Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Every scholarship football player in D1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Every scholarship football player in D1

Jun 7, 2018, 10:00 AM

Have a very good friend who played and coached at FSU tell me yesterday that he believes every scholarship football player in D1 receives something they aren’t legally allowed to receive. Some obviously receive a LOT MORE than others. Like it or not, every major college football program has an element of pay for play. Yes even ours.

For the Dawg fan on Tnet yesterday claiming his team isn’t paying players, he’s a blind fool. The Bellichek coaching tree (Saban) is especially filled with rotten branches. Tennessee is next.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every scholarship football player in D1

Jun 7, 2018, 10:02 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jun 7, 2018, 10:05 AM

This is 100% true. The head coach is usually insulated from it, but are aware it goes on. The donors are the main issue but this goes on at EVERY school, even us. Its more about who has more money than whos cheating and whos not.

I have a very good friend who is gay and is in the

Jun 7, 2018, 10:12 AM

Gay community. He believe's every man is secretly gay...yes even you and me

So the dawg fan yesterday is gay as well.

Gotta be true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I have a very good friend who is gay and is in the

Jun 7, 2018, 3:13 PM

That is because your friend has a warped brain.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who thinks their school doesn't cheat

Jun 7, 2018, 10:20 AM

is being naive. I would like to believe that Dabo does not cheat and that his staff does not cheat. But would it surprise me to learn that our players are getting some sort of benefits somewhere else? Nope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Believe it..

Jun 7, 2018, 11:25 AM

No reason not to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 7, 2018, 10:23 AM

Call me naive but I don't believe it. Too many people to bring it to the light. Jealousy is a very real thing in young people these days. I don't see a way to keep 85 kids happy unless it was equal pay. Then I still don't see it working. Too many ex players that could use the money from breaking a story like this.

Jun 7, 2018, 10:38 AM

OK. you are naive.

1. Theres been plenty of players that have mentioned they got paid in college in passing. Theres no evidence though, and usually a player doesnt wanna screw their college over.

2. Teammates are gonna rat their teammates out. A lot of the time a recruit receives something, they dont tell many people where it came from or what they got. If they do there is no trail.

3. The FBI had to get involved in BBall paying players. They noted we paid players, USC paid players, like 20 teams were named. All from one incident. No past players, coaches, etc ratted. It took the freakin FBI to figure it out to expose it. This is the same in football.

But if you prefer fantasy land where we are golden and everyone else cheats. So be it. I know it happens and I personally dont mind it. If everyones doin it, might as well do it better!

Jun 7, 2018, 10:39 AM

aren't going to rat their teammates out. oops

The FBI found we played basketball players??

Jun 7, 2018, 12:25 PM

Exaggerate much?

This is the problem with info from message b9ards

Jun 7, 2018, 12:30 PM

This dude vaguely remembers a former clemson basketball player being mentioned in the investigation.

Now, in his brain, Clemson has and is payin players.. so he is running around telling people that when it is completely false.

Brownell doesn't pay players but that doesn't

Jun 7, 2018, 1:52 PM

mean that Clemson players are not getting paid. it's easier to deal with by calling them impermissible benefits because payment takes many forms. I would say that every D1 scholarship player does receive some form of impermissible benefit in their time of recruitment through the exhaustion of eligibility. it could and has been cash payments to some but not all D! scholly players...
as someone who has donated to Clemson, I don't think that I can buy Greg Huegel a large drink at McDonalds, but if I did, he's in trouble for receiving an impermissible benefit...
not every D! scholly player gets paid in cash, but some do, including Clemson University athletes in every major sport... i've seen the cash personally, at Clemson...

You can say what you want, but none of

Jun 7, 2018, 3:38 PM

That is fact, except the milkshake.

If you see it, report it. They is in every dang orange experience sent out

well aren't you just the omniscient presence

Jun 7, 2018, 4:34 PM

to tell me what I have personally experienced... LOL

you can believe or not believe what you will, but your belief will never be the determinant of a fact of my experience... we can believe facts, but facts don't exist only because we believe...

besides, 1) I would not report on a friend who benefited from his talent and 2) that would be kinda hypocritical for me to report the activity when I personally enjoyed the fruit of the benefit... LOL

Jun 7, 2018, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Every scholarship football player in D1 ]

Agreed and equally naive, I suppose. IF there is cheating or pay-for-play going on, it's one thing if the staff/program/university is aware and complicit.

It's another thing if it's boosters who are giving "discounts" or working out deals on behalf of those athletes. Those boosters could be supporters of the university, or local supporters of that particular athlete from his high school or just his town. Everybody likes positive publicity and they know they can get that from a big name player from a small town or school, so why not set mama up with a sweet discount on a new car or comp a guy this or that. Then there's the old "I know a guy who can...." deal.

Dabo has worked too hard and achieved too much to risk losing any of that success and reputation by doing something stupid. Individual fans/boosters, however, don't usually share the same concerns. They're just happy to feel like they're part of the kid's career or life.

Jun 7, 2018, 11:42 AM

This is definitely a situation that is more than just "i have a sweet discount." But overall, I dont think most of it really influences a recruits decision as much as people think. I know Clemson, Carolina and several other schools threw money at Clowney, but he eventually settled where he wanted to go the most. Same thing with XT, Clemson and USC were throwin the book at him. Favors, presents, cash, etc, but he eventually settled in where he felt more comfortable.

I wish I so talented at something that people just threw cash at me. Would be the life.

Clemson threw money at Clowney and XT?

Jun 7, 2018, 12:27 PM

Methinks you're full of #####

At least he Is going to keep rolling with his nonsense***

Jun 7, 2018, 12:32 PM

I wish I had more than 1 TD to give this garbage.***

Jun 9, 2018, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Every scholarship football player in D1 ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Don’t they all receive a yearly stipend now

Jun 7, 2018, 10:57 AM

In addition to their scholarship? I was thinking it was around 7K at Clemson.

Jun 7, 2018, 11:25 AM

I agree every program in the country has a booster that will push the lines, and a player who is willing to accept those pushed lines. Some schools have coaches that are also willing participates and some that know exactly what is going on but turn a blind eye to it. I do not think we are one of those schools. I think we run as clean as a program as you can get, but as said above - there is a fan somewhere out there willing to pay in some form, and a player out there willing to accept in some form.

Some even have lawyers, I wonder who paid him? And is he a Usuc law grad?***

Jun 7, 2018, 3:02 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to consider that the rules are so complex

Jun 7, 2018, 12:15 PM

that common things are often against the rules.

Remember when we had to get a waiver so that coaches' wives could drive Ray Ray McElrathbey's little brother to school?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2018, 1:21 PM

So first you want us to believe you know a coach at FSU who actually knows the inner workings of that program, okay. Then second you tell us that coach says he BELIEVES EVERY scholarship player receives some sort of pay to play deal, okay. Then you portray this supposed FSU coaches beliefs as your facts, okay. Heck I guess all I can say is I know a guy who says he believes you're an everyday message board moron who portrays themself as someone more important than they really are and who know people that common sense says that you probably don't. Also if there was a coach that has knowledge and is complicit in paying players then why in the heck is he going to tell someone that is going to run to the first message board he comes across to post it? So your saying this "friend" who is a "coach" at FSU is so dumb that he is willing to tell his "friends" they pay players along with EVERY other school to EVERY football scholarship player which is 85 per team including guys who will never take a snap in their career? Makes sense you have me sold also want to tell you I have a 2 wheel manually operated Ferrari with pedals and handlebars I would like to sell you. It looks like a bicycle but it has the Ferrari emblems which automatically makes it a real one and I will sell it you for 10 grand.

Jun 7, 2018, 6:27 PM

Yep that’s what I’m saying. And I’ve been around here since 2002 and got a Clemson ring before that. Check my credibility. But I really could care less if you believe it or not. I know what I’ve been told and whether you believe it doesn’t matter to me one ounce.

And for the record, I never said our coaches cheat with pay for play. I did say every scholarship D1 player gets benefits he shouldn’t. I want to believe that when it happens at Clemson it is out of the hands and knowledge of our staff. I was one of them in high school when I was being recruited by a much smaller school.

This is REALLY important - seriously ......

Jun 9, 2018, 6:07 PM

How MUCH less could you care ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jun 7, 2018, 2:34 PM

Conspiracy people have been around for years put your facts forward or be quiet

Been lucky to talk to many former players at other schools

Jun 7, 2018, 2:58 PM

through a mutual friend who also played D1 football. This is 100% true. Everybody is “cheating”. The ones who get caught are the ones who aren’t covering it up well enough.

Re: Been lucky to talk to many former players at other schools

Jun 7, 2018, 3:23 PM

Do you honestly believe that Clemson, after going 6-7 and losing in the Belk Bowl, got 3 five star recruits the next year by not paying or giving favors? I am not saying Dabo is doing it, but your Boosters do have a history.

Well You Coots Must Have Idiot Boosters if They Paid Any

Jun 7, 2018, 8:05 PM

Money at all for Jake "Fivehead" Bentley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At Clemson I would be beyond shocked to

Jun 7, 2018, 3:37 PM

Find our players receive benefits they're not entitled to at Clemson and I won't get into why I feel so strong about this but , while they're is always some self-reporting necessary here it is usually a negligible amount.
But your friend at FSU is telling you the truth I'm sure. In fact the closest we have come to creating a major infraction was during the Tommy Bowden era via Rich Rodriquez.
And that's hard for me to say because I really liked Coach Bowden.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You REALLY believe that your friend actually knows

Jun 7, 2018, 3:42 PM

EVERYTHING that goes on at ALL the major colleges football programs and you actually BELIEVE him??? Know the meaning of gullible???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2018, 5:41 PM

If we can get a rumor started that the Russians are behind all of the extra benefits being paid to EVERY DI PLAYER, we would have the entire FBI staff on the case. Painting every DI player with the same brush just doesn't add up. No one can deny that cheating exists but the extent of such activities is pure conjecture. I have talked with several former Tiger football players and they all said they were never offered any extra benefits by the coaches or fans.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic