Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Changing of a Man: Could you be a player for Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

The Changing of a Man: Could you be a player for Clemson?

Aug 12, 2019, 6:32 PM

Could you really make it as a player on the CU football team today? (Not physically - But Mentally)

These coaches are taking young men with great potential and molding them to be better people in life. How? By motivating/coaching them how to: Do, Think, Act, Behave, in every area of life.

DC Venebles demands that his defense know WHY and they do what they do and well as WHY and WHAT everyone else is supposed to do what they do in order to work as a UNIT together for the good of the team.

As you read articles and interviews about what BV is asking his players to do, would you do what he is asking then to do to? Or would you be cut, benched, sent off the team because your own selfish ideals, ideas, or bad attitude?

We all need help and guidance in this world. We all need a coach that will motivate us to do our very best in life each and every day. None of us gets to take a day off from being a parent, a friend, a child, a spouse. We all need to listen to these (our) coaches and be motivated to be the very best we can be in our lives. TNET provides us with glimpses to a Masters Degree education in how to be better members of this team called HUMANITY taught by some of the very best coaches/motivators in the world.

I am so thankful to hear the good stuff that is happening on campus at our school. I, myself, need to stop just reading and hearing it and to really apply it to my own life. We all need to take the teachings of these coaches to play the best positions that we play in our lives. To be the best parent, teacher, employee, citizen, neighbor, that we can be. To not take moments, or days off. To not be so selfish in seeking our own agendas but the team (world) goals of Freedom, Peace, Honesty, Love, Respect. We need to hear what our coaches are telling our team (and us) to not take moments off - to really be there for others in need.

I vow to listen to my coaches. To follow their lead and their words. To be the best I can be in all areas of my life, whether I'm a starter or the last guy on the bench.
These guys are teaching US (as well as these young men) that we can change and do better than we are.

Could you be coached by these coaches and be a part of a winning team?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing you said mentally and not physically. I ran the

Aug 12, 2019, 6:58 PM

hundred yard dash in about two weeks in high school, and bench pressed 2, 25 times. Room for coaching and improvement, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Changing of a Man: Could you be a player for Clemson?

Aug 12, 2019, 7:10 PM

Mentally - no problem.

I was undersized (too skinny) but played pickup football until age 32 when I moved for a new job and could not find anyone to play against. Loved the game.

I'm 69 and yesterday in church my wife asked me if I was going to play on the church flag football team that's coming up soon. I told her I was thinking about it. :)

Re: The Changing of a Man: Could you be a player for Clemson?

Aug 12, 2019, 7:47 PM

Don't know, but I think about such things.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic