Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CNN’s Acosta is a grandstanding antagonist
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

CNN’s Acosta is a grandstanding antagonist

Nov 8, 2018, 7:49 AM

It’s all about attacking, inciting, and making himself the center of attention.

I hope they pull his White House credentials permanently, he IS a rude, terrible person!

And I would say the same thing about anyone, from any network, that continued to conduct their self in such a contentious and provocational manner as he has.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CNN’s Acosta is a grandstanding antagonist

Nov 8, 2018, 8:00 AM

Those same words can be used to describe Trump. So it's ok for the President to do it, but not a journalist?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not OK for either. However, the President does

Nov 8, 2018, 8:02 AM

matter more. He is held to a higher standard, at least by me. My attitude is I don't care that much if Jim Acosta acts respectfully. I can just ignore him. I do care much more if the President acts respectfully.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The “Far left Liberal Privilege”

Nov 8, 2018, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: CNN’s Acosta is a grandstanding antagonist ]

Yes, YOU!

Provoking and Inciting are okay for your ilk and it doesn’t matter who you choose to attack or under what circumstances.
HOWEVER, you are quick to condemn anyone who responds to your abhorrent behavior.

WHAT A PATHETIC LIFE!

Re: The “Far left Liberal Privilege”

Nov 8, 2018, 8:11 AM

Lol. I did not attack anyone. I questioned the logic of your statement, in that it could be said about both Trump and Acosta. You, on the other hand, quickly chose to attack me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 8:17 AM

Very funny. Ha ha.
Your attempt to defend Acosta by convoluting his aggression with Trumps defense is the standard tool of the cynical thinker.

Now, go ahead and give me a 3rd TD on this comment.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:23 AM

For the record, you got one TD for the personal attack. I imagine you got the other TD from people who also don't agree with you.

at least you follow orders

Nov 8, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: The “Far left Liberal Privilege” ]

Just what I expected from a “Locked-step Leftist”!!!

Mindless sheep.

You can call him what you want...

Nov 8, 2018, 8:10 AM

But this is a disgrace in the name of the free press in America.

No American should support it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Darn.....it’s 7:17am here

Nov 8, 2018, 8:25 AM

I was going to get on here early and try to post first about why this wasn’t a fascist quashing of the free press so you could reply to me, but you got here first I see.

If you want to be a serious reporter, you don’t make yourself the center of the story time after time. Acosta is an ineffective reporter, period and he’s there to make the news, not gather it.

If a member of the administration had strongarmed a female the way Acosta did, battery charges would have been filed. Don’t take my word for it, look up the Lewandowski incident.

Acosta does a disservice to real journalists, although I see they’re already circling to make him a martyr.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Darn.....it’s 7:17am here

Nov 8, 2018, 8:28 AM

You are going to tell me you watched that video and think Acosta "strong-armed" her?

I'm not going to get into your other points if you can't watch that video and see she's the one who initiated all the physical contact.

You tell me what you're doing if some random chick runs up to you and keeps trying to grab something out of your hands.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Misogynist much???

Nov 8, 2018, 8:36 AM

“some random chick”...

...She’s an Intern fulfilling the duties of her job to move the mike to the next person The President selects, and everyone in there knew that.
I’m sure you did too, but thought your sexist remark would be overlooked.

She's someone's daughter!!!***

Nov 8, 2018, 9:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best thing to do would be to give the thing to her

Nov 8, 2018, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Darn.....it’s 7:17am here ]

that she is trying to grab, especially if it isn't yours.

Re: The best thing to do would be to give the thing to her

Nov 8, 2018, 8:55 AM

Just like when Trump tries to grab something that isn't his, just give it to him, he's famous, let him do anything.

Witty reference!

Nov 8, 2018, 8:58 AM

What’s it have to do with what happened yesterday?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Witty reference!

Nov 8, 2018, 9:36 AM

Looks like it is pointing out the double standard on the part of many Trump supports in this case. Maybe irrelevant to the actual incident but an apt observation nonetheless.

No double standard here

Nov 8, 2018, 9:38 AM

I think Trump is a world class a hole.

For double standards you might want to look at those who agree with me about Trump and yet act like Acosta was just a guy trying to do his job.

Re: No double standard here

Nov 8, 2018, 9:43 AM

Fair enough.

There are a lot of people out there however that want to excuse his every behavior and then go ape #### when someone else does even the slightest thing. Just wish people would be more consistent with the application of their moral outrage on every side.

we agree completely..***

Nov 8, 2018, 9:44 AM

uh, yeah, he swatted her away.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Darn.....it’s 7:17am here ]

What she was doing was SOP.....his response certainly was not.

He didn't swat her.

Nov 8, 2018, 11:15 AM

Swat implies an open-handed strike on someone.

Do you watch many press conferences?....

Nov 8, 2018, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Darn.....it’s 7:17am here ]

that's what that intern does...takes and delivers mic's to and from reporters.

When the POTUS tells you you're done multiple times and signals for the intern to get the mic, then you give her the mic.

It wasn't some "random chick" running up to him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the first press conference I've ever seen...

Nov 8, 2018, 12:31 PM

Where the intern tries to forcibly take the mic from a reporter to silence him.

ok...but we're clear it wasn't a "random woman"?***

Nov 8, 2018, 1:02 PM

Ok. Fine.

Nov 8, 2018, 1:04 PM

I'll rephrase the question: How would you react if the assigned intern hurried up to you to forcibly grab the mic out of your hands while you're talking?

me? I would sit down when I was told to by the POTUS***

Nov 8, 2018, 1:17 PM

I would, too.

Nov 8, 2018, 1:37 PM

I'm not a big fan of the President ordering him to sit down like he's talking to a child, but Acosta should have done it.

When the President tells you no more questions, and you

Nov 8, 2018, 8:27 AM [ in reply to You can call him what you want... ]

ignore him. Then he tells you to sit down, and you ignore him. I'm surprised he didn't kick him out on the spot. If Maxine Waters was President and said no more questions, I'd shut up and sit down. If she told me to sit down, I'd sit down.

He looks just as bad as Trump IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Acosta isn't Journalist of the Year.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:29 AM

But it doesn't matter. You don't strip the press of their credentials when you disagree, and especially with the made up lie that Sanders made up.

It bothers me that we’re talking about

Nov 8, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to When the President tells you no more questions, and you ]

A journalist who I never heard of before today being “as bad as Trump.” And people are debating the behavior of the journalist.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you haven’t heard of Jim Acosta?

Nov 8, 2018, 8:41 AM

You are in the minority, and he would be hurt.

Wait, is this one of those Prodigal “what’s an Xbox?” bits?

Honey don’t play that

Nov 8, 2018, 8:46 AM

For real, never heard his name before.

Homey don’t anyway

Nov 8, 2018, 8:50 AM

Don’t know what honey does

Lol! I wish I didn’t know his name, I think that

Nov 8, 2018, 8:54 AM

would mean he was doing a better job of being a journalist. It seems like the role is a bit like a ref in a football game....if people are talking about you, something went wrong. He really seems hellbent on being a celebrity.

I watched the whole presser yesterday....even a couple of the “hard questions” he asked had already been asked and answered, he was just stumping.

Re: It bothers me that we’re talking about

Nov 8, 2018, 8:46 AM [ in reply to It bothers me that we’re talking about ]

Jim is one of the favorites for the MAGA crowd. They love to boo him and chant "Fake News" at him at their rallies.

Agree that he was in the wrong yesterday and so

Nov 8, 2018, 8:17 AM

was the prez but we already knew he was a”rude, terrible person.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The key difference between Acosta and Trump

Nov 8, 2018, 1:16 PM

is that Acosta only grabbed her by the wrist.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic