Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney and the Clemson Blue Devils...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Clowney and the Clemson Blue Devils...

Dec 20, 2012, 12:15 PM

I guess some Tiger fans have now positioned the school as the new Duke to justify what is happening on the field. However, the same group would have chewed off their left arm to get Clowney – and if he had chosen their school there’s no doubt he’d be playing every snap. Moreover, there's plenty of players on both sides of the field which each school went after with high intent.

As far as Clemson significantly separating themselves overall as a higher learning institution, I offer you a recent NY Times article which has SC graduates ranked ahead of schools like Vanderbilt and Notre Dame:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2012/10/25/world/asia/25iht-sreducemerging25-graphic.html?ref=asia

With that said, both are quality institutions. But those who think the reason why they are on the losing streak is due to new-founded educational integrity, might want to think again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney and the Clemson Blue Devils...

Dec 20, 2012, 12:56 PM

As a close friend to the Clowney family here in RH I can tell you this about him and his choices. His choice boiled down to one thing and one thing only, playing time. Problem with him playing @ CU was that he wouldn't have his first year. Not because he wasn't good enough because we have all seen how good he is. It was an academic issue and by word of his mother he had to go to juco in order to "safely" enroll at Clemson. It's all about buying into Clemson and he didn't because if he did he would be here this year. This post is not written to spark anger or to be a slam session on Clowney because he really is a good kid. His only flaw as a person is that he is now forever tied to that crap school. Anyway.....

GO TIGERS!!!!

Dec 20, 2012, 12:57 PM

and Alabama was NEVER in the picture

Dec 20, 2012, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Clowney and the Clemson Blue Devils... ]

A good buddy of mine here at work, his girlfriend's sister's husband golfs with this guy who used to live next door to Clowney's grandma. Straight from the grandma's mouth, Clowney only considered Clemson because of the awesome ice cream made on campus.

Dec 20, 2012, 1:04 PM

Actually, if he had chosen Clemson, he never would have been admitted. He'd have been Juco-bound because he wouldn't have even qualified for prep school. Shove it up your coot butt, troll.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

That's for international hiring

Dec 20, 2012, 1:05 PM

we all know the Sakerlina international business degree is a very good program. If the companies polled had been limited to the US, I bet the results would've been vastly different.

Lol! Thanks for making my day, coot!

Dec 20, 2012, 1:31 PM

If you think South Carolina is a better institution of learning that Vanderbuilt because you are ahead on one subjective list, you are as dumb as I think you are! I am a Clemson Grad '96 and a USC Moore School Grad '03, and I can tell you, Clemson is light years ahead of SCAR on the academic front.

We are talking about admission standards here. SCAR has none and Clemson does. The sad thing is, we kicked your tail for years with better students, but now it is having an effect. Roids and HGH the SEC is rampant with doesn't hurt, either.

Re: Lol! Thanks for making my day, coot!

Dec 20, 2012, 1:44 PM

You are so right, but the coots are so desperately trying to grab onto any scenario that shows they might have a schintilla of academic credibility that it gets comical hearing them try to make chicken salad out of, well, you get my drift.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol! Thanks for making my day, coot!

Dec 20, 2012, 1:48 PM

Word spelling typo. Should have been scintilla. Sorry for the typo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

U.S. News has them as a "3rd tier" school. I went to grad

Dec 20, 2012, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol! Thanks for making my day, coot! ]

school there cause the MBA does have some credibility, and it was cheaper and closer than Clemson.

Clemson is much better academically than South Carolina

Dec 20, 2012, 1:58 PM

and that has nothing to do with the current losing streak.

Clemson is a top 25 public school, while South Carolina is a second-tier public school for average students. Your survey doesn't really tell you anything, since, by the inclusion of so many foreign universities ahead of much better American universities, you can tell a large part of the reason for a school's ranking is its location rather than its academics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is much better academically than South Carolina

Dec 20, 2012, 2:47 PM

> and that has nothing to do with the current losing
> streak.
>
> Clemson is a top 25 public school, while South
> Carolina is a second-tier public school for average
> students. Your survey doesn't really tell you
> anything, since, by the inclusion of so many foreign
> universities ahead of much better American
> universities, you can tell a large part of the reason
> for a school's ranking is its location rather than
> its academics.

Top 25 public school? Come on, man. You know better than that. Who says so? That has-been news mag rag, US NEWS & WORLD REPORT? LOL! They've been members of the periodical walking dead for 30 years!

44, Clemson is clearly academically superior....

Dec 20, 2012, 3:35 PM

and has been for a very long time. We are not the Harvard of the South.....but we are more highly regarded than USC. Congrats on getting Clowney....we would loved to have him, and despite what many here say, we would have found a way to admit him. I would go so far to say that he's the best defensive player ever to play in this state. I'll be glad when he's gone...

Dec 20, 2012, 2:09 PM

That is because Walmart and McDonalds were used fore the industry input.

Dec 20, 2012, 2:57 PM

Wow - I guess should have thought this out more:

1) We're only talking about the top companies from the top 20 countries in the world...what tunnel vision.

2) Only each of the Top US Universities are represented in this silly study including 6 of the Top 10.

3) It is probably more focused on the global Business industry versus something like Agriculture.

4) It was published 6 or 7 weeks back so clearly it's dated material.

5) And finally, it was run by that rag - The NY Times. When do they publish studies of high relevance?

My Apologies - In retrospect, the only reason Clowney is able to ride Tajh like a Bronco year after year is because of illusions like this. :)

You are so right.

Dec 20, 2012, 3:25 PM

Clowney is a Rhodes Scholar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

LOL...bless your deluded ignorant little heart***

Dec 20, 2012, 3:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic