Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Country Club
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

The Country Club

Sep 11, 2016, 4:59 PM

Yesterday as Clemson fans sweated in the stands, the players chilled on their million dollar air-conditioned & vaporized benches and chilled even more on the field against a Troy State team - then disappeared into their multi-million dollar locker room to chill some more. And after the regional and national scorn that our players will face this this week, they will begin to speak of being disrespected. This immensely talented and undisciplined team has coasted through the summer and now the first two games with a country club mentality that has been worthy of disrespect.

Clemson stayed undefeated yesterday by beating a mediocre Troy State team in rebuild mode - no Tiger fans are swelling with pride today only with indignation this undefeated and under-performing team is being disrespected from outside and from within the ranks. There should be no pretense of winning close against a strong program as existed after the Auburn win. In 2015, Troy State lost to NCSU 49-21, to WISC 28-3, to Ga Southern 45-21, to MS ST 45-17 and to South Alabama, Idaho, App St & Ga St along the way.

So what have Dabo, Elliott and Scott been doing this summer between interview and media appearances? There is a strong argument to be made they have been recruiting, enjoying their raises & mega-salaries and running a country club.

Yet most of the season is left and lots of opportunities are ahead to get the players' heads in the game. It is clear this year's team lacks the talent to beat Louisville and FSU by just walking on to the field. Auburn and Troy State were far from intimidated. This year's team may still earn the right to be called special - right now their play makes a loud statement they've enjoyed their pre-season press clippings. The ACC championship, the Heisman, the All-American recognition and the CFB playoffs all look like long shots right now. Lets hope this team decides to put in the sweat equity moving forward, and the coaches decide to close down the country club. Let's get real Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This all might be true but I'm just curious about how you

Sep 11, 2016, 5:13 PM

Know our players haven't put in a great spring and summer of workouts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st 2 games are the proof. Output related to input***

Sep 11, 2016, 5:23 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the "country club" setting that most elite programs

Sep 11, 2016, 5:27 PM

have is only conducive for them and not Clemson? We should go back to pre-Tommy Bowden days?

And furthermore, do 2 wins make a season?

Re: 1st 2 games are the proof. Output related to input***

Sep 11, 2016, 5:30 PM [ in reply to 1st 2 games are the proof. Output related to input*** ]

So you telling me all the work the boys put in this summer all went into the first 2 games? No room for improvement?

I'm not buying it.

1st I enjoy your hoops' posts & support ... in reply,

Sep 11, 2016, 5:34 PM [ in reply to This all might be true but I'm just curious about how you ]

I have watched two terrible 2015 teams push our hard working superlative 2015 all over the field. That is all I need to see - like Lou said, output equals input is what the winners typically state. Frankly, I believe this team deserves and needs some criticism ... and needs to reassess their commitment to what it take to be great. Hate to see this talented team waste the season due ego or poor work habits - they have a chance to be great. Most teams cannot say that.

Agreed. The O-Line yesterday looked incredibly disinterested in playing with passion***

Sep 11, 2016, 5:34 PM

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic