Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Asa Martin. This is not meant to sound like sour grapes, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Asa Martin. This is not meant to sound like sour grapes, but

Aug 24, 2017, 2:06 PM

I have been suspicious of Auburn's recruiting for many years. Unless an individual grows up being an Auburn fan, how the life of me he would pick Auburn over Clemson. Consider academics...Clemson wins, facilities...Clemson wins, recent success and future outlook...Clemson wins. Campus...similar but we have a lake.

What gives?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kid grew up in Bama.

Aug 24, 2017, 2:09 PM

I wonder if the DB's that they've been lying to about playing RB(Monday,Michael) will see the light after this ?

Before Auburnfan jumps in

Aug 24, 2017, 2:11 PM

If you have as MANY transfers as Auburn's having, it's a LYING staff,that been telling recruits what they have to to get them !!

Re: Before Auburnfan jumps in

Aug 24, 2017, 6:22 PM

L.O.L.

One example of a lie?

Re: Before Auburnfan jumps in

Aug 24, 2017, 8:36 PM

Paying players again? The SEC way

Re: Kid grew up in Bama.

Aug 24, 2017, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Kid grew up in Bama. ]

This post is just dumb. Who told you we're recruiting them for RB.

Guys, I'm on a paid subscription board with all kinds of inside info. Some of these comments are making me laugh pretty hard

That's awesome you have paid subscriptions

Aug 24, 2017, 7:08 PM

and all the 'Auburn inside info' that goes with the reliable internet stories, so you should have no problem packing your #### and getting the #### off our site.

Wow, who woulda thought?

Aug 24, 2017, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Kid grew up in Bama. ]

An outsider disagreeing with an opponent's message board.

Are you that ignorant? Did you not read my earlier love letter? Was it too long and mean?

Look, this is a free message board. There are always going to be stupid and outrageous comments thrown around. But again, what do you expect people around here to be saying? "Oh no! Not Auburn! We're doomed! They haven't beaten us in the last 3 tries, but we don't stand a chance at home this year!"

It's the same way with Clemson people marveling over delusional gamecock fans on gamecock boards. Of course they are going to see everything with garnet colored classes no matter how bad their team is.

I think some of these people here are just trolling you back, you seem to fall for it pretty easily

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, who woulda thought?

Aug 25, 2017, 7:34 AM

I only made one comment. I do not follow or know you so I have no idea about your previous story which for some reason you think means we all have to agree with whatever your point of view was. Nor do I go on other teams sites to talk crap. Like you said, this is a free message board and if I want to tell this Auburn #### to go back to his site...I can! So, are you ignorant?

Re: Asa Martin. This is not meant to sound like sour grapes, but

Aug 24, 2017, 2:09 PM

He is from Decatur AL I don't think its much of a stretch.

null

Aug 24, 2017, 2:11 PM

Playing time if I were to take a guess...We have Feaster and Etienne* (spelling) Returning... who do they have returning? Pettway and Johnson are both Jrs I think and one may be leaving at this year

Aug 24, 2017, 6:29 PM

Depth Chart:
Pettway (likely NFL Bound)
Johnson (highest ranked. Feature back next year)
Barrett (Tr Fr Rivals100 RB) 4*
Martin (fastest guy on team) 4*
Miller (4 Star) big back.

My fav is our Fullback. Chandler Cox
#1 FB in the country... 4* Jr. will play on Sundays.

Asa is special. He'll jump to #2 behind KJ next year.

Correction...

Aug 24, 2017, 8:01 PM

Depth chart:
Pettway (stock drops after Week 2 loss, considers return).

Chicfili***

Aug 24, 2017, 2:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

dood

Aug 24, 2017, 2:34 PM

The kid is from Alabama and has been on their radar for years. We just started recruiting a couple months ago. No surprise here.

Besides, it appears as if we are doing something right with our recruiting and player development, while Auburn is not. On to the next!

Re: dood

Aug 24, 2017, 2:46 PM

If our staff told recruits what they want to hear I am pretty sure we would have Bryan Edwards, OrTre Smith, and have a verbal from Joyner.

The honesty of our staff is only helping SC with getting some good recruits. Lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: dood

Aug 24, 2017, 6:18 PM [ in reply to dood ]

Our starting RB was a 3* who was developed into a 1st team ALL SEC RB .... All while missing 4 entire games (including Clemson)

Cool story bro

Aug 24, 2017, 8:50 PM

Didn't say you weren't capable of developing players. Just that we are doing it better

sounds like sour grapes***

Aug 24, 2017, 5:06 PM

Aug 24, 2017, 6:21 PM

SEC
RBU
AU Clemson series (34-13)

Just off the top of my head

Aug 24, 2017, 6:35 PM

SEC: okay? Auburn is just using Alabama's success as a piggyback to keep them relevant while you guys dream about the glory days of Pat Dye and Cam Newton

RBU: Really? Auburn DARES call it self running back U? Over Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State? The last RB I can remember from Auburn going to the league was Tre Mason...and he "retired" cause all the head trauma he had. Again, squeezing every last drop out of the memory of Bo Jackson.

And then the series lead. Congrats. You beat us a long time ago. But a long time ago doesn't matter. Clemson has won the last 3 (make it 4 in three weeks) and has a team built for sustainable success. Can't wait to see what good Ole' Gus does after Stidham leaves and he has nothing to hang his hat on. So yeah, I don't find it hard to believe that Kevin Steele, a guy who literally got fired for getting absolutely shown up and embarrassed from Clemson, is telling recruits exactly what they need to hear to not come here.

Aug 24, 2017, 6:41 PM
IMG_2338.PNG(145.3 K)

C'mon ... say you're sorry

Aug 24, 2017, 8:45 PM

It doesn't matter how many you've drafted, if they're not relevant at all except for like 3 it doesn't matter. Bo Jackson is the only one memorable and I'm sure that's the only one Auburn uses as recruiting fuel

I would have never said this years ago, but Bama fans have

Aug 24, 2017, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Asa Martin. This is not meant to sound like sour grapes, but ]

more class.

Re: I would have never said this years ago, but Bama fans have

Aug 24, 2017, 6:44 PM

If you met the fans ... the ones that can afford to go to the games & actually went to school there ... are pretty cool.

Unfortunately... they're the minority. YOU HAVE NO IDEA what we deal with most of the time.

I met plenty at the NC game. And then there is you.***

Aug 24, 2017, 6:47 PM

Re: I met plenty at the NC game. And then there is you.***

Aug 24, 2017, 6:53 PM

Am I that bad?

Again, the alums are cool. It's the "others" you have to worry about.

Curious, what makes me so "you"?

Re: I met plenty at the NC game. And then there is you.***

Aug 24, 2017, 8:55 PM

You're not THAT bad, but you are pretty obnoxious. And that means something coming from me, because I constantly defend outsiders from other teams who come and post around here (see Classof09)

You are not quite on supermutt's level, but you are getting there. Keep up the good work

I would have never said this years ago, but Bama fans have

Aug 24, 2017, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Asa Martin. This is not meant to sound like sour grapes, but ]

more class.

Aug 24, 2017, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Asa Martin. This is not meant to sound like sour grapes, but ]

I don't care how many you've had drafted you're RB's aren't even close to the level of Bama's, but nobodies are. UGA and OSU are the only others in the conversation.

Aug 24, 2017, 8:06 PM

The AU fans I worked with in AL always told me that AU always had at least one more bagman than any other team when recruiting.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic