Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading all the draft grades of Beasley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,255

Reading all the draft grades of Beasley

May 1, 2015, 10:37 AM

most are giving the Falcons a B or higher.

Not sure what all the fuss is about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Most fans want to believe that everyone hates us for some

May 1, 2015, 10:50 AM

reason. They like that chip on their shoulders I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ESPiN self proclaimed gurus have their agendas and often

May 1, 2015, 11:18 AM

limited talking points. They repeat their ###### over and over. It is not so much anti-Clemson but more so self serving advertising to increase their Network's profitability. I also thing that is some cases it is laziness - not doing good research.

For example, if ESPN can influence preseason college ranking to favor SEC teams, then the SEC games that ESPN televises will have larger audiences, bigger advertising market and higher profitability for ESPN.

ESPN is a self promoting business feigning objectivity in sports journalism. ESPN also sensationalizes certain events and creates "controversial sports media celebrities" to enhance ratings. Many fans are catching on. Other sports networks like the NFL, MLB or even NBA networks are in the same business - there is really nothing wrong with it.

Most folks forget what the E stands for in ESPN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN and most of their analysts....

May 1, 2015, 11:30 AM

are a bunch of unobjective overly-opinionated blowhards.

They're simply pimping ESPN's self-serving agenda which is exactly what ESPN pays them to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Agree with that mostly but what gets me is that people act

May 1, 2015, 11:34 AM [ in reply to The ESPiN self proclaimed gurus have their agendas and often ]

like ESPN speaks with one voice, when actually there are hundreds of people who work there, all with different opinions and different biases.

It's a little too convenient to accuse ESPN of having a pro-SEC bias in college football when the SEC has actually been the best conference "most" years, imo.

Kirk Herbstreit, Chris Fowler, and Mark May are three examples. IMO, no way these three buy into the SEC being the best unless they actually believe it based on results on the field. Kirk went to Ohio State, Fowler went to Colorado, and May went to Pitt.

Now, some people who work there actually over-hype the SEC's greatness but in doing this, know they will get higher ratings because so many people will tune in to pull against the SEC when they are playing someone from another conference. It's kind of like buidling up the NY Yankees because there are so many haters out there.

I don't really agree with this when you say:

"For example, if ESPN can influence preseason college ranking to favor SEC teams, then the SEC games that ESPN televises will have larger audiences, bigger advertising market and higher profitability for ESPN."

You could say the same for the ACC as the ACC also has a huge ESPN contract. Also, dont' forget that the biggest SEC games are on CBS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I don't think any of those guys have a bias against

May 1, 2015, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Most fans want to believe that everyone hates us for some ]

Clemson, I do think they were being unduly harsh on Beasley. They were leveling criticism on him after the pick that they didn't with anyone else in the top 10, going as far as to show a "lowlight" clip...

With those guys it seems like any team that drafts differently than what they project they'll bash the player.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,255
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic