Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow....great letter from some REAL liberals. It’s insane
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Wow....great letter from some REAL liberals. It’s insane

Jul 7, 2020, 7:02 PM

That it took any courage whatsoever to sign their names to this, but it did, and I applaud them. I hope their sentiments pick up some steam among their peers, because the current environment of growing intolerance is just unsustainable.

https://harpers.org/a-letter-on-justice-and-open-debate/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, that aught to work

Jul 7, 2020, 7:08 PM

merica is not a democracy

$1 to Neal Boortz

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Wish he’d come back***

Jul 7, 2020, 7:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, he just gives recorded snippets every now and then

Jul 7, 2020, 7:17 PM

Wish he would fill in for someone on wsb sometime during the day. But i guess he's done.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good twitter presence but it seems like he just

Jul 7, 2020, 7:22 PM

Chills out in Florida and vacations on his Prevost bus.

What you think of Von Hessler (sic)?

Jul 7, 2020, 7:19 PM [ in reply to well, that aught to work ]

I enjoy the show. Reminds of old Beck show before he went nuts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he didn't have Tim it would be boring af.

Jul 7, 2020, 7:21 PM

Autumn helps too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah they are really good***

Jul 7, 2020, 7:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love how EVH rails on his millenial producer...

Jul 7, 2020, 7:31 PM

all the time. He's good too.

I like it

Jul 7, 2020, 8:30 PM [ in reply to What you think of Von Hessler (sic)? ]

And it's on the funny side

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Tim and Autumn's impersonations are the best in the biz.***

Jul 7, 2020, 9:09 PM

His Trump is fantastic...

Jul 7, 2020, 9:20 PM

Love Paul Stanley...he has a couple duds, but for the most part they are great. Autumn’s got the millennial girl down

Miley Cyrus too! lol***

Jul 7, 2020, 9:28 PM

Boortz in the early/mid 90’s was awesome

Jul 7, 2020, 8:03 PM [ in reply to well, that aught to work ]

And Hannity was a young jerk....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh my! Liberals who understand what “liberal” means***

Jul 7, 2020, 7:09 PM

The people causing this ruckus aren't democrats and they...

Jul 7, 2020, 8:43 PM

certainly aren't liberals. We have a ton of democrats here who aren't liberals too. I took to calling them progressives (progs) because they have departed the central themes of traditional liberalism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow....great letter from some REAL liberals. It’s insane

Jul 7, 2020, 8:34 PM

They are summing up how I feel. I think the majority of liberal citizens agree throughout the nation.

You may be right, but they sure aren’t the ones

Jul 7, 2020, 8:37 PM

Getting the airtime unfortunately, and I don’t see people raising hellll and picketing these institutions that fire people for ridiculous reasons.

Some pretty strong names on that list.

Jul 7, 2020, 9:06 PM

Strongly encourage everyone on this board to check out the works of Johnathan Haidt and his studies of society, politics, and religion. Very eye-opening for all walks of life.

Little surprised David Brooks is on there, but kudos. I mean, the #### did call the populist movement in America about 15 years before it happened.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Agree. They have everything from thought leaders to Star

Jul 7, 2020, 10:17 PM

Power in the list. It gives me slight hope that there may be more resonance than if it were a bunch of wonky professors no one had ever heard of.

I would call them traditional liberals.

Jul 7, 2020, 9:38 PM

Those are the idea which I embraced in my youth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I embrace liberalism by definition now...

Jul 7, 2020, 9:48 PM

I’m all for the free exchange of ideas. Ideas should be allowed to succeed or fail. Then we learn.

That's not liberalism.

Jul 7, 2020, 9:56 PM

That's called civility.

"Liberalism" needs to be better defined on this board.

Jul 7, 2020, 11:49 PM [ in reply to I embrace liberalism by definition now... ]

And America in general. Because what that word is being attached to doesn't really fit the classical definition.

Although I suppose we could say the same of "conservative" lately.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Wow....great letter from some REAL liberals. It’s insane

Jul 8, 2020, 9:07 AM

The letter is good, but as a conservative (surprise!) I am wondering if it really means what most of us want it to mean.

Not sure they are citing their intolerance and canceling of conservatives as they are worried about lib-on-lib or prog-on-prog scenarios.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic