Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC’s Greatest Home Field Advantage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

The ACC’s Greatest Home Field Advantage

Aug 8, 2012, 12:28 PM

This is a really good read on the ACC's home field advantage. I've been to most ACC stadiums and I agree with this. VT is loud, FSU used to be.... Clemson is always loud.

http://southernpigskin.com/ACC/view/the-accs-greatest-home-field-advantage

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC’s Greatest Home Field Advantage

Aug 8, 2012, 12:33 PM

not always but we should be. crowd tends to be fired up if something is happening but if we are behind I dont see that old fire and pick the team up by the bootstraps attitude we used to have. at least not as much in recent years. I'd say we are usually loud

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The FSU homer in comments section is upset about this.***

Aug 8, 2012, 12:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't reply to him right now but someone ought to go

Aug 8, 2012, 12:47 PM

remind the FSU homer of how loud it was to his own team last year when the Seminoles came to Death Valley:

"I didn't think it was really gonna be like that," said Williams, a junior who leads FSU with 16 tackles this season. "It really caught me off guard. But when I got down there, they were just screaming. And they didn't really stop screaming until the last play. I was like, 'Wow, this is crazy. I didn't think Clemson could get like this.'"

"It was all young people. It was like no old people at all," Williams said, laughing. "It was like, 'Where are all the old people?' No old people. Everyone was student section. And they were just loud and screaming and cussing, all type of profanities. And we were like, 'This is crazy. I've never seen anything like this in my life.'"

Several FSU veterans said Clemson was every bit as loud as Florida's Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, which saw a record crowd of 90,907 fans fill the stands when the Seminoles came to town in 2009. And a few would even give the nod to the Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT is loud because....

Aug 8, 2012, 12:40 PM

they use microphones to amplify the sound in the student and band sections yet it still doesn't compare to or compete with Death Valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I didn't know VT pumped in loud music ****

Aug 8, 2012, 1:23 PM

Re: I didn't know VT pumped in loud music ****

Aug 8, 2012, 1:24 PM

Clemson is super loud, as is VT. FSU has been super loud in the past.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic