Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kids today have no loyalty anymore
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Kids today have no loyalty anymore

May 21, 2018, 12:45 PM

Used to be you'd give a recruit $150k or so and they would stick around and play for all 4 years. Now they want a lot more than that and then they either leave after a year (or less in some cases) or go to the NFL after 3 years. It's those goshdamd participation trophies that are ruining everything that's good about college football. Creating a generation of Benedict Arnolds. It's disgusting!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You'll be loosing points soon.

May 21, 2018, 1:02 PM

At least I hope.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Kids today have no loyalty anymore

May 21, 2018, 1:04 PM

Kids are the way they are because of parents not holding their children accountable anymore. A lot anyways.
Some kids are just bad kids

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back in my day

May 21, 2018, 1:08 PM

You'd get shot if you Crawfished a bet and called some1 a liar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Watch your ear, Creek***

May 21, 2018, 1:33 PM

Clemson

May 21, 2018, 1:14 PM

That's really enough. It's not even funny now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 21, 2018, 1:36 PM

Irrespective of age , the loss of " sticking with it " is a blight over all of the land .

I hope I made some sense , and I would explain in more detail how I feel about it but I have no desire to continue .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 21, 2018, 1:38 PM

10-4

They should quit quitting. That'll straighten 'em out***

May 21, 2018, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Kids today have no loyalty anymore ]

Clemson

May 21, 2018, 1:48 PM

What glory is there that you think sitting 3rd on a depth chart is? Being the loyal soldier and throwing away your future and never getting to start your dream as a great college football player so that a message board can pat you on the back. We all wish he would stay but he's making a tough decision on what he feels is best, you know nothing about him or his integrity so please keep comments like this to yourself.

I know plenty about him. He was a 5-star QB out of

May 21, 2018, 1:57 PM

a high school in Texas and ranked the #1 dual threat QB in the southwestern United States. He was originally committed to UT (University of Texas) but de-committed to commit to Clemson (where was the loyalty there?). He wanted to compete for the job and last year he played in 14 games as a true freshman, completing just over 92% of his passes even though he threw 12 INTs. This year it was going to come down to HJ and Cooper for the starting position but then Cooper transferred. And now, with everything on the line, HJ decides to transfer too? It makes no sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Congrats! You snagged a couple.

May 21, 2018, 2:02 PM

Make another pass and you’ll hook a few more.

Please do take off your orange colored glasses...

May 21, 2018, 2:06 PM [ in reply to I know plenty about him. He was a 5-star QB out of ]

and anything else Clemson that you may have acquired over the last “several years”. ALL IN. GO TIGERS!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^^ do not listen to this guu

May 21, 2018, 3:20 PM

Please, keep all your clothes on.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I know plenty about him. He was a 5-star QB out of

May 21, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to I know plenty about him. He was a 5-star QB out of ]

GWPTiger® said:

a high school in Texas and ranked the #1 dual threat QB in the southwestern United States. He was originally committed to UT (University of Texas) but de-committed to commit to Clemson (where was the loyalty there?). He wanted to compete for the job and last year he played in 14 games as a true freshman, completing just over 92% of his passes even though he threw 12 INTs. This year it was going to come down to HJ and Cooper for the starting position but then Cooper transferred. And now, with everything on the line, HJ decides to transfer too? It makes no sense.

You do realize he's from Indiana right?....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, he's from Texas. The One Star State

May 21, 2018, 4:42 PM

More specifically, Dallas, TX where the Alamo is located. Hth.

May 21, 2018, 2:00 PM

Kids are getting paid in bitcoin thru church donations now if you haven't heard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 2:08 PM

I firmly believe Dabo and staff have sat down with him and discussed where he stands in the pecking order Johnson is too talented to sit on the bench. He would be the Number One QB at most D1 schools. Some players mistakingly believe their talent level is above that it actually is and find themselves having to settle for transferring to a lower school. Johnson is a talented kid and should have no trouble finding a school which will welcome him with open arms. I wish him well where ever he goes. In spite of his transferring, I believe he will always sense a bit of orange blood coursing through his veins.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying he was just too

May 21, 2018, 3:03 PM

scared to compete for a job? That seems harsh Joe.

Re: So you're saying he was just too

May 21, 2018, 4:30 PM

No. I was not even implying he was afraid of the competition. Just the opposite. He realizes Lawrence is an excellent QB and his playing tome would be in mop-up duty. I would not be surprised if Dabo encouraged him to transfer so he can take full advantage of his talent. Johnson's level of talent is too good to ride the bench. Most of us on this board have often remarked that Johnson would be the starting QB if he had gone to one of the many other D1 schools. In some cases, I would consider a player transferring to another school a mistake but in Johnson's case, I believe it is the right move for him. I wish him much success.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hunter Johnson was a 5-star QB and according to some he

May 21, 2018, 4:50 PM

was the top QB in the country coming out of high school. You don't get there by shying away from competition. So for you to imply that he is scared to compete for the starting job...I just can't agree with you there Joe.

Re: Hunter Johnson was a 5-star QB and according to some he

May 21, 2018, 5:24 PM

Please read and try to comprehend what I have said. No where have I said or implied Johnson is afraid of competition.

Wow, Joe. I made my original post in jest, but for you

May 22, 2018, 8:00 AM

to imply this kid is scared of competition is taking it too far in my opinion. The kid came to Clemson, worked hard and gave this team a lot. And by all indications he's a good kid. Let's try to be respectful towards him here.

Re: Kids today have no loyalty anymore***

May 21, 2018, 2:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

May 21, 2018, 3:09 PM

See ya Hunter. You can kick rocks all the way to Purdue.

May 21, 2018, 3:39 PM

May 21, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Kids today have no loyalty anymore ]

lol how salty and pathetic do you have to be to come to a Clemson board because a kid didnt want to go to UT years ago.

What a pathetic loser.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 21, 2018, 5:22 PM

Okay, Nancy. Here's a timeline for ya:

1. Hunter commits to UT and "shuts it down"
2. Hunter visits UT as a commit with other big time prospects
3. Hunter recruits players over to Clemson as a UT commit during his visit
4. Flips to Clemson days later
5. Convinces Tee Higgins and Amari to leave state
6. Instate recruiting for UT has suffered since

Now, user Clemalum07, I know you see the world through your tangerine colored monocle and enjoy perpetually smelling your own farts all day, but please answer objectively:

You wouldn't be even the slightest bit salty if the above scenario happened to Clemson??

You'll have to forgive me for having a little laugh at his situation.

You know what was funny?

May 21, 2018, 5:31 PM

1. Lane Kiffin giving y'all the screw without even offering a reach around
2. That Dooley guy who came next and couldn't win games even though he wore orange pants, but watching him coach on crutches was worth the price of admission
3. Butch losing to USuCk and Vandy in the same year, causing you to go 4-4 but yet Vols somehow claim that by beating the dirtpeckers you would have magically been 6-2.
4. Life champions
5. A trash can on the sidelines
6. My personal favorite...that recent coaching search

Re: You know what was funny?

May 21, 2018, 6:11 PM

Following me around on every post. Sad.

You mean in the thread I started that you responded to?

May 22, 2018, 7:55 AM

You type fat, are you fat?

May 22, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Kids today have no loyalty anymore ]

So very salty....

lol what a pathetic loser.

No one gives two flying ##### about your tears over here.

Your Vols are garbage and have been so since we cut your ### in the Peach Bowl a decade and a half ago.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 21, 2018, 3:11 PM

BTW, I don't see how you tiger fans can be upset by this. He wasn't going to start for your team and was a big reason why Amari and Tee are tigers.

Nobody asked any Vol fans for comments

May 21, 2018, 3:26 PM

Maybe figure out how to compete in the SEC Least before you start worrying about us. K thx bye.

UT hasn’t been a factor in college football since 1998...

May 21, 2018, 3:30 PM

and that’s still better than SCU, the team they are fight for our transfers with.

... but I’m sure that’s about to change with their most

May 21, 2018, 3:32 PM

recent coaching hire, lol.

Re: UT hasn’t been a factor in college football since 1998...

May 21, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to UT hasn’t been a factor in college football since 1998... ]

"they are fight" ..?
Drinking at noon usually isn't a good idea.

Don’t bother changing it, I already took a screenshot.***

May 21, 2018, 3:37 PM

I guess you don't need to be a factor in college football

May 21, 2018, 3:40 PM [ in reply to UT hasn’t been a factor in college football since 1998... ]

when Butch Jones declares you a champion of life and carries a garbage can around. They couldn't even win a championship with Peyton Manning, and I still remember being in Atlanta watching Tommy freaking Bowden (a good Christian man) beat their inbred little rocky top arrsses

Re: I guess you don't need to be a factor in college football

May 21, 2018, 3:42 PM

stop dude... you're going to make me cry

Well to be fair I wasn't talking to you

May 21, 2018, 3:47 PM

But since you're still here, can you believe a guy that couldn't even make our top 2 on the depth chart would immediately be the starter over that Guantanamo guy y'all got? That's sad, too bad Butch didn't try to recruit Hunter.

Re: Well to be fair I wasn't talking to you

May 21, 2018, 3:50 PM

Sadly you have no idea what you're talking about

Oh I know exactly what I'm talking about

May 21, 2018, 3:57 PM

Several Clemson QBs > Hunter > Bentley > Guantanamo or Geronimo or whatever the crap his name is

Re: Nobody asked any Vol fans for comments

May 21, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Nobody asked any Vol fans for comments ]

Sick burn

Y'all scored 9 points on South Carolina last year. NINE!!!***

May 21, 2018, 3:42 PM

Re: Y'all scored 9 points on South Carolina last year. NINE!!!***

May 21, 2018, 3:45 PM

We scored zero on UGA!

Is it true y'all also lost to USuCk in 2016 when Bentley

May 21, 2018, 3:50 PM

was a 13-year old college freshman?

Re: Is it true y'all also lost to USuCk in 2016 when Bentley

May 21, 2018, 3:54 PM

Sadly that isn't true, well part of it is. I'm gonna have to ask you to try again.

Also what's with the USCe comparisons? Seems like some strange lil bro obsession you got there..

You're right, that's not fair

May 21, 2018, 3:59 PM

I should actually compare you to someone you can beat.

Re: Is it true y'all also lost to USuCk in 2016 when Bentley

May 21, 2018, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Is it true y'all also lost to USuCk in 2016 when Bentley ]

Also UT lost the East division because of that loss that year. I'm disappointed you left that out in your sorry troll attempt.

Clemson won a national championship in football that year

May 21, 2018, 4:01 PM

so please forgive me if I don't remember which team almost had a chance to win a division within their conference.

Re: Clemson won a national championship in football that year

May 21, 2018, 4:05 PM

Okay I'll forgive you just this once.

Wait a minute here...I just looked it up and saw that

May 21, 2018, 4:13 PM

you went 4-4 in conference that year, Florida went 6-2. So how did losing to USuCk and their 13-year old freshman QB prevent you from winning your division? I guess it's true what they say, if you can't get into college you might as well volunteer

Re: Wait a minute here...I just looked it up and saw that

May 21, 2018, 4:24 PM

Well if you would look a little deeper you would see why.

Up until the USCe game UT was undefeated in the division with wins over UF and UGA and losses to West opponents Bama and A&M. So, when we lost to USCe we lost the tiebreaker we had over the winner of UF/UGA and then the season took a turn for the worst with transfers and lost to Vandy at the end of the year. If we had only beaten Vandy then sugar bowl was possible, but nope. Sad times.

So to recap, you lost to USuCk and Vandy in the same year?

May 21, 2018, 4:33 PM

Has anyone ever done that before?

But the fact still remains that had you beaten USuCk, you would have been 5-3 and Florida still would have been 6-2. So please explain how losing to the dirtpeckers prevented you from winning the SEC Least. Or are you making an assumption that had you beaten them you would have also magically beaten Vandy?

Re: So to recap, you lost to USuCk and Vandy in the same year?

May 21, 2018, 4:40 PM

I can almost guarantee we would've beaten Vandy. We still had Butch Jones, who discovered many ways to lose games. A lot of air was let out the balloon after the loss to USCe.

Is this real?***

May 21, 2018, 4:51 PM

It would appear as though coot logic also extends into

May 21, 2018, 4:55 PM

Nashville, TN...home of the volunteers.

Look a Life Champion is posting on a Clemson Board!!!

May 21, 2018, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Kids today have no loyalty anymore ]

??????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amari, Tee and Johnson wanted to compete for

May 21, 2018, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Kids today have no loyalty anymore ]

championships is why they came to Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's right, Gawt Damnish_it !

May 21, 2018, 4:20 PM

It a privilege JUST TO BE HERE. This "play me or trade me" mentality has got to stop !!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

eh..just wait til they allow unconditional transfers

May 21, 2018, 5:29 PM

players will really spike then. Paying to keep em and paying to entice them. It'll be a meat market.

Loyalty is a two way street . . .

May 21, 2018, 6:18 PM

and in this business, it's tough to please everyone. Wouldn't you agree? So he was the high commit one year and the next, the school drafts another high recruit? In his view, where's the loyalty?? I did believe he would leave if Trevor is as good as it seems he is. The kid deserves to play, not sit. I just hope we don't have injuries and wish he was here.

We don't draft recruits, we pay them.***

May 22, 2018, 7:53 AM

You'll be consoled to know that...

May 21, 2018, 8:37 PM

becoming a grandmother isn't the end of your life. I'm attracted to most of the grandmothers who have continued to maintain themselves. There's always Bill, who is quite a stud according to reports, Henry over in the lounge and a few other old men around who may be interested in your company on occasions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic