Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
R.I.P. Red Schoendienst
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,137

R.I.P. Red Schoendienst

Jun 7, 2018, 11:46 PM

Red Schoendienst, Cardinals Star and Oldest Hall of Famer, Dies at 95

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: R.I.P. Red Schoendienst

Jun 8, 2018, 12:16 AM

He was great manager.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2018, 12:29 AM

I believe he managed a World Series championship Cardinals team .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2018, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: R.I.P. Red Schoendienst ]

He used to sit on LB Bill’s knee as a child as Bill explained the finer intricacies of Baseball...

The Atlanta Braves pitching coach lived in Statesville NC

Jun 8, 2018, 1:04 AM

years ago and my grandfather grew up with him and knew him well.
Because my grandfather (Poppy) loved me so he put me in his truck while I was very young and took me to visit Red who just happened to be visiting Mr Starette.
It was incredible and I was star struck as the three of them reeled off question after question for my pathetic, shy embarrassment of a young child. Finally Poppy got them to sign some balls for me and to get those 12 pack of new major league baseballs was give them the starting lineup for the 1973 Bravesin the proper batting order vs a righty and vs a southpaw.
It didn't take me long and finally they were impressed. They showed me some tricks and we talked about my cousin Johnny Mize who was a pretty good professional player.
I couldn't wait to get home to brag and show my signed balls off to my friends. They had no clue who I was talking about! Ugh!!!!!!
If it had been Henry Aaron they would've cared. Great memories of my Poppy and the time we spent together meeting greatness. Well it might've been more like mediocrity but what a cool couple of men

Re: The Atlanta Braves pitching coach lived in Statesville NC

Jun 8, 2018, 8:36 AM

my friends have never really cared for me to show them my balls.....signed or not

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: R.I.P. Red Schoendienst- used to live in St Louis

Jun 8, 2018, 10:29 AM

back when they were stars he and Stan the Man used to carpool to games. What a different era.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2018, 5:29 PM

First thing I thought when I saw your post was he must be a hundred years old. I wasn't far off. I didn't even know he was still alive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2018, 5:29 PM

First thing I thought when I saw your post was he must be a hundred years old. I wasn't far off. I didn't even know he was still alive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2018, 5:40 PM

Red, Stan the man and Marty Marion were stars for the St. Louis Cards back in the 1940's. Marion was born in Richburg, SC.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,137
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic