Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"The Catch"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

"The Catch"

Jun 24, 2017, 8:39 PM

I've seen a few posts regarding the Renfrow catch, and where it should rank in Clemson lore.

Obviously his catch was huge, and won us a championship. However, the Renfrow catch would not be possible if it weren't for the acrobatic strength of Jordan Legett. Although Hunter should be rightfully lauded for hanging onto the ball in the clutch to bring home the trophy, I feel that Legett should have a lofty place in Clemson history for hauling in what I think is the biggest catch in our football history! Without that catch by Legett, the final play of the game would be a lot different, and might not have gone our way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were a few heroe's on That drive

Jun 24, 2017, 8:53 PM

Cain return. Williams catch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't forget Gallman turning a 3 yd loss into a 9 yd gain***

Jun 24, 2017, 9:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't forget Gallman turning a 3 yd loss into a 9 yd gain***

Jun 24, 2017, 9:05 PM

I haven't forgotten all the other plays that got us to that point.

My point is simply whether the Leggett catch should rank among other catches in Clemson history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There were a few heroe's on That drive

Jun 24, 2017, 9:03 PM [ in reply to There were a few heroe's on That drive ]

I agree that both of those were huge, however the Williams catch was somewhat expected. He is a known stud, and as long as the ball is put within reach of his hands, he was going to catch it.

However, if we're ranking greatest catches in Clemson history, the catch Legett made has to rank right up there. He went against his momentum the opposite way and stretched as far as he possibly could to haul that one in. It changed everything as far as our offensive playcalling for those last three plays.

I think it made the ultimate difference between winning in regulation, or taking our chances in overtime.

Jun 24, 2017, 9:07 PM

Leggett had huge end of game catches in about 4 games this year , but none more spectacular than against Bama . He drops that circus catch and we are more than likely looking at a field goal attempt .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Bama DB was ready for the INT if it went through his hands.

Jun 24, 2017, 9:23 PM

It probably would have been game over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Bama DB was ready for the INT if it went through his hands.

Jun 24, 2017, 11:55 PM

You know you made a circus catch when Sports Science is impressed...

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18442372

Legget's catch saved the drive

Jun 25, 2017, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: There were a few heroe's on That drive ]

and made up for the missing the easier one earlier. He was determined and on a mission. I think it was then the bama players knew we would not be denied.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jun 24, 2017, 9:25 PM [ in reply to There were a few heroe's on That drive ]

C J Fuller?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2017, 10:00 PM

yeah wasnt that the kick return. Also the D giving up the long td run actually worked out to give us time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2017, 7:10 AM [ in reply to There were a few heroe's on That drive ]

To me, Cain was the MVP of that game. Him breaking that first tunnel screen for major yardage is what woke us up. That, and Dabo's decision to punt and pen them back deep on the 3rd.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was CJ Fuller's return***

Jun 25, 2017, 9:04 AM [ in reply to There were a few heroe's on That drive ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2017, 9:50 AM [ in reply to There were a few heroe's on That drive ]

Yeah, that Cain return was clutch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was seriously a team effort on the final drive.

Jun 25, 2017, 10:20 AM [ in reply to There were a few heroe's on That drive ]

Scott ran a perfect route, Hunter made the catch. Cain"s grab and run, Leggetts amazing catch. DW making the right calls. The OL blocking. Everyone did their job, and it was amazing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: "The Catch"

Jun 24, 2017, 10:57 PM

So many great plays . I look at it as most clutch drive of college football history .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Leggett's catch was nothing short of

Jun 25, 2017, 8:05 AM

amazing and spectacular!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I agree. Mike Williams was also a large part of that drive.

Jun 25, 2017, 8:46 AM

Really they're all heroes in Clemson history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2017, 9:36 AM

Also CJ's return

Jun 25, 2017, 10:06 AM

All will go down in Clemson lore as heroes.

However, the term "The Catch" at Clemson belongs to Jerry Butler from Steve Fuller. Nationally it is Montana to Dwight Clark.

https://youtu.be/8OgzrC_JOgM

It was "The Drive"***

Jun 25, 2017, 10:28 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I agree. Total team effort and one for the ages !***

Jun 25, 2017, 10:38 AM

Hopkins, 4th and 19.....against LSU

Jun 25, 2017, 1:20 PM

that was a miracle catch. Everything on the line....Diondre was going to get that ball!

4th and 16, but who is counting***

Jun 25, 2017, 1:58 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic