Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BASKETBALL.. copied and pasted this from
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

BASKETBALL.. copied and pasted this from

Feb 20, 2019, 7:53 AM

Another thread I had responded to because I knew that thread was going to get buried.
As I say further down, I don’t know the inner working of the bb team/Dept but I don’t know why these things wouldn’t work
A couple of questions
I don’t know if it is already being done (if so they are terrible at it) but does the basketball Dept have access to the same resources as the football team??(not being sarcastic).
Does the basketball program have the same support through the AD and BOT as the football team had?? If they don’t, they should.
BB needs to be able to hire people, like football, to get our program jump started. I mean support staff and marketing staff. Why couldn’t bb put a couple of people over in our google center to research players that Clemson are looking at or maybe should be looking at. They could also use that tool to better market our basketball program. Why is this not possible??
They should be able to hire better assistant coaches, (especially on offense and shooting (kind of like our QB Coach). We should be able get some analyst that can find the diamonds in the rough. Do we currently have that support staff??
All recruiting assets and talent assessment assets should be available for what is suppose to be the second largest revenue generator. Why isn’t this being done?
There is no way the recruiting, screening of players, constant talking and following up with recruits and players is totally on BB and if it is that is bullish!t. Shouldn’t we have a better support staff?
Our current arrangement isn’t working and all of the blame is being laid on the coach and fan attendance.
BB is an excellent defensive coach. The players like him and he appears to really love the University. We had some good returning players, but I think there should be offensive coaches etc. and better support staff. Why can’t our Basketball coach have the same support and access to Clemson’s marketing program?
As you can see I don’t know how the structure of how BB works but it seems like there needs to be some hiring or firing of the support staff for bb.
Why can’t our admin put the same fervor into our bb program as they did when they handed
Coach Swinney the reigns. They stated they wanted our fb team to be as good as or better than the ostate, ou, ga and Bama. They gave full on support for what ever was needed.
Our football team has arrived and I don’t mean taking anything from fb but they need to take the same approach with bb. Is this unreasonable?
There was a full on assault in hiring, marketing etc for the fb team and starting right now they should figure out how to do the same thing for bb.
We are Clemson and there is no excuse why this couldn’t be done. BB is an excellent coach, especially defense, but he can’t do it without the full on support of the administration. Everyone of the schools that are competitive in bb has this support
Instead of everyone jumping in firing Brad why can’t we get behind getting him some additional coaches and support?

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: BASKETBALL.. copied and pasted this from

Feb 20, 2019, 7:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Feb 20, 2019, 8:02 AM

Thank you for the helpful information. Such a bastion of great ideas

I didn’t realize you had a question...

Feb 20, 2019, 8:09 AM

because there were no question marks in your post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

actually there were 13 question marks***

Feb 20, 2019, 10:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

0 before the edits.

Feb 20, 2019, 10:40 AM

Which I could care less about. It was a harmless joke about how long his post was.

Re: I didn’t realize you had a question...

Feb 20, 2019, 10:18 AM [ in reply to I didn’t realize you had a question... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Feb 20, 2019, 8:07 AM

That is what TMac & Oglesby do- I believe- player development. I dont think our issues are support related. I know BB made some staff moves last year or two also which seems good. The Ops guy used to be HC at Evansville I believe so he's got resources to scout and coach. I feel bad for seniors who came back and get this type year which ultimately isnt going to help their playing value in Europe or where ever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 8:42 AM

Did any of the seniors have a chance of turning pro early, or were they being smart to come back and earn a degree to prepare for life after bball?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 9:14 AM

My view is they though they did. The feedback they got made them rethink. They needed another good year to show their skills. Really none of them have helped their cause except maybe Reid. And even he isnt doing that much to show out lately

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 4 seniors, and their lack of cohesiveness

Feb 20, 2019, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: BASKETBALL.. copied and pasted this from ]

has been the biggest issue this year. I appreciate their effort, but none of them are good enough to consistently one-on-one take over a game. Reed is the closest, but he lacks the athleticism, and that really shows against a team like FSU with elite athletes everywhere. I expected more than the solo acts we've seen far to often this year

Four 5th year seniors. Lots of time for the coaching staff

Feb 20, 2019, 9:58 AM

to develop them to the best of their abilities.

What you are describing is a lack of coaching and player development.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were good last year

Feb 20, 2019, 10:09 AM

I actually think it's more like JB's senior year. Looking more ti the next level than the team this year. It's a chemistry thing. It's been a lot of individualism this year. Once players get on the court, they tend to do what they want, especially with no one viable to take their minutes

Feb 20, 2019, 9:24 AM

Football has an army of staffers and competitive spending with anyone in the country. Basketball has one of the lowest budgets in the ACC

It's improved, but the truth is Brad doesn't have

Feb 20, 2019, 9:38 AM

the clout to get more. He'll be entering year 10 with what will be a minimum two year major rebuild. A new coach could demand more to take the job. Brad just isnt in a position to do that

Feb 20, 2019, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: BASKETBALL.. copied and pasted this from ]

How can anyone change this status. Basketball will never be on the level of football in spending and shouldn’t be, but it needs to be attacked with the same enthusiasm. Dabo was given the keys to the kingdom and I am forever grateful, but the admin needs to step up and get involved with and support basketball with the same fervor

Dabo earned the keys to the kingdom

Feb 20, 2019, 10:11 AM

FIFY

Re: Dabo earned the keys to the kingdom

Feb 20, 2019, 10:29 AM

He absolutely has earned everything he has; however, when he was hired he was given and and everything he needed and requested.

He was among the lowest paid coaches in the

Feb 20, 2019, 10:38 AM

country. Used money from what would have been his raises to hire better assistants. Didnt get the indoor facility until 2015, the new complex until 2016. It was a progression based off success, not instantaneous

Feb 20, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: BASKETBALL.. copied and pasted this from ]

Actually, the post from several days ago showed we were middle of the pack for spending and on par with programs like Tennessee and Texas etc. seemed to have very little correlation with spending and more about who the coach was and whether or not they could bring in talent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's time our fans stopped making excuses for our basketball

Feb 20, 2019, 9:55 AM

coach and face the fact that we are 9 years in and it appears that there will only be one NCAA Tournament appearance with his recruits. His first year was all Oliver Purnell's recruiting.

Even for Clemson basketball, the BB era has been about as unproductive as any period in our team's modern history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's time our fans stopped making excuses for our basketball

Feb 20, 2019, 10:33 AM

So that’s all everyone sees? Fire the coach and we will be in the final four. We may get a new coach that will win a game or so more than now, but nothing else will change. Brad may not and most likely isn’t the coach to get it done, but as I stated earlier the administration and board need to step up and do their part

You should try reading and comprehending instead of

Feb 20, 2019, 11:30 AM

building straw men to do battle with.

It's time to hold the head coach accountable for the futility of the last 9 years, especially in light of the state of the program and what was accomplished right before he got here. The BB era is one of our least productive periods in the checkered history of Clemson basketball.

Re: It's time our fans stopped making excuses for our basketball

Feb 20, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to It's time our fans stopped making excuses for our basketball ]

I would have to agree. At some point, you have to hold the coaches responsible. Yeah, the kids he has may like him but I really don’t think it’s spending or fan appreciation or anything like that. It was loud in there last night.

I’m sure he’s a great guy and I really love the fact these players are graduating. That’s important. But surely there’s enough players out there with good character and talent and grades to get in. It’s something missing. CBB just rubs me the wrong way. Be it his coaching presence or his pressers - kinda comes across as too arrogant??? Can’t find the right word but it’s something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic