Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone see the new Bama article on front page of ESPN?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Anyone see the new Bama article on front page of ESPN?

Oct 29, 2018, 3:12 PM

“This may be the best Bama team ever”

Guarantee that narrative changes if we beat them in the playoffs. The excuses will start to come out and no longer will they be considered the best Bama team to ever be fielded.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN Knows LSU Could Beat Bama And Need to Plant Seeds

Oct 29, 2018, 3:22 PM

to then super elevate LSU. LSU is better defensively and at home, Tua's knee is still suspect and LSU will hit him. You might see Hurts before this game is over and not in garbage time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama is going to boatrace LSU

Oct 29, 2018, 3:28 PM

LSU will is a double-digit (14 point) home underdog to Alabama.

It won't be that close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That’s funny, I thought last years team was supposed to be the best

Oct 29, 2018, 3:34 PM

And the team before that was the best ever, and so on.

I thought they were supposed to be playing NFL teams by now

Re: That’s funny, I thought last years team was supposed to be the best

Oct 29, 2018, 3:40 PM

Not so fast my friend! Bama is a great football team and I don’t need ESPN to convince me. They will beat the faux Tigers by thirty points. All the real Tigers want is a chance and I’m thinking that will happen. I’m not sure I can handle another New Orleans kind of game but I’m quickly becoming convinced that TL can give them a better game. How I wish that game could be played in the real Death Valley! Go Tigers
Join IPTAY

Re: Anyone see the new Bama article on front page of ESPN?

Oct 29, 2018, 3:36 PM

They say it every year. The 2016 team was the best before Clemson humbled them. I think the ending may turn out the same way this year.

Oct 29, 2018, 4:36 PM

Regardless of what the pundits said, I thought that their 2016 team was the best team Saban had ever had even though we beat them. I thought that their team last year was worse than 2016, but I do believe that this year's team is their best yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water is wet. The sky is blue. ESPN thinks bama is awesome***

Oct 29, 2018, 3:36 PM

GO TIGERS!!

Oct 29, 2018, 3:59 PM

One things for certain, they've never had a prolific offense like this under Nick Saban. They'll blow the doors off LSU this weekend like they always do.

Oct 29, 2018, 4:27 PM

They absolutely have. This is not the first high powered offense Saban has fielded, although I would argue it is the first where the QB was the dynamic threat. Every other Saban offense has been about the OLine and the skill positions, with a carefully groomed, average talent QB managing the game with Saban whispering in his ear.

This is the first ever Saban team with an offense that is entirely focused on the dual threat QB.

Saban doesn't invent and improvise. Instead, he identifies mismatches and exploits them. The unique thing about him is, he uses what other teams used to beat him.

For years, Saban's style was old school, balanced, game management. Then comes along Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Clemson, who rip Bama apart with high speed, dual threat QBs.

What does Saban do?

He adopts the offensive style that kicked his butt for 4 years straight.

Maybe offensively, although, it has been against inferior

Oct 29, 2018, 4:32 PM

competition. This is definitely not the best Bama defense ever. Just typical ESPiN hype.

Oct 29, 2018, 4:33 PM

I completely agree with them that this may be the best Bama team ever. Their defense has taken a step back, but their offense is head and shoulders above anything Saban has ever had. If they lose in the playoff then of course the narrative will change, but you can only assess what they have done up to this point.

It's possible to credit Bama with potentially having their best team ever while at the same time believing that we could possibly have our best team ever as well. It almost seems inevitable that we will meet again in Clem-Bama IV, but in the championship game again.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic