Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#MeToo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

#MeToo

Jan 26, 2020, 7:12 PM

"He admitted that he 'held [the accuser] from the back' and that the sex lasted 'about five minutes.'"

He then proceeded to "settle" his claim with her and she refused to testify one week before opening statements in the criminal trial.

In other words, this rich basketball player paid his way out of life in prison or any other criminal punishment. How is this different from Brock Turner who is the "white privilege rapist?? IMO, its arguably worse.

Its tragic for the other 4 individuals but I, for one, won't morn for Kobe.

Kobe Bryant’s Disturbing Rape Case: The DNA Evidence, the Accuser’s Story, and the Half-Confession

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-bryants-disturbing-rape-case-the-dna-evidence-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #MeToo

Jan 26, 2020, 7:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you didn’t post that last week, why post it today?***

Jan 26, 2020, 7:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

frankly its disturbing the way people are

Jan 26, 2020, 7:37 PM

swooning over this rapist. They weren't swooning yesterday.

If his accuser hadn't backed away from testifying after a large payment of cash from Kobe, and if the news today instead stated "Kobe Bryant died in prison while serving a life sentence for rape", would the coverage be the same?

Sorry. I won't lose any sleep over a dead rapist.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he offered her a substantial amount of money to say

Jan 27, 2020, 3:51 PM

it wasn't rape and she accepted then is it really rape?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how long before you get BMeist to take this down?***

Jan 26, 2020, 7:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that makes zero sense

Jan 26, 2020, 7:40 PM

but par for the course

what happened to the other post?***

Jan 26, 2020, 7:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can only assume you and your ilk RA'd it because

Jan 26, 2020, 7:43 PM

you support the rapist.

I didn't RA or TD it. Who is my ilk?***

Jan 26, 2020, 7:55 PM

those, like you apparently, who are upset that

Jan 26, 2020, 8:00 PM

I'd call Kobe what he is on this, the day of his death.

I think this is a tragedy for a young man and his daughter..

Jan 26, 2020, 8:09 PM

his transgressions are between he and his Maker.

that's sweet. I expect you to be the first one with

Jan 26, 2020, 8:18 PM

condolences for the family and friends when OJ dies.

Look, maybe the guy asked for forgiveness with his maker who knows.

And maybe he did what he could to make right his wrong with his pocketbook (but never his voice)

Even if ... I don't see why its a national story with tears and all. There's a pretty resounding case that he raped a woman and paid his way out.

at least you have the moral high ground...

Jan 26, 2020, 8:30 PM

could you not find someone else even more hyperbolic than OJ?

we will anticipate your exposé on other individuals

The people crying about it aren't even half as bad

Jan 26, 2020, 8:34 PM [ in reply to that's sweet. I expect you to be the first one with ]

as the folks that like to go on internet message boards to tell people how crazy they are to actually have an emotional response that isn't vitriol. You are the reason millenials came up with the "OK Boomer" phrase. You're an irritable grumpy old ### that only seems to enjoy life when people post pictures of 19 year old girls in bikinis and then responds to it with "I'd spike it!". Take your head out of your vag for one day and realize this world has passed you by. You've already got one foot in the grave, and old man, these days are starting to fly by.

Cheer up. It'll make the rest of your life less miserable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats cute

Jan 26, 2020, 8:57 PM

I'm a millennial not a boomer

so in your immense wisdom and impeccable character...

Jan 26, 2020, 8:04 PM

independent of Kobe Bryant and whether or not he did these things...

1) What are the sins from which people incapable of recovering and finding forgiveness?

2) Are there any things that you have thought, said, or done that you were ashamed of and wish you could take back?

3) If there are, should you be defined by those things?

4) If people knew those things, would they still like you? (not a trick question)

Yep, sorry, but he really doesn't even deny it. In his own words...

Jan 26, 2020, 8:17 PM

while he was being questioned by the officers about the alleged sexual assault, Bryant said, “I should have done what Shaq does,” adding, “Shaq gives them money or buys them cars, he has already spent one million dollars.” The report added, “Kobe stated that Shaq does this to keep the girls quiet.”

Doesn't mean he wasn't a great player, but he was a first class scumbag. And that's a fact.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

exactly***

Jan 26, 2020, 8:19 PM

I am not defending or celebrating Kobe, nor did I see...

Jan 26, 2020, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Yep, sorry, but he really doesn't even deny it. In his own words... ]

anybody else saying anything more than it was a tragedy for a 41 year old man and his daughter to die like this.

Just seems to me an inappropriate time to appear to be saying "he got what he deserved."

dude its such a big story that they even dropped impeachment

Jan 26, 2020, 8:55 PM

coverage. MSNBC had rev. Al explaining the importance of this death for a certain segment of the community.

Neither I nor anyone else in here said he got what he deserved.

I'm talking about in the lunge....

Jan 26, 2020, 9:03 PM

I'd love for Sharpton to post in here. That would be fun.

well I'd agree with that!***

Jan 26, 2020, 9:26 PM

No, I understand. He's no different than Clinton or the Kennedys

Jan 26, 2020, 9:36 PM [ in reply to I am not defending or celebrating Kobe, nor did I see... ]

or Cosby or Weinstein or anybody else in that position. Men in power, or famous, or rich as sheit... they've always taken advantage of women. And yes, in many cases, the women were willing participants. It's a tough call... the classic he said/she said.

All I know is this - I've never had to ask forgiveness from God, or my family, or anybody else for something like this. It's simple... just don't do it in the first place. Then you have nothing to beg forgiveness for. We all know right from wrong. These kind of things aren't "a mistake". A mistake is locking your keys in the car, or calling an employee by the wrong name. LOL

Regardless of all that, yes, this is still a sad tragedy. He apparently got his act together and we heard nothing negative about him after that. And he will rightfully be mourned worldwide for his incredible talent and what he meant to the NBA and basketball in general.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s one of the hard parts of being a Christian.....

Jan 27, 2020, 8:26 AM

You may not have asked for forgiveness for what he did, but in the eyes of God, the transgression is no different than feeling envious over your neighbor’s new BMW or padding an extra $20 on an expense report.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I get it. But I have never bought into the "all sins

Jan 27, 2020, 10:23 AM

are equal" stuff. We'll just agree to disagree on that. Murder, theft, adultery, etc... and rape/sexual assault... those things destroy people's lives. I might cuss like a sailor, drink like a fish, and have taken every drug known to man in my younger days... but I'm going to trust my own gut instinct that God is smart enough to know where those rank in the big scheme of things. He knows my heart. And he knows that never in a million years would I ever consider grabbing a woman by the neck, holding her down, and effin the crap out of her.

Also never bought into the "Christian mulligan" as I've always called it. I can do anything I want, no matter how horrible, and if I go to church on Sunday and fall on my knees and ask forgiveness... hey, it's all good. I can go forward with a clear conscience and hold my head high. And immediately slide right back into a holier-than-thou attitude and look down my nose at others. You know, the "sinners" who drink or take a quick glance at the hot neighbor while she's doing yardwork. LOL.

Nah, we all know right from wrong... just do it. I have my own personal relationship with God. But I haven't set foot in a church in 25 years. And I'm OK with that.

A couple of things I'd like to address...

Jan 27, 2020, 12:24 PM

1. God's holiness dictates that he will punish sin the same, no matter what it is. There are greater consequences for sure for different sins.

2. The "Christian mulligan" you speak of is called licentiousness. Paul addresses that as basically those people are not believers that think like that.

If you would like to talk more about it, send me a tmail and I'll send you my number and we can talk. Just wanted to make sure a Christian's view point was expressed on those two instances.

Have a good day.

I’m not 100% on this,

Jan 27, 2020, 3:42 PM

But I’m pretty sure you just said I’m not a Christian.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a huge shortage of roofers and plumbers

Jan 27, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to No, I understand. He's no different than Clinton or the Kennedys ]

being sued civilly for sexual assault. Brick masons, and McDonald's workers too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, sorry, but he really doesn't even deny it. In his own words...

Jan 27, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Yep, sorry, but he really doesn't even deny it. In his own words... ]

There are nothing in his words about ###### someone. Paying to keep affairs and their love lives quiet. There are endorsements they need and they are often cheating on their wife or girlfriend as well. There is no proof he is a rapist.

Re: #MeToo

Jan 27, 2020, 3:48 PM

Time to give it a rest. He is gone. Does no good bringing up things in the past. By all accounts he had a great relationship with his daughters. I know nothing about how he and his wife got along. He died while taking his daughter to basketball practice. I'm glad he was a good father. Everyone has skeletons in their closet. I'd hate for my life to be an open book like most celebrities are.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic