Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Thomas remembers the embarrassment of Clemson's 2011 trip to Raleigh
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Thomas remembers the embarrassment of Clemson's 2011 trip to Raleigh

Sep 18, 2013, 6:08 PM

Thomas remembers the embarrassment of Clemson's 2011 trip to Raleigh

Senior left tackle Brandon Thomas received his first career start at that position in Raleigh two years when he replaced the injured Phillip Price. What does he remember about that game? How is this team different? And how did Chad Morris use the bye week to challenge the offensive line? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHAT !?!?!?! I am still getting over the 2002 whoopin

Sep 18, 2013, 6:14 PM

we took from NS Cate on a THursday night in the Valley

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: WHAT !?!?!?! I am still getting over the 2002 whoopin

Sep 18, 2013, 8:55 PM

Lol! I was there with one of my best buds who went to nc state. We had our two 12 year old sons with us. A dear friend gave us 50 yard line seats and a parking pass by the rock. And we laid an egg that night. Sure showed them a good time night. Ouch! Going to game tomorrow night in Raleigh with said friend. Hoping for our tigers to kick butt! Go tiger

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am with you. My wife a I went to that game with our

Sep 18, 2013, 9:04 PM [ in reply to WHAT !?!?!?! I am still getting over the 2002 whoopin ]

NCSU grad neighbors when we lived in Anderson. THAT was a MISERABLE game. I never felt as bad for a quarterback as I did for Charlie that night. He took an absolute beating. This time, Tajh will be dishing out the beatings.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: I am with you. My wife a I went to that game with our

Sep 18, 2013, 10:24 PM

Tajh won't dish out any "beatings" unless our OL gets the job done. Chad Morris was legitimately concerned, and ,thankfully said it in no uncertain terms. Dabo, and I realy like him, said we "improved" against S.C. State.
Really? Not according to the game I watched. We took a step backwards. So now the thought police are going to come charging on. And, I'll be labeled a "coot." They seem to lack the imagination or intelligence to come up with anything more imaginative, Well, if I'm a "coot," then so is coach Morris. Good company to be in.

not near the same. coach morris has to come up with

Sep 19, 2013, 6:08 AM

some negatives about the game, to coach the guys. if he tells them everything is just fine and dandy, in all phases of the game, the players won't bust their tails trying to improve. these are 18-22 year old young men, they still have a great deal to learn about the nuances of the game. you don't, unless you are just using it to coach us t-netters, and i would say the majority of us are older than 22, and don't take coaching very well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am with you. My wife a I went to that game with our

Sep 19, 2013, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I am with you. My wife a I went to that game with our ]

YOur not a Coot.lol.. but I bet you didn't play football growing up... After beating Ga... we celebrate like we won the national title.. and the KIDS think its great.. so SCST comes to town, we are up by 24 and they are flat.. who can blame them . We did improve against SCST , but we improved our backups.. Let it rest and don't worry so much .. we just have to start acting like we have been there before and realize its a long season. I had an Auburn friend of mine say,, I cant believe you guys stormed the field after beating GA like you were the national champs... got me to thinking. We think we have arrived and we have only just begun.........Go Tigers.

Did you remind your Auburn friend that we always go on the

Sep 19, 2013, 7:41 AM

field after a home game?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: WHAT !?!?!?! I am still getting over the 2002 whoopin***

Sep 19, 2013, 6:44 PM [ in reply to WHAT !?!?!?! I am still getting over the 2002 whoopin ]

Hope we're ready and solid, not overly concerned

Sep 18, 2013, 6:42 PM

with the past (self-fulfilling prophecies). Been hearing a little too much about this, but I know sportswriters love to create spin.

Re: Hope we're ready and solid, not overly concerned

Sep 18, 2013, 10:27 PM

We should be ripping and snorting, with a huge chip on our shoulder. I sure hope so.

@dgcannon

Sep 19, 2013, 3:13 AM

I think we could have played a bunch better than we did while our starters were out there against SC State. That being said ; when given the week before and the usual letdown after such a taxing game , I wouldn't exactly claim it was a "HUGE" step back , as you claim. Morris has a very certain way of not letting the players forget their mistakes and he puts it out there when interviewed . I like that about the guy , he doesn't accept mediocre performance.
No way we go up there and play like we did 2 seasons ago. I am thinking more along the lines of us handling our business like the #3 team in the country and beating a semi-decent Wolfpack team rather convincingly at their house.
For what its worth , if you are labeled as a Coot on TNet there is probably a plausible reason for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

"Practices are harder than games"

Sep 19, 2013, 7:45 AM

That's what I like to hear. I hear echoes of Danny Ford and Jeff Davis in that.

That's what they said.

Sep 19, 2013, 8:04 AM

Practice is for work, games are for fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Thomas remembers the embarrassment of Clemson's 2011 trip to Raleigh

Sep 19, 2013, 8:38 AM

I personally enjoyed the Woody D show in 2001. Looking forward to the game tonight as well.

Re: Front Page Story: Thomas remembers the embarrassment of Clemson's 2011 trip to Raleigh ***

Sep 19, 2013, 6:49 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic