Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Former Clemson QB released by Browns
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

FB Update: Former Clemson QB released by Browns

Oct 11, 2016, 1:48 PM

Former Clemson QB released by Browns

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like Charlie is headed toward retirement.

Oct 11, 2016, 1:59 PM

I remember when he came to Clemson. He was one of my favorite QB's of all time ! Well done Charlie ! Go out there and enjoy the next phase of your life ! Go Tigers !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. NFL is cut throat man. Get hurt, yer cut.***

Oct 11, 2016, 2:00 PM

kinda like Tennessee***

Oct 11, 2016, 2:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Wow. NFL is cut throat man. Get hurt, yer cut.***

Oct 11, 2016, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Wow. NFL is cut throat man. Get hurt, yer cut.*** ]

I thought the same thing. He goes out there and gets hurt playing for that team just to get cut? Ouch....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2016, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Wow. NFL is cut throat man. Get hurt, yer cut.*** ]

Yep... This is one of the reasons I stopped watching the NFL. Players are cut/traded so often that it isn't worth keeping up with it anymore. Kind of hard for me (as a fan) to develop any loyalty for a team when half their roster changes from year to year. The NFL business model has gotten so cut throat that it lost its soul years ago and destroyed my desire to remain an NFL fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2016, 2:54 AM

Same here, FK the NFL, give me college sports any day over pro sports. The only time I'll watch past a few second of pro, is if I'm watching a highlight of one of our X players. Other than that they can have it. A game being played for pride and bragging rights, is much more entertaining than one played for hundreds of thousands or millions!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2016, 9:19 AM

Pretty much all there is to be a fan of in the NFL is the Team Logo/mascot.
First of all, its not like college where you have some type of affiliation with the team. Second, just like said before, NFL rosters change more rapidly than college football rosters. College you may see massive turnover every 2-4 yrs depending on the team. NFL its like every year the players change teams or get cut unless you are a Star QB/RB/WR

There's very little value in an injured backup QB.***

Oct 11, 2016, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Wow. NFL is cut throat man. Get hurt, yer cut.*** ]

Charlie will be just fine.....

Oct 11, 2016, 2:23 PM

http://people.com/celebrity/jewel-opens-up-about-football-player-boyfriend-charlie-whitehurst/

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

plus $$$ check out this stat

Oct 11, 2016, 2:27 PM

He's gonna be alright

Charlie's total career earnings are 17,373,000
Career pass attempts 372
amount per attempt $46701

source allan Bell Twitter

Re: plus $$$ check out this stat

Oct 12, 2016, 9:21 AM

I bet Manziel's $$$ per attempt is much higher. But that is pretty good for a backup QB. Made a lot of money and isn't taking as many hits as a starter.

He also cashed in on the injury itself. Charlie be eatin'

Oct 13, 2016, 3:53 PM [ in reply to plus $$$ check out this stat ]

Kanell is still fuming lol

Re: FB Update: Former Clemson QB released by Browns

Oct 11, 2016, 2:25 PM

At the BC game, one of the four "quadrants" from the sideline placards sending signals in was a headshot of none other than our friend Clipboard Jesus! Good luck Charlie!!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2016, 2:28 PM

Charlie is laughing in the league's face having racked up the millions holding a clipboard and dating hotties. I'd give at least the right, and maybe even the left also to be him. He's genius. The hottie he's dating now, has enough money for both of them 10x over, not including Charlie's bank.

that dude has milked his career for all it's worth!

Oct 11, 2016, 2:29 PM

Proud of him!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2016, 2:31 PM

Could make a great QB Tutor......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Coot Killer! Charlie will be just fine!***

Oct 11, 2016, 2:35 PM

The Coot Killer! Charlie will be just fine!***

Oct 11, 2016, 2:35 PM

Re: The Coot Killer! Charlie will be just fine!***

Oct 11, 2016, 2:53 PM

I am pretty sure her family owns half of the habitable land in southern Alaska too. There was a reality show about them.

Oct 12, 2016, 8:39 AM

Maybe now, but Jewel came from humble beginnings. Pretty amazing story

http://www.wsj.com/articles/jewel-from-rock-bottom-to-rock-star-1474383447

Oct 12, 2016, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: The Coot Killer! Charlie will be just fine!*** ]

She is joining the show in this weeks premier. I knew it was only a matter of time before she got a cut too. She was married to a big Pro Rodeo cowboy, Ty Murray.

I still can't believe people wanted to sit him in favor of

Oct 11, 2016, 3:41 PM

Will Proctor...People like Mickey

Re: I still can't believe people wanted to sit him in favor of

Oct 12, 2016, 7:53 AM

Now that we know will proctor wasn't very good, that sounds dumb. Charlie didn't have a very good junior or senior year though. His junior year he threw only 7 tds and 17 ints. His senior year wasn't much better, 11 tds and 10 ints. So back then, that wasn't such a dumb comment.

of course it was...Our 2004 offense was absolutely horrible,

Oct 12, 2016, 2:19 PM

he got hurt behind a terrible line and he had nobody to hand-off to or throw to and he played the entire 05 season hurt as well...Will Proctor was just horrible, I can't believe you're trying to defend such a bad QB over a guy who had a 10+ year career in the NFL...If CW got to play with the 06 line and hand the ball off to JD and CJ we would have won at least 10 games that season, not get embarrassed in the Music City bowl by Kentucky...you ever see Charlie run out of bounds on a 2 point conversion?

Re: of course it was...Our 2004 offense was absolutely horrible,

Oct 13, 2016, 3:50 PM

Where in my post was I defending will proctor? All I was saying was his comments weren't that far off base before we knew how bad will proctor was. Remember proctor came in the fourth quarter of the a&m game in 2005 and led us to a win. Nobody could have known how horrible he was until he was a full time starter.

He didn't lead us to a win, he handed the ball off 9

Oct 13, 2016, 4:36 PM

straight times after he threw a ball directly into a TAMU LB's belly...luckily, he dropped it and they quit calling pass plays

the comment was just as stupid then as it is now...Only

Oct 13, 2016, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: of course it was...Our 2004 offense was absolutely horrible, ]

now I have a 10 year NFL career to point at like a scoreboard....I believe the actual comment was "While CW MIGHT be the better pro prospect, WP fits our offense(Rob Spence's) better"...That sounds stupid any time

Oct 12, 2016, 3:00 AM

I'm sure he will get a decent check on his way out.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic