Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Settle an argument Jounge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Settle an argument Jounge

Sep 9, 2019, 10:24 AM

how many close friends do you have?

By close I mean you conversate and or hang out with more than 3 times a month? If they work with you, more than 20 times a month.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

lone wolf my man

Sep 9, 2019, 10:29 AM

i'd say a handful.

it's turned to neighbors by sheer convenience, but they are actually cool neighbors. we've weeded out the dweebs.

i don't see my OG friends that often even though most are still in town.

between them and your wife i will say 6

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 10:30 AM

my wife. Others come and go depending on the season. I have tailgate friends, beach friends, fishing friends, workout friends, etc.

I have some close college friends and we converse and hunt,fish etc together. But day to day its family.

I do not socialize with co workers. I am friends, but i have to keep a level of separation due to job. I have ZERO co workers as socail media friends. Strict policy on my part.

3 Times a month none. My close friends aren't in close

Sep 9, 2019, 10:31 AM

proximity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For example

Sep 9, 2019, 10:46 AM

I am in Raleigh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: For example

Sep 9, 2019, 10:50 AM

Thread hack.

You going to UNC game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I should have told you I was in Durham but really

Sep 9, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to For example ]

protected you from an awful person.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

0***

Sep 9, 2019, 10:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's kind of where we are

Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 AM

we have a couple who has a little girl that we hang out with on the weekends maybe twice a month.

That's it.

There is a couple across the road from us who have a girl my daughter's age and a son that's about a year and half younger than my son. They are so stuck up they won't even wave at us when we go by. Their little girl and my little girl wave at each other from across the road. Have invited them over plenty of times for the kids to play together. Nothing. Oh well.

Sucks because I would like for my kids to hang around other kids their age. Oh well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

We have some neighbors like that

Sep 9, 2019, 1:05 PM

We've named them the Raggedy Lady and Mr. Weeble Wobble. I have literally been face to face with them when I was going to get the mail one day and they were walking by the house....Wouldn't even acknowledge my existence. I waved, said hello, she just kept her scowl game strong and motored on past me. Pissed me off at first, but we've made waving to them a game now.

I cannot imagine living life like those kind of people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not my criteria for close friends. It should be:

If either one of you called the other at 2 am to pick them up from the side of the road to avoid getting arrested, do either one of you go? If the answer is yes for both, then you are close friends.

Not counting my dad, there are maybe 4-5 friends that i know would drop anything at anytime to help me if i needed it, and me for them. Some of them i haven't physically seen in a year. Doesn't matter how often you hang out.

that's a trick question

Sep 9, 2019, 10:33 AM

most of mine on that short list would be just as drunk as me, but I'm sure they'd send their wife

wife
kid #1
kid #2
kid #3

I aint got time for anything else and I am an admittedly shitty friend at getting back in touch.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

keep counting

Sep 9, 2019, 10:33 AM

where's the dogs at?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

The hell with them

Sep 9, 2019, 10:35 AM

dogs in heat suck, They will be my friends again next week.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with all them kids, i figured you lived for women in heat***

Sep 9, 2019, 10:39 AM

they suck too?

Sep 9, 2019, 10:39 AM [ in reply to The hell with them ]

Didn't know they performed oral also

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can I count jounge friends?

we kinda hang out

yeah, i talk about yall more than most everyone else

Sep 9, 2019, 10:34 AM

my crystal was glowing when Greenr and I liked the same photo on insta recently. I was all, see we do sort of know each other in real life.

Bruh

internet hugs

A couple......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGI6VZ8osww

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best friend

Sep 9, 2019, 10:41 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is this chick?***

Sep 9, 2019, 1:08 PM

Re: Who is this chick?

Sep 9, 2019, 1:14 PM

How many people post in the Lounge?

Sep 9, 2019, 10:50 AM

I “conversate” with y’all at least 3 times a month if not day.

4 people.......25 "personalities"***

Sep 9, 2019, 11:17 AM

I have 5

Sep 9, 2019, 10:58 AM

that I can truly call close friends. The 6 of us have been friends since grammar school. 4 of us went to Clemson together, 2 went to USC. Have stayed best buds for near 40 years now. We have been through it all together - marriages, births, deaths, everything in life. We've been in each others weddings and been pallbearers at our parents' funerals. We are a bit spread out now (Atlanta, Charleston, Clemson, etc). Saw 2 of the 5 this weekend at the game. We have spells when we don't get to see each other for a few months according to what's going on. But we're in contact weekly at worst, practically daily during football season.

We would all do anything for each other at any time of need. And have.
I feel really blessed to have lifelong friends like that.

I say a close friend is someone

Sep 9, 2019, 11:34 AM

whom I feel comfortable talking to about personal matters (i.e., not sports or the weather). The only person like that for me is my wife. And I'm not really that person for anybody else, either.

I didn't really set out trying to make it like that, it just is. I guess I'm just a guarded guy.

Why are you arguing with someone about who has more friends?

Sep 9, 2019, 11:42 AM

Shidarguement from a Shidposter.

sadly, 0.

Sep 9, 2019, 11:52 AM

This is one of the downsides of being a solo entrepreneur and living far away from good friends. I used to have a group of guys I met with weekly but we've since gone in different directions due to moving, age & stage stuff, work, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Settle an argument Jounge

Sep 9, 2019, 1:05 PM

Wife
both kids
brother
mom
dad
constantly text 5-10 times a day with 2 old clemson roomates and 3 or so friends from "back in the day", but we rarely see each other due to proximity
there are a few guys at work that I BS with multiple times a day, but only hang outside of work maybe twice a year
a cousin buddy of mine and I get together maybe 2x per month due to kids and jobs and shiit like that.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I'd say 2 or 3, but one of them just moved

Sep 9, 2019, 1:12 PM

So I doubt I'll see him much anymore. There are a few guys on the lake I'll run into from time to time, but they're more of drinking acquaintances.

It was funny though, I had a lot of friends when I lived closer to Clemson. Especially during football season. When I asked that they start chipping in to help pay for the parking pass they were benefitting from they seemed to disappear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic