Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Ball Sack's idiocy knows no bounds...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

The Ball Sack's idiocy knows no bounds...

Sep 11, 2013, 11:36 AM

I posted this as a reply to another thread, but it got buried, so figured I'd repost. According to SS, the reason Vandy has suddenly gotten better is because their academics are now much worse... As if SC is now some Ivy League school.

To quote from the article: “I don’t know all the academic requirements they have there at Vanderbilt, but if you’re going to play in the SEC you’ve got to recruit very closely to the standards everybody else has,” Spurrier said. “I would think they’ve relaxed them a little bit, but I don’t know exactly.”

Every time I think he can't say something dumber, he finds a way. I'm surprised more news sources haven't picked up on his slant...

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20130910/PC20/130919901

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemKWA knows SCAR's football success comes from ...

Sep 11, 2013, 11:41 AM

... 'lack of' academic standards.

Define "success"***

Sep 11, 2013, 11:43 AM

Didn't you hear about those 5th place rings?

Sep 11, 2013, 11:44 AM

;)

Re: ClemKWA knows SCAR's football success comes from ...

Sep 11, 2013, 12:42 PM [ in reply to ClemKWA knows SCAR's football success comes from ... ]

And they are even lower now than they used to be before ss. He got them lowered. I doubt Clowney could even have gone there, had they not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Ball Sack's idiocy knows no bounds...

Sep 11, 2013, 11:45 AM

Listen guys anyone who knows college football knows the ACC SEC PAC 12 etc all recruit to the NCAA standards for athletes

Clemson will get the same kid in school that Bama, UGA, USC, FLa , UNC etc

There are national NCAA regulations that USC actually had higher than the NCAA standards. Spurrier blew the lid off that when he had to tell a kid who qualified that the university wouldn't let him in.

he said he would retire if the national standard was not followed at USC. Clemson and others have dropped theirs to the national NCAA standard test scores etc.

Now obviously Clemson and some other ACC teams have higher standards than say Arkansas for regular students but the facts are athletes are athletes. Do you really think UNC could get those basketball players in without following a lower standard for athletes?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This isn't true

Sep 11, 2013, 11:55 AM

Unless you have something that proves other wise you need to stop making up stuff like your POS head Coach does.

And since I mostly agree with you, what's the point..

Sep 11, 2013, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: The Ball Sack's idiocy knows no bounds... ]

Of him making statements like that? You see him calling out Alabama for recruiting stupid kids, albeit great athletes? The point of me posting is I have no idea what the purpose was in him making idiotic statements like that, directed at only one (really good) school.

Proof???***

Sep 11, 2013, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: The Ball Sack's idiocy knows no bounds... ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nice little story there Aesop

Sep 11, 2013, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The Ball Sack's idiocy knows no bounds... ]

Tell 'em coot

Have you ever met anyone that could not get into USCheat ?

Re: Nice little story there Aesop

Sep 11, 2013, 1:14 PM

I know a couple PERSONALLY that didn't get accepted at Clemson but got in at sc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice little story there Aesop

Sep 11, 2013, 1:39 PM

You are so right. They make a life out of saying that everybody else does what they do. They couldn't be more wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guys he's talking about ATHLETES not regular students

Sep 11, 2013, 3:46 PM

I believe the original poster is right about most (all?) of the schools in the bigger conferences accepting athletes using NCAA standards.

I remember the Becky Bowman incident about 5-6 years ago, where a football player made it through the NCAA clearinghouse but then was denied admittance by Clemson admissions. Wasn't that the WR that ended up at UNC? Since then I believe the admissions department has eased up on those sorts of denials.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys he's talking about ATHLETES not regular students

Sep 12, 2013, 9:09 AM

What makes you believe that?

me too...***

Sep 11, 2013, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Nice little story there Aesop ]

Sep 11, 2013, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: The Ball Sack's idiocy knows no bounds... ]

You couldn't be more wrong, but think what you wish.

You tell 'em, coot.***

Sep 11, 2013, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: The Ball Sack's idiocy knows no bounds... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Let's try that one more time, in English.

Sep 12, 2013, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: The Ball Sack's idiocy knows no bounds... ]

I agree with much of the substance of your post. But if you're going to write a defense of your school's academics, you could show at least token regard for the basics of grammar and punctuation.

As much as he likes to talk about Clemson...

Sep 11, 2013, 11:47 AM

I noticed in SOS's press conference about the UGA game, he said the dawgs were beaten the previous week, but did not mention Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

That's why he's a good figurehead for them...

Sep 11, 2013, 11:50 AM

I didn't hear any hooting, hollering, bragging or boasting all week this week. It's the first week in 9 months I haven't heard the crowing and the flag waving is at a bare minimum. I'm sure it's just a strange coincidence though.

of course he is not going to mention Clemson...

Sep 11, 2013, 1:15 PM [ in reply to As much as he likes to talk about Clemson... ]

he is not going to mention them even more after they lose end of November...

what he will do though is throw everybody else he can under the bus... and then retire...

Because the ###### will never say anything positive about

Sep 11, 2013, 5:36 PM [ in reply to As much as he likes to talk about Clemson... ]

Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 11, 2013, 11:49 AM

to add to that, come on guys Bellamy, Clowney, Spiller, Nuk etc would not be at USC or Clemson based on high school performance in the classroom, SAT scores, graduation class rank, community service, extracurricular activities etc

And just so you know look at the average SAT scores for USC and Clemson today. Pretty even requirements even for a regular student

This is coming from someone who openly admits my SAT score to get into Clemson when I went would not get me into USC or Clemson today!! Times change!

Out of the four guys you listed...

Sep 11, 2013, 11:52 AM

Only one of them is attending a D1 school today. Wonder which one that is and what shool they attend?

hey he has standards. if they can breathe and walk at the sa

Sep 11, 2013, 11:53 AM

me time he'll take them.

He's do dumb he'd probably choose to go on

Sep 11, 2013, 11:55 AM

D first.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd take this quote and change one word to make it accurate

Sep 11, 2013, 12:02 PM

“I would think they’ve relaxed them a little bit, but I don’t know sh!t.”

Re: I'd take this quote and change one word to make it accurate

Sep 11, 2013, 12:15 PM

Agreed! Thank God we don't have to open the papers and find Dabo making stupid a$$ comments like "SC State used to suck, but ever since they started recruiting idiots, their play has gotten a lot better." or "Everyone knows you can't have a player that's both smart and good."

LOL

Sep 11, 2013, 12:51 PM

OBS must be suffering from hoof-n-mouth

May be ADHD like me..but he does tell it like it is..sadly!

Sep 11, 2013, 1:02 PM

Go#3TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL

Sep 11, 2013, 1:17 PM [ in reply to LOL ]

Yeah I remember when it was going to be hard to get Tony Rice in at Clemson , but granny clampett got him in at Notra Dame .

Steven Davis had to go to Auburn , cause we couldn't be sure he could get into Clemson .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember

Sep 11, 2013, 1:14 PM

Eric Norwood got in to SCar with a 1.9 gpa in high school. How does that work? Oh yea and he was on the deans list at scar, too.

when i see these

Sep 11, 2013, 1:23 PM

Coots claim it is just as easy to get into Clemson as it is sc, it gives me a good laugh.

I personally know two guys that didn't get accepted at Clemson but got in at sc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me he is saying Vanderbilt must have lowered their ....

Sep 11, 2013, 1:45 PM

standards to that of SC. He never infers that SC has some higher standard. Surprised he would speculate to the press, but quite frankly he may be correct.

Sep 11, 2013, 2:10 PM

He is talking about lowering them to NCAA standards. Most schools follow NCAA standards

Again, Clemson and USC may have different standards for friends you know who did or didn't get in but that goes into deeper stuff, major, in state out of state, etc. that is not about athletics. They are the same across the board. The Stephen Davis thing was a shocker to USC and Clemson neither of which could get him in. If you remember Auburn went on probation after that as well

I know an idiot with not great grades who got into Ga Tech, no not engineering but History, diploma still counts. So any college grad should understand programs are different. I know guys who could take business at Clemson but couldn't get into the #1 international business school at USC. Doesn't mean USC has a better school but that program is by far in a different atmosphere than Clemson's. Clemson's engineering is better than USC's but Ga Techs blows Clemson's away and MIT blows away Ga Tech

Based on that response..

Sep 11, 2013, 2:23 PM

It's obvious where you went to school.
Only a complete idiot would compare a Clemson education to a South Carolina education. It's not even close.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Based on that response..

Sep 11, 2013, 5:10 PM

I knew he would come back with that kind of response. Coots always do.

But, I figured he would come back with the lie that he knows 2 that couldn't get in at sc but got in at Clemson.

It takes a special kind of idiot to believe the exact same people that gets in at sc would also get in at a top 25 school academically.

By the way, one of the guys I mentioned above was valedictorian of his senior class. Granted, it was a small school but still had awesome grades, extra curricular activities, etc but could NOT get in at Clemson.

Curious why you think GT's engineering blows

Sep 11, 2013, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: The Ball Sack's idiocy knows no bounds... ]

away Clemson's. The only thing that matters is the product they produce (i.e. grads), not the inputs (students).

It has not been my experience that Tech was better much less blows Clemson away, and I have been a PE for over 20 years. My brother is Elec Eng PE from Ga Tech (BS) with a(MS)in Elec Eng from Clemson. While it pained him to admit it, he told me he learned more at Clemson than he did at Ga Tech.

What facts are you basing this on? Your opinions, if so based on what? I am curious.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2013, 9:40 AM

I know some of you idiots never set foot in a Clemson classroom so it is hard for you to understand. The original conversation was about Athletes getting into schools. Clemson and USC both had higher standards than the NCAA. Clemson lowered theirs 8 years ago or so to the NCAA standards after having trouble with a recruit who passed NCAA standards and then Clemson was left saying sorry you can't get in. They quickly dropped to NCAA standards after being embarrassed by that disparity and to simply remain competitive

USC had the same thing happen within the last 3-5 years and Spurrier said he was so embarrassed if the University did not want to remain competitive with NCAA standards, he would retire. They lowered them to NCAA standards.

Now regular students are judged by all kinds of criteria. Yes, USC has a better business program and the International Business School has been #1 for most of the last 25 years. It is harder to get into that program than anything at Clemson. Now Clemson has a better E program on paper of which Ga TEch has a better program on paper. now to ask what I base that on, it is the same rankings that are posted on this site all the time. That is the only way. If I went off of how much money one makes it would make no sense.

I forget that not everyone on here is actually a grad or even cared to further their education. It shows when they get on here and speak.

So Spur got the school to lower its standards

Sep 12, 2013, 10:00 AM

but he said he didnt have too much power.
Then Ron Morris got canned at his request?
Nah....he's not the Messiah of Olympia

no, i set foot in a classroom you might get a job dusting...

Sep 12, 2013, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: The Ball Sack's idiocy knows no bounds... ]

if i put in a good word for you.

xavier mcdaniel never played for clemson & gameday wasn't on riggs field...

what was the word you used?

that's right, idiot.

^^^oooo look at mee

Sep 12, 2013, 10:28 AM

I went to Washington and Lee ;)

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

werd.

Sep 12, 2013, 10:29 AM

:)

Sep 12, 2013, 10:25 AM

So did Dabo and Tommy have too much power at Clemson when they got the University to lower its standards to the NCAA standard across the nation for athletes?

The State issue is completely different than the admissions requirements. That one can be argued the acceptance of same students UNC, Bama, USC, UGA, NC St etc are getting qualified by national standards is really not something that is debatable.

you should look closer @ what really took place w/ the aarc.***

Sep 12, 2013, 10:28 AM

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic