Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The 5-streak was horrific, but how's this for a streak??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,028

The 5-streak was horrific, but how's this for a streak??

Dec 1, 2014, 2:07 AM

I entered Clemson in 1976. The following is the sequence of Clemson wins to Carolina wins since then.

3 to 1, 4 to 1, 1 to 1, 4 to 1, 1 to 1, 1 to 1, 4 to 1, 4 to 1, 2 to 5, 1 to?

That's 25 to 13 overall and only one losing sequence since my enrollment in CU.

That's a real STREAK!!!

(Note to Coots: Don't try to find a timespan that shows better stats. There is only 3 other times in your entire history that you can claim a winning sequence in the rivalry, and 2 of those were right after Clemson was depleted due to WWII service)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The 5-streak was horrific, but how's this for a streak??

Dec 1, 2014, 7:47 AM

I think many (probably most) of them know that very well. That's what grates on them so much. They have been groping around for years to have some success. They finally put together a few good seasons, and they have milked it for all it is worth. Can't blame them for crowing when they finally got a chance, and they probably figure it can't last. I think they are right. Saturday was back to normal for them, as has the whole year, pretty much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 7:57 AM

The last time the coots had a winning record over an individual decade was the 1950's. Heck, it's the year 2014, and the coots have a 5 game streak this century and we are still ahead of the 8-7 since 2000.

With Watson and company, I don't see the coots winning this decade either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have seen at *least* two SCar fans proclaim

Dec 1, 2014, 8:11 AM

that "Clemson can have their one win, we have our five" or something in that vein, reinforcing the notion that SCar history began in 2009. They conveniently forget that it was their ONLY winning streak over Clemson since 1970. I keep wanting to remind them of that fact, but it's useless so I don't bother.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Clemson has won 11 of the last 18 games?***

Dec 1, 2014, 8:13 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 8:43 AM

I checked the history for "streaks". I did not even include 3 game streaks. USC had 1 four game winning streak while Clemson has SEVEN!! USC did have the recent 5 game streak while Clemson had one 7 game winning streak. You can go easily to Wikipedia to see this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,028
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic