Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Committee are SEC homers ... proof you ask ??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,273

The Committee are SEC homers ... proof you ask ??

Nov 20, 2019, 8:01 AM

Highest ranked:

0- loss team = SEC
1- loss team = SEC
2- loss team = SEC
3- loss team = SEC
4- loss team = Texas (which lost to the only undefeated SEC team).

No matter how pure something begins, it is always corruptible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Committee are SEC homers ... proof you ask ??

Nov 20, 2019, 8:23 AM

And they keep Pitt, Virginia, and VA tech out of the rankings so it want help our schedule! I think they see our team and if they are really watching the games, know we are the best most complete team the last half of the season. this lack of competition crap might be right but its how we are beating these teams. Vegas knows!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 8:23 AM

I’m just irritated that the fake #1 team has given up 1000+ yds and 100+ pts MORE than the #2 or #3 team. LSU’s AVERAGE pts allowed is 23.8......not good. LSU’s average pts allowed is higher than Clemson’s worst defensive performance. LSU might win the SEC with that garbage, but they won’t be winning a National Championship with that defense.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:38 AM

^ This. To put LSU's defense into perspective, they are about the same as a .500 ACC (coastal) defense. Normally ranking around Pitt, Duke, Miami or VT for similar stats.

LSU is this year's B12 team without a loss. Oklahoma is ranked 36th in total defense. LSU is 47th (tied with Duke and trailing Tennessee). Oklahoma playing in the 'defense optional conference' is better than the "LSU defense" in the "offense optional conference.

Finally, and interestingly enough. Clemson is #1 in passing defense efficiency. LSU is 36th. What will be interesting is that LSU has not played a "great" (aka top 10) passing defense (Alabama being 18th) until A&M (ranked 6th). LSU's run defense is mediocre (more issued with mobile QBs than SEC rushing) but still.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:33 AM

For starters, Texas isn't even ranked and the highest ranked 4 loss team is Iowa State followed by USC.

Next, simply saying something exists doesn't prove anything.

What unbeaten team has a better resume than LSU currently?

What 1 loss team has a better resume than Georgia currently? Yes Georgia has the loss to South Carolina, but they have 3 wins over teams ranked in the top 16.

What 2 loss team has a better resume than Florida? They have a win over Auburn who beat #6 Oregon, and their losses are a 14 point loss on the road to #1 LSU, and a 7 point loss to #4 Georgia.

What 3 loss team has a better resume than Auburn? They beat #6 Oregon, have a 3 point loss on the road to #1 LSU, an 11 point loss on the road to Florida, and a 7 point loss to #4 Georgia. They also beat Texas A&M on the road which is a solid win as well.

So what argument can be made for these teams moving behind other teams with the same record other than "it's not fair!"?

Nov 20, 2019, 9:00 AM

Eventually losses have to matter!! and the so called eye test needs to be used. That's why they got away from the computer systems to put the human element and common sense into it. The problem I have is how high they rank these teams from the SEC in the beginning of the year and unless they just completely lay an egg and have a winning record they are still ranked at the end of the year.

Wait... i thought they were all stumping for Oregon

Nov 20, 2019, 8:35 AM

because the chairman is the Oregon AD.

I can't even keep up with all of the conspiracies.

Re: Wait... i thought they were all stumping for Oregon

Nov 20, 2019, 8:44 AM

What I'd like to know is do people look at the backgrounds of the committee members? A few of them have SEC backgrounds, but you also have current AD's of teams from other conferences, and former coaches from other conferences as well. I have my own issues with some of their decisions this year such as having Penn State ahead of Minnesota currently, but to think everyone from all over the country is doing everything they can to help out the SEC is laughable.

Yeah the most likely "conspiracy" is that everyone

Nov 20, 2019, 8:46 AM

is trying to discreetly push their own little agenda. And the most likely outcome of that is that they will all balance each other out.

The goal is to crown the best football team as NCs.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:54 AM

This process has worked so far, is working now and will continue to work.

The clamoring about 8. 16 or more teams will only complicate it and provided for anomolies which will confound the process.

Am I happy with the accuracy of the rankings? NO, but it's close enough to find the best team and that's the goal.

Is Dabo happy right now? More than a pig in a mudhole. He's close enough to dominate the two patsys they choose and he can play the disrespect card. This is right down Dabo's alley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,273
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic