Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leon O'Neal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Leon O'Neal

Jan 25, 2018, 11:26 AM

So, I ventured over to TCI (I don't know why don't ask me), and apparently there was a thread from yesterday morning, Robert stated they "knew of a silent commit," and about 12 hours later in the same thread it seems that we "are no longer in the running."

The reason was it "got out" that he was a silent commit to us and he did a 180, however, TCI wasn't to blame for it even though they came out with a post, deleted it, and then started saying we had a silent commit but couldn't confirm who it was.

Some guy posted twice and called them out and was banned. What a bunch of dooshes over there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leon O'Neal

Jan 25, 2018, 11:29 AM

So your saying that we lost a recruit thanks to TI? I bet dabo is pissed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2018, 11:29 AM

I'm not saying we lost him because of TCI, I'm just telling a synopsis of the thread.

You (like others) have TI confused with TCI

Jan 25, 2018, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Leon O'Neal ]

TigerIllustrated is the Clemson Rivals site and is very accurate and informative

TheClemsonInsider is run by a bunch of sensitive little girls

Somebody closer would've had to leak the info to TCI

Jan 25, 2018, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Leon O'Neal ]

first

Jan 25, 2018, 11:30 AM

I took a screen shot of their silent commit post last night. It's on my home computer so I'll when I get out of the office.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 25, 2018, 11:36 AM

@ddavidhood® with TigerNet investigates.

Yep ,all that happened.

Jan 25, 2018, 11:35 AM

Don't think the guy should have been banned over what he said. Then again,it's RMc's site, he makes the rules.

I did just post in that thread that Strelow said on the radio this AM that "A&M "connections" to his 7 on 7 team were what swayed the decision.

7 on 7 has gotten almost as dirty as AAU.

Re: Yep ,all that happened.

Jan 25, 2018, 11:42 AM

Yeah, I get that it's his site, but at the same time he's got to own up to putting out the story and not be so butt hurt when he gets called out.

Then to claim they know of a silent commit in the thread titled the same as mine is just asshattery.

Jan 25, 2018, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Yep ,all that happened. ]

You can’t blame that on TCI, though. I’m sure TA&M knew what was going down long before TCI did.

The 7 on 7 team was in charge of filming his

Jan 25, 2018, 11:50 AM

commitment video that never got shown last night. That was after he got back home, he still filmed a commitment video. Most are saying,it was Clemson.

Then ,according to Strelow, A&M through their "connections" to his 7 on 7 changed things. Sounds like another Gary type situation. Nobody in the family did anything wrong, but a coach somewhere got paid.

Jan 25, 2018, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Yep ,all that happened. ]

He deletes anyone that disagrees with him or questions his reporting with validity. I was blocked on the site, and I'm a Clemson Alumni...which is sad when you basically say you don't want an alumni on your site because he's posted a differing thought or validly questioned your reporting.

Like I said, I don't agree with it,it's his site,his rules.

Jan 25, 2018, 12:04 PM

.If I ran a site, I'd ban who I dang well pleased,most all of us would LOL

Re: Like I said, I don't agree with it,it's his site,his rules.

Jan 25, 2018, 12:10 PM

It's one thing to ban someone if they break rules, but a rule cannot be "you have to believe everything I say and forget when I'm wrong."

I honestly wonder if Robert is actually Walt Deptula's scok.

Jan 25, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Like I said, I don't agree with it,it's his site,his rules. ]

Well it is very sickening when a grown man or woman will race to tell a kids secret before they have the chance to use their excitement to be told when they wanted it to be told. Stealing a kids secret to tell it before them is as low down and dirty as they can be. Trashy people will blow out the candle of others so to make theirs look burn brighter!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2018, 4:59 PM

if you decide NOT to choose a school because someone stole your thunder...
then it seems logical to me, you probably made the wrong choice any ways.

Jan 25, 2018, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep ,all that happened. ]

He banned me also Tigerman78 for questioning him about Jack Leggett when everyone knew it was time for Leggett to go.

Jan 25, 2018, 12:09 PM

He got me on Ray Ray McCloud when he said he wasn't coming here "per his sources" and called out his father, and then committed and I asked about if we can trust the sources. I'd say that's pretty valid considering he had just committed to the school they said he wouldn't.

Jan 25, 2018, 12:26 PM

McRae also swore up and down the night before signing day that his sources were telling him Montravious Adams would sign with Clemson when everyone knew he was going to Auburn

Jan 25, 2018, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep ,all that happened. ]

Maye you're a Clemson Alumnus instead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2018, 11:40 AM

I wish Clemson would revoke Mcrae's media credentials.

Jan 25, 2018, 11:42 AM

Listen i’m no TCI apologist, but that whole scenario makes no sense to me. Yes I read the thread over there and I tend to see their point of view on this. Why in world would it make a difference if information leaked out that o’neal may or may not be the silent commit they were referring to and enough to effect who he would commit to? I don’t get that. There has to be more to it.

Anna hickey changed her prediction twice in the course of 24hrs. I read on STS that all these Clemson predictions rolled in bc of his announcement that he was committing somewhere right after his visit to Clemson. So there was nothing concrete to go on just timing of commitment announcement.

Jan 25, 2018, 11:58 AM

I don't know why it would make a difference, the bigger question is how reliable are their sources if they "know of a silent commit" that in less than 12 hours changes his mind?

Coach Bates also Tweeted out at the same time

Jan 25, 2018, 12:00 PM

"we just got better" ,then deleted it.

Re: Coach Bates also Tweeted out at the same time

Jan 25, 2018, 12:05 PM

That's a lot different than making a post on a website confirming a commitment and then deleting it.

Plus, Bates coaches the D-Line and could have been talking about a practice, etc. Jeff Scott tweets "It's a great day to be a Clemson Tiger" a good bit too but recruits don't pull a 180 on us.

Jan 25, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Leon O'Neal ]

Because it's yet another time MacRea's source credibility has come into question...and it's happened quite a few times over the last 5 years. Ray Ray McCloud's recruiting was a HUGE example many on here saw....Morris to Texas Tech, which as you know never happened...and he always says he was told "by his sources". But when they are wrong, he doesn't own up to it as a journalist that cares about the integrity of what he let's out. I understand he only has what's available to work from, but he himself should sometimes start to question how confident he is with the information before he posts it out. Sometimes trying to "beat others to the punch" can lead to drinking sour punch.

Jan 25, 2018, 12:29 PM

Yup, I like to have information as soon as possible like the next guy, but I would rather wait and have accurate information than have rushed, false information.

Jan 25, 2018, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Leon O'Neal ]

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't hold sites such as TCI or Tigernet to quite the same level of "journalistic integrity" as I would say a newspaper, television newscaster, or Sports Illustrated/ESPN. Particularly when the post starts with something along the lines "this is what we heard from an unnamed person in the know". Sometimes the articles on these sites are often somewhat poorly edited and I generally give them a pass. I enjoy hearing what the word is on the street, even if in the back of my mind I realize that things do change and in the rush to be the first to report it, it can sometimes have a misspelled word or other misprint here or there.

That being said, I can also see that TCI may be quicker than others to post things and their accuracy can sometimes be called into question. I do think that TCI does post what they believe to be accurate at the time of posting and that they certainly have no intention of causing harm to Clemson University from their reporting. I intend to continue to frequent these sites, and gain the information I can from them!

Sounds like either we never really had him or

Jan 25, 2018, 11:56 AM

He's not sure at this point what he's going to do. From his point of view it seems he'd rather play for the team likeky to be either the number one team in the country that is consistently in the college football playoffs over a team with a new coach and staff!! But that's just me and I'm admittedly biased.

clemson version of fgf***

Jan 25, 2018, 11:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 25, 2018, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My question is who is leaking information from within the program to McRae? This isn't a highly sensitive matter, but there is a protocol for these kinds of things. Even if a player commits, he may prefer to keep it silent for the time being/announce it in his own way at a later date. TCI did the same with LeAnthony Williams last year, so I'm wondering, who is supplying McRae with this information?

If anyone is aware of the true facts please step forward.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2018, 12:11 PM

If that was all it took to change the kids mind then he was never truly committed

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2018, 12:42 PM

Soooo, O'Neal reads TCI, got upset and going elsewhere. Sounds like BS to ne

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no accountability anymore

Jan 25, 2018, 1:05 PM

People just publish their **** and if it's wrong or isn't supposed to be published then it's always someone else's fault. Usually the fault of "unnamed sources".

TCI is a joke. Almost every thread on their forum is started by the two or three guys that run the site.

Re: There's no accountability anymore

Jan 25, 2018, 2:06 PM

This morning, after 247sports.com had already put a piece out saying CB Patrick Surtain scheduled an official visit for this weekend, TCI posted "one of our sources" told us that CB Patrick....

Does this mean 247sports.com is one of their sources! Haha

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic