Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN analyst predicts Clemson in the CFB playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN analyst predicts Clemson in the CFB playoff

Oct 22, 2015, 1:11 PM

ESPN analyst predicts Clemson in the CFB playoff

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst predicts Clemson in the CFB playoff

Oct 22, 2015, 1:17 PM

He is wrong. We beat Baylor, too on the way to the NC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2015, 1:29 PM

Baylor and Clemson appear to be the stronger teams to me. I think Baylor should have the #1 seed and we should be second. At least that's how it looks now.

One more loss and Bama won't have a conference championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2015, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst predicts Clemson in the CFB playoff ]

He is wrong about Alabama making the final 4. They will lose again and will not even play for a conference title.

That's exactly how I

Oct 22, 2015, 1:23 PM

Saw it back August. Except I have the Tigers winning the playoff.

Bama won't beat either of the three teams is his bracket.

Oct 22, 2015, 1:25 PM

Spread teams with any sort of D can handle Bama. I suspect he's right about the seeding. The POC won't seed Bama against Baylor or Clemson. Right now OSU is the perceived weaker of the three and I fully expect Bama's to get what ESPiN believes is the easy path.

Taking either Baylor or Clemson out increases Bama's chances to win it all by a huge portion.

If Bama makes the final then the SEC gets a huge chunk of the playoff money win or lose. You've seen the math.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think Bama makes it to the playoff

Oct 22, 2015, 1:27 PM

It's either LSU or no one from the SEC.

Utah
Clemson
Baylor or TCU
Ohio State

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think Bama makes it to the playoff

Oct 22, 2015, 1:32 PM

That's bold. ESPiN would have you tarred and feathered for such heresy.

Not sold on LSU going undefeated...

Oct 22, 2015, 1:36 PM [ in reply to I don't think Bama makes it to the playoff ]

They have yet to play Bama, Ole Miss, Texas A & M, and the winner from the SEC East...

If the RB remains healthy, they have an outside shot.

LSU isn't worrying about his health...

Oct 23, 2015, 9:36 AM

they just hope he doesn't die of old age before the season is over.

Re: I don't think Bama makes it to the playoff

Oct 22, 2015, 6:50 PM [ in reply to I don't think Bama makes it to the playoff ]

Utah will not go undefeated...they'll likely lose this weekend but have 2-3 other games that are very losable for them.

I don't see how he comes up with a seeding of us #2 & Baylor

Oct 22, 2015, 3:57 PM

#3. since both would likely have to bee undefeated, and Baylor has yet to play TCU, OK, OKSt. I would guess if Baylor finishes that strong, they will probably be ahead of us, since the ACC is so "weak". But hey, I'm not complaining, as long as he are in, #4 seed is fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see how he comes up with a seeding of us #2 & Baylor

Oct 22, 2015, 4:01 PM

Probably due to lack of Big 12 championship game. He is assuming that the committee will put more emphasis on a 13 win team over a 12 win.

And since Bama has already lost once, it would be Ohio State 13-0, Clemson 13-0, Baylor 12-0 ahead of the mighty sec champs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2015, 4:13 PM

I wonder what kind of rate of accuracy the ESPN analyst has?

all this talk on here about who everyone thinks is in & not in

Oct 23, 2015, 7:20 AM

Is all grand but im just super stoked that Clemson is finally getting the love they deserve. They are showing the world that you dont have to be a "big name SEC team" to make some noise around the country. Hood for the Tigers & good for the ESPN people with their SEC blinders on to see past & through it to notice the Tigers for who & what they are. Go Tigers!!

Don't let ESPiN fool you.

Oct 23, 2015, 9:39 AM

They are systematically proving the have no SEC bias. Check their programming and see how much is dedicated to the SEC then get back to me with their predictions.

Half the season was spent with many of them having two SEC teams in their playoff projections. That violate everything the POC says about the weight of conference championship winners.

This is the Kiss of Death.

Oct 23, 2015, 9:25 AM

I prefer flying under the radar screen.

That's tough to do when you go undefeated.

Oct 23, 2015, 9:41 AM

It gets tougher and tougher each week.

Re: This is the Kiss of Death.

Oct 23, 2015, 2:50 PM [ in reply to This is the Kiss of Death. ]

Are you serious??? You can't fly under the radar when you are really good. Get used to Greatness.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic