Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GAO says Trump broke the law by withholding aid.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 914

GAO says Trump broke the law by withholding aid.

Jan 16, 2020, 11:15 AM

Therefore, the GAO is part of the Deep State swamp.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/politics/gao-report-administration-violated-law-withholding-aid/index.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would begin thinking about how you are going to react

Jan 16, 2020, 11:21 AM

when he is elected again and you have 4 more years to complain. Cause it seems as if you all would be exhausted by now. Take a deep breath.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've already accepted it's going to happen.

Jan 16, 2020, 11:23 AM

Now what? I'll keep pointing out all of the stuff you guys should have a problem with if you had any scruples or ethics. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ethics question - Quid pro quo related

Jan 16, 2020, 11:29 AM

Is it ethical for Congress to pass a budget for federal funding to all 50 states, where they threaten to withhold the funding (or large portions) IF the state does not pass a law Congress wants every state to pass? Even if the state's voters and legislature may be opposed to the law?

IF you don't pass this law in your state legislature, and your governor signs it, THEN we will withhold federal funding we had promised to your state. Furthermore, IF a state passes the law we request, THEN they get their full funding.

Scrupulous? Ethical?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know, but it's the way gubmint works, and

Jan 16, 2020, 11:36 AM

always has. Quid pro quo every day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oh, gotcha, that's the exact same thing.

Jan 16, 2020, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Ethics question - Quid pro quo related ]

Congresspeople are personally benefitting by withholding those funds. Nailed it.

Oh no, that's with foreign aid.***

Jan 16, 2020, 11:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ethics question - Quid pro quo related

Jan 16, 2020, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Ethics question - Quid pro quo related ]

That is ethical as long as the law is for the public good. The Federal Govt. withheld highway funding from states who refused to drop the max speed limit down to 55 back in the 70's. The law wasn't for the personal political benefit of the President so it was ethical.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't understand the 3 branches of government and

Jan 16, 2020, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Ethics question - Quid pro quo related ]

their roles according to The Constitution.

Republicans have lost their way. They'll just say anything regardless of its relationship to the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At this point I don’t even care

Jan 16, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to I've already accepted it's going to happen. ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not think it is a matter of scruples or ethics

Jan 16, 2020, 11:50 AM [ in reply to I've already accepted it's going to happen. ]

with the trump peeps.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, everyone is stupid.

Jan 16, 2020, 1:53 PM

Unless they believe what you do.

I STILL just can't figure out why Hillary lost.

she didn’t use the help of Russia and/or the Ukraine

Jan 16, 2020, 2:17 PM

Try and keep up.

Re: Yeah, everyone is stupid.

Jan 17, 2020, 5:11 AM [ in reply to Yeah, everyone is stupid. ]

that, and every woman who does not smile at me is a lesbian . you so get me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would begin thinking about how you are going to react

Jan 17, 2020, 7:12 AM [ in reply to I would begin thinking about how you are going to react ]

tigermanac...

I think Trump wins again for sure. That said, you don't mind the guy being a fraud and playing you for a fool? Believe me, I am not saying you should vote Dem, but Trump is a fraud and a charlatan. I hope you down deep know that. He still.may be the best option, but he is full of dung 90% of the time.

A lot of my Republican friends make that same lame

Jan 17, 2020, 9:52 AM

rationalization of their support of Trump. Like they have no choice but to support the most corrupt politician in their lifetimes.

Re: A lot of my Republican friends make that same lame

Jan 17, 2020, 3:00 PM

What's sad is that they dont realize he thinks they are morons. He is basically just following a cliche ######.

BOMBSHELL!***

Jan 16, 2020, 11:28 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Republicans view Trump's corruption as a badge of honor.

Jan 16, 2020, 11:55 AM

Everybody else sees it for what it is.

This will not end well for the Republicans.

I Nancy waking those AoI over today?

Jan 16, 2020, 11:59 AM

Maybe next week? Whenever she gets around to it?

Did you just have a stroke?***

Jan 16, 2020, 12:00 PM

Yes, I did.

Jan 16, 2020, 1:47 PM

I just can't type while doing 2 other things.

I'm assuming by your virtual backflips that Nancy finally decided that Trump was enough of a threat to the security of the United States to get the AoI over to the senate...5 weeks (was it 6?) later.

Given all of the additional evidence and Bolton's statement

Jan 16, 2020, 1:56 PM

about his willingness to testify(and that Rachel Maddow interview with Lev Parnas), it's obvious the delay was a stroke of genius by Pelosi.

The Constitution of the US will rule the day(and Republicans will rue the day) before all is said and done.

Let's hope that it does.

Jan 16, 2020, 2:03 PM

And that Democrats don't get their way through the courts, but that the elections are upheld.

There is the thing called The Constitution, unfortunately

Jan 16, 2020, 2:07 PM

for you and your ilk.

You may not be familiar with it. It spells out the separation of powers and what impeachment is and who has the power.

I would encourage you to read it.

You guys are delusional

Jan 16, 2020, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Republicans view Trump's corruption as a badge of honor. ]

As we move through the 3rd Impeachment trial in our history

Jan 16, 2020, 12:14 PM

and subsequent election, we're going to find out exactly who is delusional.

Now click your heels together three times and repeat "There's no place like home"...

Well let’s see genius

Jan 16, 2020, 12:23 PM

You may want to diversify your "info" sources.

Jan 16, 2020, 12:26 PM

You seem a bit misinformed.

Let me know if you have trouble interpreting

Jan 16, 2020, 12:31 PM

Now, let's look at the growing support for impeachment as we

Jan 16, 2020, 1:21 PM

move into the trial and presentation of witnesses, documents and testimony, much of which has been blocked by the blanket obstruction of the White House. Notice the growth in support of impeachment among Democrats and Independents(and even Republicans) after Pelosi announced the impeachment inquiry - the number of independents that support impeachment has gone from one third to one half.

So, as we move into the trial phase and more witnesses and evidence is produced, the support for impeachment and removal among independents will only grow.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/impeachment-polls/

What did Americans think about impeachment 5 weeks ago?***

Jan 16, 2020, 1:48 PM

Exactly what the founders/authors of the constitution

Jan 16, 2020, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Well let’s see genius ]

feared.

- H. L. Mencken

If they feared impeachment, why put it in The Constitution?

Jan 16, 2020, 3:19 PM

They answered that question. They did it because they feared a president would use illegal means to attain the presidency.

That is exactly why the founding fathers put impeachment into The Constitution.

You should have known that.

Re: If they feared impeachment, why put it in The Constitution?

Jan 16, 2020, 3:30 PM

You either totally misunderstood or misconstrued

Jan 16, 2020, 4:37 PM [ in reply to If they feared impeachment, why put it in The Constitution? ]

what I was talking about. They feared a totally partisan impeachment, where one party that was in "power" imposed their partisan will. They knew that impeachment should be bi-partisan, when the high crimes and misdemeanors were so egregious, so obvious, and so undeniable that partisanship wouldn't factor into it. This totally partisan, purely political stunt we are witnessing is exactly what the founders feared.

Point being, it wasn't impeachment they feared; but they rightly and very wisely feared it being abused.

Message was edited by: Smiling Tiger®

- H. L. Mencken

They didn't anticipate a party wholly complicit in the

Jan 16, 2020, 4:47 PM

corruption of a president, a party that refused to follow their oath of office and their Constitutional duty.

First the Mueller Report and now The GAO report today should give you some guidance as to the unprecedented nature of this President's duplicity and ongoing corruption. The blatant partisanship of the Republican Party in their complete refusal to hold a corrupt president accountable is how history will remember this.

You know he's a corrupt POS. Everybody knows it.

I understand many people feel that way.

Jan 16, 2020, 5:00 PM

I'm not one of them. There has been open, public wailing and gnashing of the teeth since the moment dems didn't get their corrupt POS elected. The screams for impeachment started immediately, before any investigations or charges. Way before Mueller. The butthurt can't be separated at this point from anything that may be legitimate, and is ultimately what drives this. If he's corrupt, bring the charges and let's settle it. That's what is about to happen, and we all know what the outcome will be. The outcome has never, ever been in question. The system will work, and the dems will be losers again, and the butthurt will continue. It's not even remotely about morals and ethics for the dems, nor about the constitution.

- H. L. Mencken

Do you think the GAO and Mueller are "butthurt?"

Jan 16, 2020, 5:19 PM

Even if the nonsense you wrote was true, it wouldn't change the facts about Trump's own actions as President. He's the one who committed impeachable offenses, nothing was planted on him or made up against him. He's admitted to the offenses, only he calls them "perfect" and his cult nods dutifully and pretends like this whole think is a sham. It's embarrassing.

History will not be kind to you you guys and the quicker you realize that Trump is destroying your party, the better for you guys.

No, but they aren't driving this by a long shot.

Jan 16, 2020, 7:15 PM

Everything I wrote is true, and Trump will remain in office and be re-elected because the system will work like it always has.

- H. L. Mencken

okay***

Jan 16, 2020, 9:24 PM

By "everybody" I guess you mean the half of the country

Jan 16, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to They didn't anticipate a party wholly complicit in the ]

Re: You guys are delusional

Jan 16, 2020, 5:54 PM [ in reply to You guys are delusional ]

T3Tiger said:

Unless you find a way to change the composition of the Senate, this is going nowhere. DOA. Stock market at another all time high today. Four more years.

So you saying that in spite of known and potentially unknown evidence of a crime, the Republican led Senate will ignore all of that and acquit him?

Don't think so. Every Republican in the Senate isn't a hack like Lindsey. Some have actual ethics.

you guys used to LOVE Graham until

Jan 16, 2020, 6:08 PM

Republicans still hate Lindsey because they think he's gay?

Jan 16, 2020, 6:17 PM

Or have they come around on him.

That's crazy considering the aid was delivered to Ukraine

Jan 16, 2020, 2:57 PM

on time.

only after the scheme was discovered

Jan 16, 2020, 3:11 PM

and Zelensky was set to make an announcement on CNN that he then cancelled after the aid was released (again after the scheme was discovered).

Then why wasn’t that an impeachment article?***

Jan 16, 2020, 6:13 PM

Re: GAO says Trump broke the law by withholding aid.

Jan 17, 2020, 7:03 AM

They slapped Obama’s hand many times. But it wasn’t news at that time. Only now with Trump

Replies: 48
| visibility 914
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic