section TDH Row H (low row) - $95 each. Can exchange in Columbia or Priority Mail with t...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2039 people have read this post