Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2010 Football Season Preview: Miami
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Jul 16, 2010, 12:02 AM

Make sure you have tickets for this one because if history tells anything about this contest, it’s that it is going to be wildly entertaining and a nail-biter. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2010 Football Season Preview: Miami

Jul 16, 2010, 3:51 AM

Auburn and Miami share a stadium?

What other game is in your top two loudest in DV?***

Jul 16, 2010, 9:05 AM

Re: What other game is in your top two loudest in DV?***

Jul 16, 2010, 10:24 AM

Can't remember who we were playing but the game they handed out the megaphone's was really loud!

Re: What other game is in your top two loudest in DV?***

Jul 16, 2010, 12:35 PM [ in reply to What other game is in your top two loudest in DV?*** ]

Obviously, the game against Matt Ryan and BC was VERY loud, but for some reason I remember the 1987 game against Georgia as being louder. I was down on the sidelines with Fred Rollins, a Greenville News photographer, and that game was just loud from beginning to end. And when Treadwell hit the game-winner, you couldn't hear yourself think. One of my friends, Dendy Wakefield, has said there was a game in the late 70s that was the loudest of them all.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame

Jul 16, 2010, 12:54 PM

We owed Dan Devine a lesson in humility. Had that game won. Ahead by about 4 with around 4:30 left to play. They literally marched 80 yards for the winning score, leaving less than a minute on the clock. We still showed Devine a thing or two about Southern hospitality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Notre Dame

Jul 16, 2010, 3:27 PM

That's the game he was talking about - Notre Dame. Said its the loudest he has ever heard it.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be OK with a boring win. Coin toss may have decided 2009

Jul 16, 2010, 12:31 PM

With 11 lead changes, last year's game was one of the most exciting college football games of the season. Clemson was very fortunate to come out with a victory. Miami slightly outgained Clemson (433 to 410). Clemson's offense only scored two of Clemson's 4 regulation-time TDs. (CJ had a 90-yard KR, and McDaniel had a pick-6.) Turnovers were key, with Clemson getting 4 (3 from picks) and Miami getting 3 (2 from fumbles). Stats here...
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292972390

That game may have literally been decided by a coin toss. (Well... a coin toss, a hell of a Tiger defensive stand in OT to keep Miami out of the end zone with a 1st and goal from the 6... and a beautiful pitch-n-catch between Ford and Parker.) Since Clemson won the toss in overtime, Clemson got the ball second, after Miami's go-ahead FG, and scored the walk-off TD. If Miami had won the toss, they would have had one more try to get into the end zone from the 5. Scary to think about.
OT play-by-play here...
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=292972390&period=5

This is going to be a tough one for the Tigers. I hope the bye week and a big home crowd has the Tigers ready and pumped up for a win.

Re: I'd be OK with a boring win. Coin toss may have decided 2009

Jul 16, 2010, 2:51 PM

Unknown QB could work out to be an advantage for us. I surely hope so. I maybe wrong and i hope not but, i think Boyd is going to be a good thing for us after the first few games. Boyd has to be a stud if he can finish out a season with a torn acl, just sayin !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Opponents will stack the box until Wade/Boyd proves his arm.***

Jul 17, 2010, 1:42 PM

That's a tough early schedule. Could you see them

Jul 16, 2010, 1:04 PM

starting 1-3? Those are three tough road games to start.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

if jacory harris wins the Heisman i will eat my hat

Jul 17, 2010, 7:29 AM

This article lost all credibility when jacory Harris and Heisman were mentioned I'm the same sentence. That guy is terrible. I do not want him even on my team

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harris ranked #30 in pass efficiency. Parker ranked #73.

Jul 17, 2010, 3:02 PM

If you think Harris is terrible, then what does that say about Parker? Look at the NCAA stats for the top 100 D1 QBs...
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_playerpasseff&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

Harris is good and that's why he was in the Heisman discussion (at least early) last year. Harris is a great athlete with ice water in his veins. He'll be right back in the Heisman discussion next season if:
1) He cuts down on the (17) interceptions. Big "if" but it seems reasonable for a junior going into his 2nd full year as a starter. (He only had 1 pick in his last 3 games.) AND...
2) Miami has a great season-- especially if Harris starts strong by leading the Canes to victories over Ohio State, Pitt, and Clemson.

I hope Clemson helps keep him out of the Heisman discussion.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic