Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 976

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 28, 2019, 7:50 AM

Friday night out to a quick dinner and beers.

Saturday, Sharkgirl had to work so I went about hanging some shelves in the laundry room and taking the old shower door off the tub.

Sunday a little more housework.

Monday, a small bit of house work. A whole lot of that station that shows murder investigations, and some grilled wings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hot but ok

May 28, 2019, 7:55 AM

Worked on the deck roof in the am
Watched a lot of tv in the pm

Got in a good visit with the in laws on Mem Day and the outlaws on Sunday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Great! In IOP last 7 days, had a blast

May 28, 2019, 7:56 AM

Didn't get to go to see DnC at Windjammer because family, but did see Josh Hewitt and The Dinghy.
Good times all around, restaurants, breweries, visited Angel Oak, bike rides, jet skis on Thursday.
Temp was very bearable at IOP thru Sun with ocean breeze constant, but Monday, packing and leaving was headed to 99. Glad for that to hold off!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IOP for 7 days, yet we got

May 28, 2019, 8:38 AM

0 pixelated ninja pics of whales on the beach?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

He never left the pool at the rent-a-house.

May 28, 2019, 8:40 AM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

LOL

May 28, 2019, 9:51 AM

I’ve owned since 2003...

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 28, 2019, 7:57 AM

wednesday - went to go see john wick 3. It was pretty good but not as good as the first two. lots of hand to hand combat and some interesting horse combat
thursday - sailed out of charleston on the carnival sunshine for a 4 day cruise. Weather was really nice out on the ocean and glad I got to avoid a few days of this 100+ degree heat
saturday - beach day in the bahamas
sunday - didn't do a whole lot except recover from too much drinking
monday - got back to charleston and did 4 days of housework I missed in a few hours. Not liking the heat here. forgot my wallet at the grocery store after I had a cart full of groceries so I had to go back home to get it then back to the grocery store to check out
Tuesday - I'm still feeling like I'm on a boat - I keep wobbling like I'm trying to get my balance. Also forgot my laptop on the way to work this morning. Still trying to adjust back to reality

May 28, 2019, 7:58 AM

Not great, but not bad.

Friday. Don't remember.

Saturday. Ate at Mellow Mushroom. Did not see MauldinT Then went to Cootlumbia. Walked around in the mall before going in to Dave and Busters. Did not see a SINGLE Gamecoot shirt. LOL. Drank beer and played games at D&B. Had fun.

Sunday. More painting in the house. Also made my first batch of bacon-burgers. Mmmmmmm. I bought a meat grinder (LOL) and ground a pound of bacon. Mixed that into 3 pounds of 80/20. It was goooood.

Monday. Cut grass. Chilled.

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

May 28, 2019, 8:09 AM

Went to Banner Elk where the high was 77F. Good stuff.

Did some boatin' yesserday. Hit the Clemson Marina. Looked for a gal on the nest but I guess Lakebum1®and bride weren't there. Cooked up a couple of Porterhouse steaks.

12/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Fantastic...

May 28, 2019, 8:12 AM

Friday we drove up to the farm in Hendersonville, NC. Traffic was not bad.

Over the weekend we went to Pisgah and saw a mom and cub. Drove the parkway and it was nice and cool. Blueberries are coming in so we picked those. Should be a good crop this year for blackberries, raspberries, apples, grapes and figs.

Also found an old bourbon barrel from one of my wife's cousins barns. They said we could have it.

10/10 would do again.

The heat yesterday pretty well did in half of my

May 28, 2019, 8:17 AM

blueberries. One plant still looks good but the berries started to shrivel on one. I was told they looked fine and got water on Sunday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome views***

May 28, 2019, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Fantastic... ]

Quite intense. Currently SIOAIT, if you can believe that

May 28, 2019, 8:13 AM

Friday - Don't remember
Saturday - Old friend came and hang out with me and otisboy and his kids. We drank at the pool and made cheeseburgers and hot dogs. Passed out on the couch.
Sunday - Otislady was traveling for a 'girls weekend' and got back around 3:00. Got pity laid.
Monday - Rest and remembrance. And alcohol. And taco salad.

Aggravating but also pretty good.

May 28, 2019, 8:22 AM

Friday: Went and test drove trucks. Went into it KNOWING what I was going to get. A GMC. Come to find out, the Ford f150 king ranch was way better. More features and drove/rode so much smoother and quieter. Like an idiot, I didn't look very thoroughly. Told them I only wanted a 4x4. They told me yep absolutely this is a 4x4. Decided to come back in the morning to take it to my mechanic.

Saturday: Get up early with father of, go get the truck (40 minute drive) take the truck back home for mechanic to inspect (40 minute drive). Get it up on the lift, not 4x4. I assumed wrong. Would be the perfect truck if not for the 4wd. Pissed off all the way back to the dealer (40 minute drive) and gave him a piece of my mind.

Friends came over that afternoon to play on the slip and slide and grill. Used Dave's sauce for the first time. Was good.

Sunday: Kids went to church. Went swimming and grilling at in-laws for MIL's birthday. She got lit. None of the children could tell. It was obvious to me. Had my first mixed drink in probably 3 years. Jack and ginger ale. Then crown apple and ginger ale. Really good.

Monday: Lazy day at the house. Parents came over for lunch and grilled. Went to the river in the boat that evening and found a sandy bank to let the kids swim while the adults drank. Dog had a blast running through the woods.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

LOL, just LOL @ you and truck shopping.***

May 28, 2019, 8:29 AM

If you're not hauling 10,000 lbs are you even a man?***

May 28, 2019, 8:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10,000 lbs of what?***

May 28, 2019, 8:35 AM

Re: 10,000 lbs of what?***

regret

Sparkling romance***

May 28, 2019, 8:41 AM [ in reply to 10,000 lbs of what?*** ]

That's roughly the amount of BS he spews in a day.

May 28, 2019, 8:45 AM [ in reply to 10,000 lbs of what?*** ]

I can see why he'd have a need for it.

Compost and shitpost.***

May 28, 2019, 9:09 AM [ in reply to 10,000 lbs of what?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10000lbs may be over kill.

May 28, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to If you're not hauling 10,000 lbs are you even a man?*** ]

I doubt your single-wide even weighs that much.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I was very casually truck shopping over the past couple

May 28, 2019, 8:37 AM [ in reply to LOL, just LOL @ you and truck shopping.*** ]

weeks. Reading reviews, checking prices online occasionally when something caught my eye.

I've just decided to wait out Flat Brim Coach's decision and do whatever seems the most opposite of whatever purchase he makes.

GMC with the 5.3. Can't go wrong. Especially if you

May 28, 2019, 8:42 AM

love for your truck to be in the shop.

I think its hit and miss.

May 28, 2019, 9:45 AM

I have a friend that has driven the crap out of his '15 Silverado and has 240K miles on it--no issues. Another friend has like 95K on his '14 Sierra and its fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

of course a slip n slide was involved. Just lol.

May 28, 2019, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Aggravating but also pretty good. ]

And the apple flavored licker. Just lol.

Yee Yee***

May 28, 2019, 8:32 AM

not knowing a truck is 2wd until you get it on a lift

May 28, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Aggravating but also pretty good. ]

Is like not knowing your date is a tranny until you get their clothes off.

Turn in your man card immediately.

As for the F150 > GM.......told ya.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure it's happened to

May 28, 2019, 8:58 AM

Tiggity® before.

Let's all settle back for story time.

Hate to burst your bubble, but......

May 28, 2019, 9:02 AM

no.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, yes you were right. ford's are far superior to the gmc

May 28, 2019, 9:09 AM [ in reply to not knowing a truck is 2wd until you get it on a lift ]

and chevy right now.

3.2L with the turbos is the ####. great fuel efficiency if you're driving down the road without a lot of stop and go.

Brother in law purchased a chevy silverado with the 5.3 back in November. He's already had it in the shop 3 times to change pistons, lifters, etc.

Drive a 6.2L .

May 28, 2019, 9:21 AM

What you said isn;t necessarily true.

And in the HD truck world, the F250 doesn't ride as good as my 3500, and it costs about 10K more. Also Allison transmission > anything ford.

I don't need anything that big

May 28, 2019, 9:23 AM

I can pull my house fine with a 3.2

Ram has all of them beat. Their interiors are amazing

May 28, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Also, yes you were right. ford's are far superior to the gmc ]

I had pretty much decided I was going to get a GMC or something different, but I've looked at them all, including the Tundra....Just can't beat a new Ram with a 5.7 Hemi. May not be as fast as the F-150 with the V6 eco boost, but it rides and drives a hell of a lot better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

couple q's

May 28, 2019, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Aggravating but also pretty good. ]

Does the king ranch have 4x4 on the side if it has 4x4?

Most of them say 4x4 in big ### stickers on the rear quarter panels of the truck and FX4 if you have 4wd with the upgraded suspension package. There's also a dial on the dash that has 2wd, 4H, and 4L. What did they tell you when you got back to the dealership?

According to my mechanic friend, just because it says

May 28, 2019, 9:06 AM

off road or whatever doesn't mean it's 4x4. A lot of truck companies are making everything look like a 4x4 but it's not. Like I saw a z71 that was 2wd. I thought all z71s were 4x4. Not anymore.

And there was a switch for the locking differential. Asked him if that's the 4x4. dealer said yep. I said are you sure because I don't see 4h or 4l on it. He said "yeah they don't do that anymore"

Both of us were fugging idiots

Re: According to my mechanic friend, just because it says

May 28, 2019, 9:31 AM

how many teeth did he have?

All of them. But some were blacked out which made

May 28, 2019, 9:32 AM

it hard to count

there's a dial on the dash 2H, 4H, 4L....

May 28, 2019, 11:53 AM [ in reply to couple q's ]

if it doesnt have that......it aint 4 wheel.

Plus the first thing I do when test driving a 4wd vehicle is put it in 4L and see how the differential sounds.

I disqualified SEVERAL Jeeps this way.

Meh.....not spatial really.

May 28, 2019, 8:34 AM

Saturday went with oldest to Frankie's Fun Park. He's finally big enough to ride the go-carts. Then off to EdVenture, then lunch at Grouchos. Afternoon went grocery shopping, and went and fixed mom's water, and bought her groceries. Saw dad and took him the Lindy's, Athlon, and Skteet and Smiff football magazines. He seemed in decent spirits. Also went to in-laws lake house to assess the damage from the kids of the other owner who had parties up there. Drank a few beers and swam to keep cool.

On way home from inlaws lakehouse a tree had fallen across the dirt road, evidently while we were swimming. Had to call in cousin-in-laws with a chainsaw. Removed tree and came home. Did about an hour of work Monday.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better than most

May 28, 2019, 8:37 AM

Fri - was a long time ago but pretty sure there were some redhead things involved

Sat - spent a little time across the river at Savannah River Brewing Company with some friends, then back in Aiken to eat and have a couple at Pizza Joint. Went down the youtube rabbit hole till the wee hours listening to tunes and drankin'.

Sun - cookout at brothers house with mom and his new brides family. Then to a buddy's house to hang out for a bit and drink a couple beers.

Mon - zoo with in-laws (MIL, FIL, SIL, 2 BILs). Looked like there was a redhead convention in town. Supper at Monterrey's in Cayce before heading back to Aiken, the burrito verde was terrific but no beers as I was driving back to Aiken. Pretty tired from being out in the sun so had a couple of beers, watched NCAA golf (when did Jack Leggett show up to coach our golf team?), and crashed.

Upcoming - North Dirty Myrtle this weekend at the family beach shack for a long weekend with mom and brother/SIL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Decent, but no partying for the TS

Spent all weekend studying for my AWS developer certification.

Did grill out with the leg. Simple chicken, and she made veggies.

Extra day off was nice. Little yard work done Saturday. Hot as hell yesterday.

Can't complain here

10/10....Two days and a wake up til retirement....'Nuff Said

May 28, 2019, 8:42 AM

Spent the weekend practicing how to be retired by hanging around the pool and playing golf (badly).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bought lottery tickets to say the same thing

May 28, 2019, 9:07 AM

no luck. Congarts!

Oh, great. Now we will have to endure daily updates about

May 28, 2019, 9:08 AM [ in reply to 10/10....Two days and a wake up til retirement....'Nuff Said ]

who is on Oprah.

Come on man, I don't have a case of the TXTF......you'll get

May 28, 2019, 9:37 AM

Jerry Springer updates - and you will enjoy them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 8:50 AM

Friday - Got haircut. Ate Mellow Mushroom by myself. I think I went to bed early, but not certain.

Saturday - Cut grass. Tore down the picket fence around my pool with plans to extend the patio and replace the fence with something nicer. Washed the 'Stang.

Sunday - Went to my brother's for his annual Memorial Day Pool Party. Got hammers. Apparently I made some crude comments to some females that I barely know and they got upset and left early. This is all hearsay. Something about a beer bottle in the ########. That sounds oddly out of character for a gentleman like myself, so I'm denying all charges.

Monday - Took the kids to the zoo. Was hot as hayyyyyyle. Bought some dog clippers to trim our doggo. Took a nap all afternoon and watched the Ted Bundy movie. Still not sure how that guy got soooo much more poontang than I did/do. ###.

7/10. Still hungover this morning, but a good restful weekend. Looking forward to a short week this week. Wood dew again, but maybe with less comments about sodomy.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Some good, some infuriating.

May 28, 2019, 9:01 AM

Friday, mowed and yard worked all day, got stung in the ear by one of Mrs. Tig's bees. THE EAR. Yeah...it hurts getting stung there. Went to RH Mom's and did a few chores over there, came home and put all the yard implements away, walked the pup, drank beers, watched TV until I could no longer stay awake.

Saturday, drank coffee, caught up on DVR stuff, did a few chores around the house. Grabbed a shower and then went to the music store and looked at a few bass guitars while one of my band members shopped for a new amp. Hung out there for a while, then went home and got something to eat. Loaded up bass and beer and went to LOUD rock and roll jam session. Lasted til about midnight, then went home and crashed.

Sunday, lazy morning drinking coffee, helped Mrs. do a few chores around the house and yard, got cleaned up and went to the 5:00 show at the Thirsty Beaver to see Sunny Ledfurd. Thirsty Beaver put out a free spread of burgers, dogs, BBQ chicken, pasta salad, etc so we ate there instead of going to Midwood Smokehouse after the show. Schlitz was $2, so ended up spending a grand total of $13.00 in beer and tips. Not bad to get buzzed and fed. I did, however, leave with this song stuck in my head for the remainder of the weekend...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1199PYa_ccA

Monday, was going back to the music store to sit down and evaluate Fender basses a little more closely, but woke up and had no cable and internet. Called my provider at 8:30 am, who said "we're not busy yet so we'll have someone out this morning". After waiting until 12 noon, I went to the grocery store and left the Mrs. to wait for repair guy. When I got back at 2:00, he had been there for 30 minutes, and ended up working on the problem until about 3:00. Got cable back (faulty box, glad I emptied the DVR earlier in the weekend), needed new amplifier on the side of the house, but there is a slight pixelation that he thinks is the actual coax wire and will come back this week to check since they were on a holiday crew yesterday. After he left, I went to dry a load of clothes, and the dryer is dead. Could be motor, could be a bearing. I can hear a hum but drum doesn't turn. Took wet clothes to RH Mom's and finished laundry, grilled burgers and dogs over there, hung around the pool and let pup run with Joonyer's and Sis' boyfriend's pups. Nice evening. Get home and realize the ice in the freezer looks a little melty and not fresh, haven't heard the fan in the freezer come on, so the fan I didn't replace when I replaced the compressor a couple of weeks ago is probably going to get done today.

Mostly good, but WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS MONDAY was almost too much to bear. I'm going to give the weekend a passing grade. D's get degrees, so I guess it was in the 70th percentile.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad

May 28, 2019, 9:06 AM

washed the grass a bunch of times (doing it now) to keep it from dying, hung at out at Sullivan's sand bar Saturday, went through the harbor the roughest I've seen it in a while, hung out with neighbors, watched a guy almost get arrested at Shem creek boat landing, road my bicycle all over the place, enjoyed the heat.

IOP (Cid Beach House) on Sunday, Dinghy...Reds Sundee nite***

May 28, 2019, 9:07 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Survived the weekend

May 28, 2019, 10:03 AM

Most boats I've ever seen on Hartwell. It was PACKED. Every variation of pontoon known to man was out there, from $500 to $200k. Had a wedding Sunday in Gville, got smashed.

Also saw what I later found out to be a 57' center console with quad 400's. Might be the longest boat on Hartwell, apparently it's the guy who owns Big Water marina. Was hilarious to watch him go down the Seneca river swamping everyone. Especially those pontoons with morbidly obese women on the front.

I drank so much over the weekend I feel like I'm barely alive today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quite relaxing. Thank you.

May 28, 2019, 10:44 AM

Friday - worked late-ish, didn't do anything after.

Saturday - got some work done early, took littlest APM to karate, piddled about the house, had a decent dinner. Very low key.

Sunday - one of APM's favorite days of any year - the Monaco GP! Woke up, made some espresso. Mrs. PAW made air fryer donuts, so APM had a "continental" breakfast appropriately, in the run up to the race. Watched LewHam hold off the field and win, then off to church. Got home, ate, watched the Indy 500, or at least most of it. The last 40 or so laps was the best racing APM has seen in a long time. Wow.

Sunday night Mrs. PAW and APM had a date. Ate Afghan food and had Thai rolled ice cream and boba tea for dessert. Mighta been some ##### involved too. Good stuff.

Yestidee - pretty lazy day. Went to the pool. Hung out. Took a nap outside on the deck after reading myself to sleep.

Overall, a rejuvenating and restful weekend. 10/10.

And of course, Dem Natties.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lotta Swimmin, Lotta Beers, Lotta sun, don't want to

May 28, 2019, 11:05 AM

work ever again.

I would say it was an 11/10 as the youngest turned 4 years old.

It's bikini season, bitches

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody needs to put a stop to these high waisted bikinis

May 28, 2019, 11:14 AM

Probably the most ridiculous female fashion trend I've seen since the mom jeans. Probably worse than that though.

Amen***

May 28, 2019, 11:16 AM

Saw a gal walk on the beach wearing cut-off

May 28, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Somebody needs to put a stop to these high waisted bikinis ]

high-waisted mom jeans. Only small waisted wimmens can get away with it

Lakebum1®

saw some dem at the pool - yuck***

May 28, 2019, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Somebody needs to put a stop to these high waisted bikinis ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I LOVE that style!

May 28, 2019, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Somebody needs to put a stop to these high waisted bikinis ]

--Frankie Avalon

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 11:26 AM

Friday: played golf.

Saturday: Played golf with Myfavjr., went swimming and to local restaurant.

Sunday: Church, dinner with mom and Myfavjr., Played PS-4 and lost big!! Swimming, grilled and watched race with jr.

Monday: took jr. back to him mom's for a couple of days. :( played golf and shot best on the back nine in my life; a 42.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good and long

May 29, 2019, 8:05 AM

Fri - Cut grass for 3 hours, went fishing in the river

Sat - Went to dad's on the lake for cookout

Sun - Church, made 100 water balloons, wife's family arrived in the evening and made beer can chicken

Mon - Played outside with kids in the morning, went to Mom's pool in the evening

Tues - McJr had to have a minor surgery to fix the hole in his ear from tubes. He was pretty upset upon awakening afterwards. This is a possibility after the tubes FBCoachSC®

Replies: 59
| visibility 976
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic