Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thats just pathetic baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Thats just pathetic baseball

Apr 17, 2016, 4:13 PM

Bases loaded 0 out and we can't even get a basehit! 1 sac, 1 wild pitch freebee run, then 2 straight strike outs. We cannot beat a decent team not even 1 game! Miami 0-3 and its about to be 0-3 Louisville unless by some miracle. Sorry to be the realist here, but I'm seeing the same team as last year, error after error, choke after choke, bad pitching. We do not deserve to be ranked right now unless we can start pulling out a win here and there against ranked opponents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thats just pathetic baseball

Apr 17, 2016, 4:14 PM

And then you have Eli white with his 3rd error of the game. 6 errors now for the Tigers.

Apr 17, 2016, 4:16 PM

Have we got another SS available

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Apr 17, 2016, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Thats just pathetic baseball ]

It will take some time to correct the "errors" from the past. DABO didn't fix football in a year, let Monte have enough time to sink or swim

Apr 17, 2016, 4:18 PM

A coach can't fix a player that makes errors on routine ground balls.

Apr 17, 2016, 4:20 PM

I think the time has come to put defensive players out there even though they may not hit all that well. Defense miscues are costing us games big time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2016, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Thats just pathetic baseball ]

You may be right. If he cannot teach better fundamentals, he has to replace the player with someone better. He cannot replace the player if there isn't anyone on the team who is any better. I ain't the coach, just think he may have a better idea than us who is best for the position.

Apr 17, 2016, 4:38 PM

I have never said he should be replaced. I'm well aware Monte knows more than I do about his team.

Apr 17, 2016, 4:42 PM

Monte has done some questionable things today. Krall shouldn't still be in this game and some of our key starters are on bench for in the 9th...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 17, 2016, 4:47 PM

No way I would have pitched to Ray in that spot. He's one of the best hitters in the country.

Apr 17, 2016, 4:48 PM

so many out of work coaches on Tnet these days

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2016, 4:53 PM

Yeah, so weird to suggest pitching around one of the best hitters in the country.

Apr 17, 2016, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Thats just pathetic baseball ]

Lol out of work coaches? He's right.

It's common sense...winning run in scoring position with their best hitter up and a base open? Walk him any day of the week. Bring in Andrews to face the righty on deck...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 17, 2016, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Thats just pathetic baseball ]

Yeah that was stupid with a pitcher he has seen 2 times that was out of gass.
But I guess Nobody else in the pin can throw strikes.

yes you can with time and practice***

Apr 17, 2016, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Thats just pathetic baseball ]

Re: yes you can with time and practice***

Apr 17, 2016, 6:50 PM

I think in time Monte will get his kind of players in here and we will be OK. Like the fellow said above, Dabo took a year or so to get things rolling. Batting wise we do some great things, but on the opposite side it comes as no surprise we have work to do there sooner than later if we expect a regional. Just imagine if we signed a few good starting pitchers this year.

Apr 17, 2016, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Thats just pathetic baseball ]

Dabo put Clemson in the ACC championship game for the first time ever his first full season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2016, 4:29 PM

Same as last year
Same players
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit
Until Monte gets his players here you going to see the same thing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Coots aren't a decent team, you're right***

Apr 17, 2016, 4:30 PM

Clemson

Apr 17, 2016, 4:56 PM

We have not played well on the road this season and have to start winning some of these road games....errors and double plays have really hurt us.....fielding has to get better because really no excuse for all those errors......bunting is not ALWAYS a bad thing and we NEED to bunt to move runners over in certain game situations which would help keep us out of some of these rally & inning killing double plays......but overall we are 24 - 12, won series against the coots, and better than we were last year......Go Tigers!!!!!

Re You are not going to beat good teams when you give them

Apr 17, 2016, 10:46 PM

extra outs. We are hurting in several areas: pitiful infield, pitching which is mediocre at best, no speed on the base path and others. Some won't like it but our catcher is no All American by a long shot. Lee did not get us in this predicament: Leggett did. This team will be hard pressed to win half of the remaining games. i hope I am wrong.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic