Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney recaps emotional beginnings as Clemson's head coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney recaps emotional beginnings as Clemson's head coach

May 14, 2013, 9:31 AM

Swinney recaps emotional beginnings as Clemson's head coach

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney felt overwhelmed in his first week as Clemson's head coach, breaking down in tears outside of Clemson's football offices as he pondered the task ahead of him. Swinney recaps those emotional first days with TigerNet.Part one of a three part series. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Say what you want, feel what you feel - but as for me - THIS

May 14, 2013, 9:38 AM

is the guy I want at the helm of MY University's football ship.

The passion, the emotion, the excitement, the love of God and the love of MY University.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

^^^^^THIS!^^^^^***

May 14, 2013, 9:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Say what you want, feel what you feel - but as for me - THIS

May 14, 2013, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Say what you want, feel what you feel - but as for me - THIS ]

I personally love the guy and "my freakin quarterback"

I may be in the minority here

May 14, 2013, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Say what you want, feel what you feel - but as for me - THIS ]

I think it's great that Dabo is such a good person, but when it comes to my football coach all I care about is winning and providing our players with the chance to succeed in life.

As long as he provides those two things, he can be a saint or the meanest SOB you ever saw, I don't care.

Dabo is winning a bunch of games (still need to beat Sakerlina though) and graduating his players, so I'm behind him no matter what kind of person he is.

BUT . . . it sure is GREAT to have both. And that we have !

May 14, 2013, 2:59 PM

I wouldn't want spurlid as a coach at Clemson . . . even when he was a gator or dukie . . .

I wouldn't want Bob Knight in his prime at Clemson . . . ( I know - this opens up a HUGE can of worms . . . ). Probably not even rat face . . .

Nor Bob Huggins or Frank Martin nor Woody Hayes or the piraty pirate guy (says more I can remember that than his name) . . .

Just me, though.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Amen! Acknowledge God in All that you do

May 14, 2013, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Say what you want, feel what you feel - but as for me - THIS ]

And God will Acknowledge you!

A good leader

May 14, 2013, 9:39 AM

is not one who is always confident, but is one who always seems confident to his followers.

Best quote of the interview:

May 14, 2013, 9:50 AM

"I've never been a doubter, I've been a believer"

I wish more people had this view, not of college football or coaching but just life in general.

Dabbo is the heart of why Clemson feels like family***

May 14, 2013, 9:58 AM

Dabo is our Sergeant Hulka....our big toe.***

May 14, 2013, 10:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

he'll always be welcome for supper at Clemson***

May 14, 2013, 10:11 AM

A guy that famous comes to your house

May 14, 2013, 11:56 AM

You better serve him dinner!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

with a grade of slaw***

May 14, 2013, 12:00 PM

Re: A guy that famous comes to your house

May 14, 2013, 1:19 PM [ in reply to A guy that famous comes to your house ]

If he shows up at noon he'll get dinner

It will always be supper on Hwy 51 in Charlotte Sat. night!***

May 14, 2013, 12:43 PM [ in reply to he'll always be welcome for supper at Clemson*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney recaps emotional beginnings as Clemson's head coach

May 14, 2013, 12:43 PM

What a coach!

What a man! A man of charecter, integrity, fire, passion, drive, conviction and a love for Clemson!

He is our leader and I support him 100% because he is doing things the RIGHT WAY!!

With Dabo "everything matters" and we should accept nothing less for Clemson. We are not the SEC, and folks: That is a GOOD thing.

We are Clemson!! And something spectaculor is coming!!!

ALL IN

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney recaps emotional beginnings as Clemson's head coach

May 14, 2013, 1:20 PM

Now coots what you got to say about Mr. Swinney

May 14, 2013, 1:58 PM

They have already said everything negative that they can say about Dabo. And it hasn't fazed him one bit. And they can tweet it, or shove it up their brown eye. Dabo cares about doing what's right for Clemson as our HC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tweet that!

May 14, 2013, 2:06 PM

Yeah, I know it won't fit in 140 characters, but ....

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Story, but lost a little steam with all the god stuff***

May 14, 2013, 2:54 PM

See. Why? What difference does it make? Why does this upset

May 14, 2013, 4:03 PM

you? huh? A man is not allowed to talk about God anymore? Oh, you haven't seen anything yet, ye of little faith.

The Coots "love" Dabo

May 14, 2013, 2:58 PM

But.......THAT is about to change folks!!

Beginning in November, continuing into National Signing Day, every inbred dirtpecker will detest Dabo. Read between the lines and free to:

Tweet that!!

Go Tigers!!

88 interesting. Otherwise, he's human. Shocker. Yawn.

May 14, 2013, 3:34 PM

That was an "interview"? Seemed more like a PR-release.

I hope that there's part-2 where some kind of interesting questions get asked and answered.

Better than the one article aweek another free site puts out

May 14, 2013, 5:19 PM

Razz--- you remind me of Sergio Garica. Always whining about something.

Razz does his sucking up on STS. You won't get a kind word

May 14, 2013, 5:28 PM

from him here and he's never admitted how wrong he and STS were about Dabo and the S&C coach that took a top SEC's team to the mat in the Peach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I regularly praise Tnet writers when they post good articles

May 14, 2013, 8:08 PM

But for some reason you never comment when I praise the T-Net authors for good articles. You just complain if provide critiques.

How was I wrong about Dabo? I opposed hiring an inexperienced head coach because he'd make lots of unforced newbie mistakes-- which he did. (Fired Koenning. Promoted Napier. Let Ellington & Harper choose their carries. Played low-performing upper-classmen like Dye, over young performers like Hopkins, etc. All things which I critiqued and Dabo fixed.) I always praised Dabo for his recruiting, enthusiasm, energy, ethics, etc, and I always said that he's smart and could become a good head coach with experience. I was right. I just didn't want Clemson to suffer needless newbie mistakes.

As far as S&C, from what I've read Chad Morris (like me) was dissatisfied with the S&C program and insisted on changes. Consequently, I understand that there are new assistants and the program has improved. I don't think that the win over LSU team PROVES that our S&C program is great. Did the 70-33 Orange Bowl butt-whupping by a lowly Big East WVU team PROVE that our S&C program is pathetic? Did the 4-straight physical manhandling butt-whuppings by SCAR PROVE that our our S&C program is inferior? You have to look at how the individual players perform against their counterparts.

Here's one example of me praising T-net authors

May 14, 2013, 9:14 PM

http://www.acs.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=11016239

In Part 2, Dabo vindicates my view of his newbie mistakes!!!

May 15, 2013, 2:05 PM [ in reply to I regularly praise Tnet writers when they post good articles ]

In Part 2, Dabo admits to making newbie HC on-the-job training mistakes-- which is why many of us opposed promoting a position coach (as I mentioned in the previous post).

The first time that I've ever seen such an admission of unforced on-the-job-training mistakes is also the first time that I've ever seen comments turned off. So Dabo vindicates my position but T-Net denies my "I-told-you-so" moment. Coincidence or pumper-coddling?

Here's proof that you're wrong...

May 14, 2013, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Better than the one article aweek another free site puts out ]

I critiqued the "interview" for simply parroting the feel-good state-the-obvious PR rather than asking interesting questions.

You didn't provide any kind of intelligent counterpoint to my critique. It's ironic that you say I whine.

Was I "always whining" when I made the following posts or are you ignorant of the facts, or are you just incredibly intolerant of any critique?
http://www.acs.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=11016239
http://www.tigernet.com/view/news_update.do?id=11040
http://www.tigernet.com/view/news_update.do?id=10967
http://www.tigernet.com/view/news_update.do?id=10891
http://www.tigernet.com/view/news_update.do?id=10886
http://www.tigernet.com/view/news_update.do?id=10885
http://www.tigernet.com/view/news_update.do?id=10884
http://www.tigernet.com/view/news_update.do?id=10874
Etc. etc.

If your reading comprehension was anywhere close

May 14, 2013, 5:25 PM [ in reply to 88 interesting. Otherwise, he's human. Shocker. Yawn. ]

to the size of your over inflated ego you'd know it's a three part article.

Has anyone told you to suck it today?

Let me go first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironic. It doesn't say it's part of a three part article.

May 14, 2013, 7:31 PM

I just did a search of the article and it doesn't say anything about it being a three part interview. And yet you insult my reading comprehension? That's ironic.

It's sad that you can't respond with a civilized adult counterpoint, like quoting the section about "three part". (I guess because it doesn't exist.) But instead you stoop to childish insults and vulgarity. How old are you?

It is onthe front page Last sentence B4 you click on article***

May 14, 2013, 8:43 PM

Oh. I never read those sub-headlines-- just the articles.***

May 14, 2013, 9:25 PM

That's why you go off half cocked on a regular basis.

May 15, 2013, 4:21 PM

Because I don't read the sub-headlines? Too funny.***

May 15, 2013, 4:31 PM

God is Wonderful. This was Posted Just after My Thread

May 14, 2013, 4:00 PM

today about God. This is a VERY IMPORTANT ARTICLE. I COMMEND DABO SWINNEY for Standing up For God! He will be blessed! Look at these quotes.......

“If you cut me open, I bleed. So, I’m certainly human,” Swinney said. “I’ve never lacked confidence or anything like that. I’m thankful that I have a strong faith, very thankful. *The devil will attack in a lot of ways and doubt is one of them.”

"“All of a sudden, it hit me that we have to play on Saturday. It was the first time, I had parked in the head coach’s parking spot and I turned in to that parking spot and my lights hit the curb on the curb was the number 88. My number in college was 88.”

"“It was almost like God was saying, ‘Hey, I’ve got your back. You’re right where I want you to be and don’t doubt that.’ And, I’ve never doubted it since,” he said. “I know that I’m here because the good Lord put me here for whatever reason. That doesn’t mean that you aren’t going to have challenges or adversity ,because God is always trying to challenge you and make you better."

Dabo Swinney just took a HUGE step in showing his Faith in God. This is very interesting. Keep mentioning God brother and things will get magical. Let Dabo Be an example for Clemson Nation. Acknowledge God in ALL that you do and God will Acknowledge You!

Re: God is Wonderful. This was Posted Just after My Thread

May 14, 2013, 5:15 PM

Dabo is not only a great example for Clemson but also for the nation and the world! Every right thinking parent would want their son or daughter to play for a coach like Dabo!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Story, but lost a little steam with all the god stuff***

May 14, 2013, 7:07 PM

I'm sure St. Peter will be reading this quote from your book of life while you're on the judgement stand. BTW, it's "God" as in the one and only. Not god as in any other physical possession you can obsess over!

/\ Hater /\

May 14, 2013, 8:29 PM

You sir...are a hater.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

/\ link_happy hater /\***

May 14, 2013, 9:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sorry...

May 14, 2013, 9:18 PM

but my Motorola Flip phone cannot keep up with the links.

DB23

Don't blamed being drunk on a phone.

May 15, 2013, 4:22 PM

We understand drunk. We don't tolerate obsolete electronics. ;)

May 15, 2013, 9:48 PM

why do people have to try to keep God out of everything. God is in control of everything that happens . he is trying to get people to behave and act good so all the things that are going on will get better and stop. if you don't want to have God in your life don't run down those who want him in their lives. i would rather have a coach like swinney teaching my kids to behave and live better lives.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic