Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bridge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Bridge

Feb 13, 2018, 8:42 AM

Bridge program is a good way to save money. However, I hope this doesn't ruffle any feathers but there is an strange aura among the regular Clemson students. I didn't go bridge thankfully and was admitted as a normal student in 2012 but there really is a disconnect between bridge students and the regular ones. But that's not to say once the bridge students are integrated on campus their sophomore year that they don't fit in

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bridge

Feb 13, 2018, 8:49 AM

Are you still attending? Did you graduate on time? Time being 3.5 to 4 years?

Feb 13, 2018, 8:57 AM

I graduated in 4yrs. The 4yr graduation rate at Clemson is 58%, so I did know a number of people who finished in 4.5 or 5

Feb 13, 2018, 9:05 AM

I will say that for for a supposedly educated person you lack some important skills that show up in your post. Maybe it is because you confuse being educated with being smart. I can assure you they are 2 totally seperate things. You come off as a bit haughty as you use the word thankfully on not being a Bridge kid, like it somehow means you are better when in reality it comes down to a bunch of factors that may not have anything to do with actual academic qualities. Then you use normal, basically saying that the Bridge kids are abnormal in their route to a degree? I would love to have you work for me, that would be a joy and make my tiny little heart smile. While I only own a 2 year Tech Certificate and a Federal License it allowed me to earn a income that was ludicrous, plus it only cost me $750 a year in tuition.

Watch out! The grammar nazi/Pro BS sniffer is out and about!***

Feb 13, 2018, 9:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Bridge ]

Thanks for the input, Tiger Dad. 100% of Clemson Students who didn't go bridge would say they are thankful they didn't have to go that route. So yes, I am thankful I didn't have to bridge. You are quite the hypocrite if you say I am haughty while you turn right back around and say you'd love for me to work for you and you're making a good salary with a 2yr degree. Way to toot your own horn bud.

Hmm, just digging deeper Tigerpride16

Feb 13, 2018, 11:21 AM

Still not very bright oh educated one. Yes I would love for you to work for me, not because I think you would be of any value but to make you miserable. Get it now? Stop before that hole you dug gets any deeper, you just are not sharp enough to grasp things. The part about income was to show you that while an education is fine it is not the end all be all as to a successful life. Yes you are haughty, a bit conceited and I do think you feel somehow superior to the kids that use the Bridge Program, once again you would be wrong.

Re: Hmm, just digging deeper Tigerpride16

Feb 13, 2018, 11:24 AM

The funniest thing in your post is you calling someone else haughty and conceited.

I'd love to work for you, just to call you a chode and hurt your business.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2018, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Hmm, just digging deeper Tigerpride16 ]

Alright I get it, your 2yr degree is worth more than a Clemson degree. And I'm not educated, yep you're right. Sorry I don't have time to work a minimum wage job for you

Feb 13, 2018, 11:42 AM

Big talk from a one eyed fat man. Rooster Cogburn reference. Well you may not have liked it or lasted very long and considering that my guys averaged $250k a year that may have not been a wise career move. Company also paid their Federal income tax, had the highest 401k balances of any company, health care for life plus a substantial defined benefit retirement plan. I just ran a group of close to 200 people for that Company and kept the trains running on time, so I had broad leeway on who stayed. Thing is though we could very well disagree, could scream at each other and it was over 10 minutes later. Never affected any performance reviews done by me either, had several problematic guys at review express surprise on their high ratings. Told them I did not have to like them, I just had to rate them on their work performance. DO try again, still losing , minimum wage boy you make me laugh skippy.

Feb 13, 2018, 11:45 AM

Oh yeah? Well I know Bill Gates and we partner on several deals, I know things you wish you could.

The internet is a fun place lol out loud.

Feb 13, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Hmm, just digging deeper Tigerpride16 ]

Sorry TigerDad, you're not an alum. Enjoy that 2yr degree

Feb 13, 2018, 12:43 PM

Oh I do enjoy that 2 year Tech Cert junior, allowed me to retire at 55( month the son Graduated from Law School), kids education paid for in cash( to include 3 years of Law School) and they are debt free, no debt for ANYTHING , secure retirement funds, also traveled the world while working. Plus many other benefits too numerous to mention Found that I retired too early and took a job that on an hourly basis works out to $104 per hour worked right here no more than 15 minutes from the house. Amazing what a little no good for nothing Tech Cert can accomplish given a proper set of circumstances.

Feb 13, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Hmm, just digging deeper Tigerpride16 ]

Never said you were not educated skippy, I said you were not smart. Trouble with reading comprehension?

Feb 13, 2018, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Bridge ]

Paragraphs bro, use them.

Feb 13, 2018, 12:45 PM

Yeah, I know but that was never a strong suit for me. Did like to look at the English teacher though. She was one smoking hot 22 year old in her first job.

Wow***

Feb 13, 2018, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Bridge ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

The Bridge Program helps kids get into Clemson who

Feb 13, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Bridge ]

needed extra help. It's a snowflake program.

Re: The Bridge Program helps kids get into Clemson who***

Feb 13, 2018, 11:34 AM

Re: The Bridge Program helps kids get into Clemson who

Feb 13, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to The Bridge Program helps kids get into Clemson who ]

Once again your stupidity is showing, please continue as it amuses me.

Guess that's why your pulse is only 75%

Feb 13, 2018, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Bridge ]

You're not a real fan, because you're not an alum. No amount of money can buy that. It's why a Clemson man needs no introduction.

Re: Guess that's why your pulse is only 75%

Feb 13, 2018, 12:30 PM

Oh puleeze junior, my donations and the fact my son graduated from Clemson are all I need to feel secure in being 'All In". Now run along and think a pulse rating on a message board really means something, bahahahahah.

Say what? That is not true at all

Feb 13, 2018, 10:44 AM

I started out at Clemson as a freshman. My sophomore year, I made a lot of friends that were freshman in the bridge program. They were regulars at our house parties for years and ended up graduating with Clemson degrees

Re: Say what? That is not true at all

Feb 13, 2018, 10:51 AM

Read the last sentence of my original post. Yes, after bridge students become students of Clemson their sophomore year, they are normal students. In fact, they makeup for most of the sophomore pledge candidates for greek life. Some of my good friends came from bridge but I'm just making it known that their is a disconnect that first year

Feb 13, 2018, 10:53 AM

The disconnect is likely to change with bridge students living on campus next year.

Feb 13, 2018, 10:55 AM

That is true. Will they still be commuting to Tri-County for classes though?

Feb 13, 2018, 11:08 AM

I'm sure they will, otherwise they would be taking classes at Clemson.

That being said the biggest disconnect was the location of their housing, with them living in Lightsey/Calhoun Courts there is a much better chance for them to meet Clemson students and congregate with the student population.

Probably has something to do with the fact that they don't live on campus?***

Feb 13, 2018, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Say what? That is not true at all ]

And I do get what you are saying, but I'm also saying that there were plenty of freshman bridge students that associated with us Clemson students and came to our parties and what not (as freshmen too)

If you remember your first year of college you're doing it

Feb 13, 2018, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Say what? That is not true at all ]

wrong. It's not like they're lepers or something anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stopped reading at "save money"

Feb 13, 2018, 11:01 AM

You could go to Tech and NOT live in the fancy apartments. Bridge is paying Clemson tuition to pretend you go to Clemson
Go to Tech...for free, and transfer to Clemson.
Bridge is a scam

Re: I stopped reading at "save money"

Feb 13, 2018, 11:16 AM

You pay TCTC tuition though, not Clemson tuition.

Sure the living costs are higher, but that's about the only thing that's the same.

You sound knowledgeable on this topic. Follow-up questions:

Feb 13, 2018, 11:05 AM

1) When you were driving around campus, and came up on a group of bridge students, would you lock your car doors, or leave them unlocked because you were worried they'd hear the click of the door lock and judge you?

2) When you were having a party at your apartment, and a friend would show up with a bridge kid, what personal items did you prioritize for hiding so they wouldn't get stolen?

3) If you were walking downtown and saw a bridge kid coming the other way, did you cross the street or just pull out you cell phone and act like you were talking to the police?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You sound knowledgeable on this topic. Follow-up questions:

Feb 13, 2018, 11:08 AM

@Obed that was worth SEVERAL TU's! Funny!!

Message was edited by: osplancaster®

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: You sound knowledgeable on this topic. Follow-up questions:

Feb 13, 2018, 11:22 AM [ in reply to You sound knowledgeable on this topic. Follow-up questions: ]

1) Yes
2) Everything
3) Yes

A few more questions:

Feb 13, 2018, 11:30 AM

When confronted by bridge students regarding your outlook towards them, did you ever reply "ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IS A BRIDGE STUDENT!"?

Walk us through how you normal kids went about integrating with THEM when forced to once THEY got to their Soph year.

Have you ever kissed a bridge student? Be honest.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic