Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Enjoyed the History Channel special "The Bible"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Enjoyed the History Channel special "The Bible"

Mar 5, 2013, 1:56 PM

anybody know if there's a book for this?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moses said, "Hey Pharaoh, watch this!"***

Mar 5, 2013, 1:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2006_pickem_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my only slight complaint was...

Mar 5, 2013, 2:02 PM

they made Moses out to be kind of bold. I believe he was a reluctant instrument.

TXTF was upset they didn't talk more about Sodom and Gomorrah.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's pretty well made...

Mar 5, 2013, 1:59 PM

not as cheesy as I thought it would be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lutz, they advertised one based on the show

Mar 5, 2013, 1:59 PM

srsly

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget the app.***

Mar 5, 2013, 2:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Bible app advertised during the show is awesome.

Mar 5, 2013, 2:22 PM

I have had it on my phone and I use it all the time in church and in Bible study...You Version-I think it's called, it has all the translations. Study guides, reading plans, devotions, etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2006_pickem_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my wife swears she was watching one of these...

Mar 5, 2013, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Lutz, they advertised one based on the show ]

newsertainment shows Monday morning and someone called in and asked this question.

link

Mar 5, 2013, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Lutz, they advertised one based on the show ]

http://www.bibleseries.tv/books/

I thought it was meh. Lots of stuff changed

Mar 5, 2013, 2:03 PM

For dramatic effect.

I believe Noah and his family had a very peaceful ride on the water, and there wasn't water leaking all over the place. They were completely safe.

This one is obvious: As a substitute for Isaac, Abraham saw a ram with its horns caught in a bush, not a little baby lamb. And what in the world was Sarah doing there?

They didn't "go there" into specifically what it was the people of Sodom were doing. Did I see the angels go all samurai on them? That was weird.

Israel crossed the Red Sea on dry ground, not with water and wind flying all around them.. Again, they were completely safe. And it would have taken longer than 3 minutes. More like all day.

All the Egyptians following Israel, including Pharaoh, should have been been the sea and drowned.

It was much better than I anticipated

Mar 5, 2013, 2:05 PM

I was expecting crap. So it was a plus for me.

When you cover so much ground in a short time

Mar 5, 2013, 2:07 PM

It loses its effect a little.

I think it'd be better to do a whole 2 hours on Abraham, or Noah, or Moses, as opposed to spending 30 minutes on each. Too much gets glossed over that makes a big difference.

What if they made it into a "Choose your own Adventure" book***

Mar 5, 2013, 2:07 PM

LOL! Wow...

Mar 5, 2013, 2:09 PM

I have not even thought about those in ages. I remember having one about Super Mario!

HOLY SMOKES...Amazon

Mar 5, 2013, 2:14 PM

This is exactly what I remember having. I have a sudden and strong urge to buy it.

http://www.amazon.com/DINOSAUR-DILEMMA-NINTENDO-ADVENTURE-Adventure/dp/0671742051

or two hours on the Begats.

Mar 5, 2013, 2:17 PM [ in reply to When you cover so much ground in a short time ]

(longest Mass of my life)

that would've been great TV***

Mar 5, 2013, 2:20 PM

Only if they showed how the begatting was done.

Mar 6, 2013, 11:58 AM

Sarah was a freak so I am told.

They interviewed the producer on the radio here...

Mar 5, 2013, 2:20 PM [ in reply to I thought it was meh. Lots of stuff changed ]

He said the purpose was to appeal to a younger more video-game savvy generation. I think the basic premise was still there and if you did not grow up learning the Bible stories (much like me) it probably reached its target audience. He also said he watched the 10 Commandments with his kids and they laughed at the special effects...I know it was a goal of the film to make that more appealing.

Special effects not bad...

Mar 5, 2013, 2:22 PM

But I thought the "burning bush" was dumb-looking, as was the river-to-blood.

The Flood and the Red Sea scenes were well-made, if not Biblically accurate.

We were talking here about that...

Mar 5, 2013, 2:24 PM [ in reply to They interviewed the producer on the radio here... ]

feel like it was more important to entertain and get people interested in the story and get them asking questions (which it seems to have done) that to throw ever detail out there.

Re: We were talking here about that...

Mar 5, 2013, 10:21 PM

questions like, "why are people so gullible?"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll disagree on the Noah part, but otherwise I agree

Mar 5, 2013, 2:26 PM [ in reply to I thought it was meh. Lots of stuff changed ]

Too bad they didn't go into anything on Jacob/Israel and Joseph, but time constraints.

So far, I'm ok with it.

For real though, there is a novel based on the series. I can't quite comprehend.

I like the ninja angel dude.

Mar 5, 2013, 2:28 PM [ in reply to I thought it was meh. Lots of stuff changed ]

Apocryphal, but cool.

LOL. I can't be the only one who grasps the irony of this.****

Mar 5, 2013, 2:56 PM [ in reply to I thought it was meh. Lots of stuff changed ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you are. Enlighten us. I like a good dose of irony.***

Mar 5, 2013, 3:03 PM

Bemoaning the changes for dramatic affect....

Mar 5, 2013, 3:28 PM

from an incredibly oft-changed set of documents.

Just pointing out the irony that you have problems with changes only in certain situations.

As a for instance, there is almost no way the Pericope de Adultera was originally in the book of John, but methinks you probably don't have any problem with that dramatic license.

God's Word never changes, and never will.***

Mar 5, 2013, 3:29 PM

But you realize that it absolutely has, right?****

Mar 5, 2013, 3:30 PM

I know with absolute certainty that it hasn't.

Mar 5, 2013, 3:31 PM

Now, man has attempted to change it down through the years, unsuccessfully.

you aren't reading enough scholarly material***

Mar 5, 2013, 3:34 PM

I'm too dumb for all that. Just dumb enough

Mar 5, 2013, 3:35 PM

To believe God.

LMAO***

Mar 5, 2013, 5:33 PM [ in reply to God's Word never changes, and never will.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the joke?***

Mar 5, 2013, 3:07 PM [ in reply to LOL. I can't be the only one who grasps the irony of this.**** ]

I stick with Gunsmoke for quality TV viewing.***

Mar 5, 2013, 2:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What would Matt Dillon do??***

Mar 5, 2013, 4:21 PM

He would have rolled in there alone and taken out the...

Mar 5, 2013, 11:15 PM

heathens then enforced God's law with a stag handle 44 and Miss Kitty at his side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, available on Amazon, pretty good read

Mar 5, 2013, 10:15 PM

I understand some chapters were left out

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic