Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I got 2 words for those who are just certain UGA has arrived
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 90
| visibility 1

I got 2 words for those who are just certain UGA has arrived

Feb 11, 2018, 12:22 PM

Gene Chizik

Interstingly, Kirby Smart is also 2 words. Coincidence? I think not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I got 2 words for those who are just certain UGA has arrived

Feb 11, 2018, 1:14 PM

What follows are my impressions and not, as I prefer, researched facts...

I think UGA has been a sleeping giant, held back in the past by poor coaching followed by Richt, a good enough coach who lacked Dabo's keen eye for assistants and was too decent for true SEC recruiting.

Although always good, it just seems like there has been an upswing in the depth of Georgia high school talent. That is searchable but I just got up and not feeling it for effort yet. Just don't recall this many high 4 and 5 stars coming from anywhere but Florida.

So far, I see nothing that tells me Kirby Smart sucks as a coach and certainly nothing to tell me he is a tower of moral rectitude. I have long worried that UGA would someday get a coach who recruits like he was at Auburn.

I think they will be a legitimate threat to challenge Alabama the next few years. They will be able to recruit a couple of guys we might ordinarily have stolen from that state (they did this year) but at our level of recruiting, we won't be horribly affected.

Bottom line is that for us it really doesn't matter. We'll have to play the SEC champ at some point no matter who it is. UGA progressed one game farther than we did this year. Best hope to slow down that recruiting train would be to meet them in the final four and handle them like we did Ohio State a couple years ago.

But let's be real here- go ahead and give them the SEC East next couple of years at least (I see no resistance on the horizon) which puts them one game from the tourney and a possible date with us.

Fair enough opinion.

Feb 11, 2018, 2:07 PM

I prefer to look at what I've seen out of Kirby on the sidelines and in the locker room. I also need to remind myself, he's 18-7 as a head coach, and that includes the playoff run this year. Kirby, with far superior talent, lost games to Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vandy, Florida, and Georgia Tech.

I think he benefited from the perfect storm of 31 seniors along with talented juniors, and the team played well in spite of Kirby Smart. I think his first year will end up being much more reflective of his future. I don't think he'll be there more than 3 more years, to be honest.

Re: Fair enough opinion.

Feb 11, 2018, 2:10 PM

Kirby won't be at GA for more than 3 more years? You've lost your mind.

LOL. No losing of mind.

Feb 11, 2018, 2:17 PM

Friendly wager?

Feb 11, 2018, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Fair enough opinion. ]

Jus Guy said:

I prefer to look at what I've seen out of Kirby on the sidelines and in the locker room. I also need to remind myself, he's 18-7 as a head coach, and that includes the playoff run this year. Kirby, with far superior talent, lost games to Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vandy, Florida, and Georgia Tech.

I think he benefited from the perfect storm of 31 seniors along with talented juniors, and the team played well in spite of Kirby Smart. I think his first year will end up being much more reflective of his future. I don't think he'll be there more than 3 more years, to be honest.

Dabo was 15-12 his first two full seasons. How'd that work out? Doesn't a first year coach get a bye to establish his system and philosophy?

Feb 12, 2018, 2:05 PM

Not when you know nothing about football. Some people just do not get it.

Feb 12, 2018, 4:00 PM

Your comments sound like you: a) need to have some beers, b) or get laid, c) or both.

Why so angry. You gotta calm down. Take a minute to breath.

More clues:

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=23121089

Feb 12, 2018, 5:00 PM

Not angry at all dude. Just do not like ignorance is all. Which ofcourse I know you are just trolling but I like a good argument.

I'm not trolling at all.

Feb 13, 2018, 6:18 PM

I mean everything I've posted in this thread, especially the part of YOU being the one that's clueless. Do you not understand, you have not made a single tangible point this whole thread.

And yeah, the petty insults.. you're mad, "dude".

Re: I'm not trolling at all.

Feb 13, 2018, 6:56 PM

No petty insults. If you don't think UGA will be a top 5-10 program for the next 5-10 years you are just blind to reality. That is all have a good day. I'm done trying to talk some sense into you. You can think what you want to and we will see come football season.

Feb 12, 2018, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Fair enough opinion. ]

Dabo was 15-12 his first two full seasons. How'd that work out?

The two situations are radically different, however, are you saying you'd feel more confident if Kirby 15-12 in stead of 18-7? Your question really doesn't seem relevant.

Doesn't a first year coach get a bye to establish his system and philosophy?

Sure, sometimes. What's your point?

Personally I think Smart walked into a great position at UGA. He inherited a 10-win team, and he had 30-something rising juniors coming back in his first year.

31 seniors led the team this year. I think, in spite of Smart.

This year, you lost all those guys and some juniors as well. I mean, almost 75% of your two-deep from last is GONE!

Smart sucks. He won't prove to be head coach material. He's an enabler, just like the guys who he previously coached for, plus he'll never be able to control things in Athens.

I really don't think you're making the playoffs in 2018. Do you?

Time will tell.

Feb 13, 2018, 1:34 PM

Jus Guy said:

Dabo was 15-12 his first two full seasons. How'd that work out?

The two situations are radically different, however, are you saying you'd feel more confident if Kirby 15-12 in stead of 18-7? Your question really doesn't seem relevant.

Doesn't a first year coach get a bye to establish his system and philosophy?

Sure, sometimes. What's your point?

Personally I think Smart walked into a great position at UGA. He inherited a 10-win team, and he had 30-something rising juniors coming back in his first year.

31 seniors led the team this year. I think, in spite of Smart.

This year, you lost all those guys and some juniors as well. I mean, almost 75% of your two-deep from last is GONE!

Smart sucks. He won't prove to be head coach material. He's an enabler, just like the guys who he previously coached for, plus he'll never be able to control things in Athens.

I really don't think you're making the playoffs in 2018. Do you?

Time will tell.

First of all you should be more open-minded to the facts. The facts state that Kirby inherited a mess from Richt. No depth on the Oline or at the QB position. A roster filled with gaps at literally every position including the kicking game.......and most importantly virtually no senior leadership to speak. I doubt the great Vince Lombardi could have won more than 8 games his first year. If you think you can gauge a HC's career based on his rookie season I might as well be talking to the produce in Harris Teeter.
My point is that it takes time to install your system and philosophy when you take over a program. There were many who rejected Kirbys system and it takes awhile to weed out those who don't by end.
ONLY 13 of those 31 were in the two-deep. That means the remaining seniors (18) contributed very little on Saturdays. Many were walkons and scout-teamers. Again another Richt roster mess. Currently Kirby has installed a preferred walkon program....you have to be offered.
Uga will return more starters than 75% of the SEC. In 26 months Smart has our roster almost at elite status comparing our program with Bama's

Total 5-stars on roster......
Bama - 15
UGA - 13

Total 4-stars on roster.....
Bama - 29
UGA - 27

Total Rivals 100 players on roster....
Bama - 47
UGA -49

Please elaborate HOW CKS is a one hit wonder. I've never predicted that UGA would return to the playoffs but to say UGA won't contend is absolutely asinine......With a capital "A"

Feb 13, 2018, 1:41 PM

Thank for some actually facts!

Well at least you can admit you had none (facts) to present.

Feb 13, 2018, 6:20 PM

And by the way, what the heck is superdawg even talking about? What do those ridiculous UGA/Alabama numbers have to do with the price of team in China?

Re: Well at least you can admit you had none (facts) to present.

Feb 13, 2018, 6:59 PM

My facts are that UGA has always been a 8-11 W team no matter who the coach is. Now they just went to the Natty and had the number one recruting class. They return their qb, top WRs, a really good RB, 4 OL, and their head coach is a DC. Pretty obvious that they will be in the hunt next year. Idk what you are even trying to say about them not. You say you think they lose atleast 2 games. Are you talking regular season?

That's a lot of BS!

Feb 13, 2018, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Fair enough opinion. ]

And what do you mean by "contend"? Contend for what, the SEC lEast? LOL.

Re: That's a lot of BS!

Feb 13, 2018, 7:01 PM

They will contend for the playoffs. They will win the sec east I would bet. They may lose a game in the regular season. Maybe even 2 but they will be in the conversation all year and if they win the sec championship game they will probably be in the playoff.

UGA lose 16 seniors and juniors from their 22 man two-deep.

Feb 11, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I got 2 words for those who are just certain UGA has arrived ]

73% sounds like a big blow to me.

Re: UGA lose 16 seniors and juniors from their 22 man two-deep.

Feb 11, 2018, 8:20 PM

Don't you mean their 44 man two deep? Or are talking about just one side of the ball?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

16 players from a two-deep is a lot. I would venture to

Feb 13, 2018, 9:52 AM

guess it's much more than average. And obviously, those seniors and juniors were the majority of UGA offensive (at least rushing and maybe receptions) and defensive firepower.

Re: 16 players from a two-deep is a lot. I would venture to

Feb 13, 2018, 1:21 PM

Their 2 best WRs are back. Swift is a dang good back and they are bringing in 2 of the better backs in the country. This along with their QB ofcourse. Their O will be fine with 4 starting OL back. Their D does lose a lot tho I agree. Doubt they fall off much tho.

Feb 11, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I got 2 words for those who are just certain UGA has arrived ]

It'll be interesting to see.

Athens is one giant distraction. Girls. Drugs. A party scene that is second to none in the Southeast.

Richt was a decent man and even he struggled to keep his players away from the distractions. Spurrier always used to joke that the best time to play UGA was early because half their players were suspended.

As you pointed out, Kirby is not a pillar of moral fortitude. (Kinda the opposite, in fact.) He's embraced that "savages" mentality and actually seems proud of it. That seems like a recipe for badness, especially the way in which he is purported to recruit.

Under Bobby Bowden and then Jimbo Fisher, we saw a similar mindset and mentality take hold in Tallahassee, and their biggest problem - despite pulling in recruiting classes every year like the one Kirby just pulled in himself - was a lack of discipline both on and off the field. Same thing happened at Texas under Mack Brown, Southern Cal after Pete Carroll left, Michigan since Lloyd Carr, Tennessee after Fulmer.

Whatever else Saban was, his teams were disciplined. I haven't seen that out of Smart.

On the other hand, there's a gaping hole in the SEC East and the door is wide open for Smart to dominate if he's got the goods, so a part of me wonders if we are going to be seeing UGA dominate for awhile in spite of all that. They'll certainly have talent. But that late-game collapse against Alabama last season certainly raised my eyebrows, too. Those kind of lapses got to be the norm at FSU under Jimbo after that one really good season, too. Aside from 2013, the Noles found a way to self-destruct virtually every year, often in spectacular and embarrassing fashion. Which is what usually happens to undisciplined teams.

Be an interesting case study to see which way it goes.

Feb 13, 2018, 4:35 PM

Yeah--let me dispel a little of the "UGA football is full of criminals." Yes, UGA football seems to be in the news every off season with arrests for marijuana, driving while license suspended, a bad check here or there. To equate this with the character of UGA football players versus other major programs overlooks one very important fact.

Let me start off by saying, as my handle implies, I am a lawyer, and specifically a criminal defense lawyer. While I don't regularly practice in Athens-Clarke County, I am a member of GACDL (Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers) and routinely talk to our members in Athens.

Unlike Tallahassee, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Oxford, Starkville, Gainesville, etcetera, UGAPD and ACCPD absolutely HATE the football team and cut the team ZERO breaks. I suppose that should be the case everywhere, but it simply isn't. Every MIP (minor in possession(alcohol)) gets reported, every traffic violation, every argument. I suspect the local law enforcement is far more "forgiving" in Clemson, SC too.

As for the bitching about our recruiting class and how Georgia OBVIOUSLY cheated; yeah...#########.

Kirby (and staff) is a far better recruiter than Richt. And this year's class was perfect storm of an insane amount of 5* talent coming out of Georgia and the absolute trainwrecks at Florida and Tennessee.

Muschamp went 11-2 in 2012 & beat 4 end-of-year top 12 teams

Feb 11, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I got 2 words for those who are just certain UGA has arrived ]

Then he went 4-8 and 6-5.

I bet Florida felt like they arrived after 11-2.

In their first two years, Will Muschamp at UF looks a lot like Kirby Smart at UGA. Mushchamp was 18-8 and Smart is 18-7.

I already mentioned Gene Chizik. There are dozens of similar examples.

Re: Muschamp went 11-2 in 2012 & beat 4 end-of-year top 12 teams

Feb 11, 2018, 2:41 PM

I don't think it's impossible that Kirby fails. It just seems unlikely after the success with a freshman QB and the recruiting he is doing. Only time will tell!

Feb 12, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Muschamp went 11-2 in 2012 & beat 4 end-of-year top 12 teams ]

So you think UGA wins less than 9 games next year?

Feb 12, 2018, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Muschamp went 11-2 in 2012 & beat 4 end-of-year top 12 teams ]

So you think UGA wins less than 9 games next year?

Seriously

Feb 12, 2018, 4:02 PM

What are you even talking about?

Re: Seriously

Feb 12, 2018, 5:02 PM

Are you retarded? You are trying to compare Smart to Muschamp at UF. After UF went 11-2 you say how bad they were after. How can you not understand where my question is coming from?

LOL. Look in mirrors much?

Feb 13, 2018, 12:52 PM

You said,

"So you think UGA wins less than 9 games next year?"

There is no way to automatically correlate your question to Muschamp's failure at UF.

Who gives a rat's butt about 9 wins? I'm saying they'll lose at least two and will NOT make the playoffs. I've already told you this and asked if you'd like to place a friendly wager. Of course, you were full-blown crickets on those challenges, and now you're left making up a bunch of nonsense.

You're all bark and no bite, junior. And your bark carries as much threat as a french poodle.

Re: LOL. Look in mirrors much?

Feb 13, 2018, 5:03 PM

You want to talk about me being all bark? You are arguing that UGA is not on the up swing but think they will win 10 games? You make zero sense dude. I will make a bet that they win more that 9 games and give you 9 games or less. I think they will be in contention to make the playoffs but they may not. I thought you were trying to argue that Smart is going to fail not that he wasn't going to make the playoffs every year. So what is it?

Feb 13, 2018, 5:04 PM [ in reply to LOL. Look in mirrors much? ]

You sound like you are in middle school talking about a French poodle btw. How can you even think about calling me immature?

Feb 13, 2018, 5:06 PM [ in reply to LOL. Look in mirrors much? ]

Where did you say anything to me about a friendly wager?

Molasses is dense.

Feb 13, 2018, 6:28 PM

But not nearly as dense as you! Geez bud, I'm sorry you feel a need to act like a fool.

Re: Molasses is dense.

Feb 13, 2018, 7:02 PM

Just going along with you brother. Trying to help you understand.

Feb 13, 2018, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Muschamp went 11-2 in 2012 & beat 4 end-of-year top 12 teams ]

Worse case scenario-- 8-4
Best case scenario-- 12-0

Austin Peay (1-AA)-- Win
@South Carolina-- Win (but a potential trap game as it's week 2 and @SC)
MTSU-- Win
@Mizzou-- Win
Tennessee- Win
Vanderbilt-- Win
@LSU-- should win but at Death Valley (likely at night), I'll call it a toss up
Florida (Jacksonville)-- should win, but it's Florida, and history tells us who knows, I'll call it a toss up
Auburn-- toughest game on the schedule-- only true game UGA won't be favored in
UMASS-- Win
GT-- Win

another 11-1 season and a trip to Atlanta if I had to wager

Feb 13, 2018, 7:14 PM

From a Clemson fan if y'all went anything less than 10-2 in the regular season it would be disappointing big time. I would see maybe losing to Auburn and at LSU. I do think y'all should win both of those games though. Y'alls D should be ready by that time. The only thing I would worry about is if Swift goes down. Not sure who y'all have behind him. I know Zeus and Cook come in but idk how Zeus knee will be and idk how good Cook really is. Who is y'alls second string RB?

I agree mostly

Feb 11, 2018, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I got 2 words for those who are just certain UGA has arrived ]

but I certainly think UGA's recruiting, along with UT now (Pruitt is an excellent recruiter) and FL, will impact us. Kirby has perhaps the top recruiting staff in the country and frankly, kicked our butts on some guys this year. They are relentless and I don't think they will slow down.

While we have a great collection of recruiting coaches overall, but Pearman is terrible and Conn must step up (and quick) if we are going to stay in front of these new SEC coaches (and Fuentes at VT). They have boosters with deep pockets that are not ashamed to use whatever means necessary to get players.

I think we need to expand our offers to ensure we don't have any poor years in key positions, especially with the early signing date. Given this staff's developmental capabilities, we can take on outliers (think 3*) occasionally and have generally good success with them. We are going to be very thin at some positions in 2020 due to our self-imposed "ban" this year leaving five open scholarships. We got caught flat-footed on some players and we have to be in position to deal with it better moving forward.

Dabo understands the dynamics and what's a stake so hopefully we adjust our strategy in 2018 and beyond.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree mostly

Feb 12, 2018, 5:12 PM

Yeah dabo needs to learn how to recruit and how recruiting works. We just aren’t doing very well in that department.

I get what you're saying

Feb 13, 2018, 7:50 AM

Dabo is perfect and no one should ever say anything, question anything, make any comments, provide any suggestions, analyze anything, recommend anything, ....just be happy and dumb like some because .....oh yeah, I already covered that. Dabo is perfect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 100% with rjohn19***

Feb 11, 2018, 2:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 words

Feb 11, 2018, 2:15 PM

You are clueless

No sir. I think I've shown several clues.

Feb 11, 2018, 2:17 PM

What do you have?

Coaching, recruiting, and recruiting base.

Feb 11, 2018, 2:20 PM

They're a lock to be on the rise. You'll figure the obvious out in 2 years or so. As of now you're just clueless.

No, they're not a "lock". That's a silly assumption.***

Feb 11, 2018, 2:26 PM

Okay, barring probation, injury issues, or Kirby leaving....

Feb 11, 2018, 2:33 PM

they are a lock. They're going to one of the top 5 teams over the next 5 to 10 years. They are where we were a few years ago, maybe a touch a head of that. I have little doubt that we will play them for the national title at one point and I don't mean 15 years from now.

Baylor.***

Feb 11, 2018, 3:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They were never the real deal anyway on any level.

Feb 11, 2018, 3:46 PM

They ended up a dismantled paper tiger.

You're making it up as you go along.***

Feb 13, 2018, 12:52 PM

Wrong again.

Feb 13, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Okay, barring probation, injury issues, or Kirby leaving.... ]

First you said, "coaching, recruiting, and recruiting base".

Coaching has yet to truly prove anything (see examples like Gene Chizik and countless others), recruiting is slightly better than when under Richt, yet again, Richt had more than enough talent to win championships but couldn't do it in Athens. The recruiting base is no different than it's ever been. Richt did VERY WELL in hat base, for many years.

Personally, I thinktime will show Richt is a better head coach than Kirby. Kirby hasn't proven ANYTHING, other than 31 seniors and several drafted juniors carried his 2017 team.

Your other comments:

"They are a lock"

A lock for what, and are you willing to put your money where your "lock" is?

"They're going to one of the top 5 teams over the next 5 to 10 years"

LOL. What about next year and the year after or the year after that? Why did you skip those?

Kirby will be fortunate to make it 5 years at UGA, and it's unfathomable to think he'll make it 10. How many coaches in the last 25 years have you seen make it 10 years at one school?

"They are where we were a few years ago, maybe a touch a head of that."

UGA is NOT where we were a "few years ago". They had a better season than our 2015 season, by more than a "touch". Plus the players that were there are much higher rated overall than what we had on our roster in 2015.

"I have little doubt that we will play them for the national title at one point and I don't mean 15 years from now."

You don't mean 15 huh? LOL. How many years do you mean there, big boy?

So yeah, in all, you're making a bunch of dreamed up statements and posting them as fact (according to you).

Re: Wrong again.

Feb 13, 2018, 1:24 PM

Wow you are truly remarkable.

Thanks man.

Feb 13, 2018, 6:04 PM

At least you can admit you're wrong.

Are you a Clemson grad? I did, and I know they teach you to be a man of character. I would hope in the future you learn better manners.

Re: Thanks man.

Feb 13, 2018, 7:04 PM

Your manners have been just as low as mine have but okay bud.

That's completely false

Feb 15, 2018, 6:50 PM

Bud.

And again, where are your facts?

Feb 11, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Coaching, recruiting, and recruiting base. ]

We already covered his "breakout" year.

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=23121089

And recruiting is not a guarantee "lock") for wins.

Anything else?

Re: No sir. I think I've shown several clues.

Feb 12, 2018, 2:27 PM [ in reply to No sir. I think I've shown several clues. ]

Your clues are based on what other coaches have done at other teams or giving crap stats saying they lose 16 of 22 in their 2 deep when their is 44 players on a 2 deep depth chart.

You meant to say

Feb 13, 2018, 9:44 AM

The historical records and real stats.

Sorry little buddy, you're going backwards.

Re: You meant to say

Feb 13, 2018, 1:26 PM

What stat have you said that has anything to so with UGA? Talking about how a coach did at Florida or Auburn means nothing. You also keep referring to 31 seniors. Can you stop with that. How many of those 31 actually played meaningful snaps. I would bet you have no clue. So where do you think UGA will be at the end of the year next year? Record and rank?

Feb 13, 2018, 6:33 PM

Feb 13, 2018, 7:05 PM

You see your pulse dropping while mine is not. I wouldn't TD you because we are just having a good argument but it is obvious who is the one being foolish.

Child, please...

Feb 15, 2018, 6:56 PM

You couldn't TD me even if you wanted to.

I'd ask you to grow up, but you seem to be 25 going on 15.

Have fun junior. Good luck with those TDs.

UGA has a tough row to hoe.

Feb 11, 2018, 3:55 PM

I think they have enough hoaers on their team to handle their regular season foes but Bama has a just as many hoares on their team too. Bama also has a proven madam who has bought and sold hoaers for decades.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA has a tough row to hoe.

Feb 11, 2018, 8:43 PM

do you mean "Hos"?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Wait so you're suggesting there's a lot of "extracurricular

Feb 13, 2018, 9:45 AM

activities" at UGA? Naaahhh :)

Feb 11, 2018, 4:59 PM

The two words you forgot about in that story are Cam Newton

Feb 12, 2018, 2:28 PM

Ding ding

"Ding, ding"... What?

Feb 13, 2018, 9:47 AM

What does that mean? To quote you, "you're clueless".

Re: "Ding, ding"... What?

Feb 13, 2018, 1:27 PM

Sorry you are too slow.

Sorry

Feb 13, 2018, 6:35 PM

You're simply too dense to see it.. Truth is, I'm running circles around you.

Again, have yo presented any facts at all to support your idea that UGA is a "lock" for anything?

Re: Sorry

Feb 13, 2018, 7:06 PM

I have presented much more facts that would suggest they will be in the hunt than you have to suggest they will not. Your go to is 31 seniors.

The only things you brought to the table were:

Feb 15, 2018, 6:53 PM

Coaching, UGA tradition, and recruiting.

Like I said, Smart hasn't proven jack squat as far as coaching, UGA has always been UGA, and recruiting is very close to what Richt was doing, and recruits mean nothing unless they have a good coach. See jack squat above.

Is that all you got man??

The biggest thing UGa has going for it is also 2 words

Feb 12, 2018, 8:43 AM

SEC East

Easiest division in P5.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The biggest thing UGa has going for it is also 2 words

Feb 12, 2018, 12:59 PM

SEC East

Easiest division in P5.

The the ACC isn't exactly a juggernaut right now either. It has helped Dabo tremendously that FSU has been down w/o question.

Feb 12, 2018, 1:53 PM

Neither division in the ACC is as pitiful as SEC-E, even ESPiN admits it!

Feb 12, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The biggest thing UGa has going for it is also 2 words ]

FSU was down last year. Not years before.

Haha - even a down FSU could beat UF

Feb 12, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: The biggest thing UGa has going for it is also 2 words ]

AT Gainesville.

By 16 points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2018, 2:13 PM

You do realize he had Cam Newton when they won the Natty right?

Really, junior, you're going to steal someone else's stuff?

Feb 13, 2018, 9:50 AM

Weak.

So what if Cam Newton was there? Fromm has just as much skill, albeit a different skill set, than did Cam. Not that it matters. Chizik is but ONE examples among dozens, if not more, in the last 25-30 years.

Re: Really, junior, you're going to steal someone else's stuff?

Feb 13, 2018, 1:28 PM

Are you really comparing Fromm to Newton??? Really???

Feb 13, 2018, 5:23 PM

I’m just amazed that this conversation is still going. No one is going to get this ****!* to understand the dynamics or change at Georgia. He thinks everyone that left was on the first string.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 13, 2018, 5:43 PM

I know I need to just stop. I just do not understand what he is trying to say. He thinks they will lose atleast 2 games. Well if you do not win the Natty most likely you are going to lose 2 games. He will not go as far as to say they will only win 9 games. So if they go 10-2 they will most likely be in the sec champ game. Nobody is saying they will win it all every year just they they will be one of the top programs in the nation. Sorry I am rambling lol.

You got one thing right

Feb 13, 2018, 6:10 PM

You're rambling, and you've been rambling all along.

Actually the 16 guys who are leaving UGA

Feb 13, 2018, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Really, junior, you're going to steal someone else's stuff? ]

they were all on the two-deep. Did I not already say that?

If you're going to be rude an interject in someone else's debate, at least have your ducks in a row. And all you have to do is ask this board if you think I'm the only one who sees UGA as a farce. That opinion is as valid as anyone's, and I do believe I presented a lot of interesting info to support my position.

Thanks for all the TD's though. Really a cool thing to do. Maybe I'll but an ® just so I can TD guys that TD me.

Re: Actually the 16 guys who are leaving UGA

Feb 13, 2018, 7:08 PM

I didn't TD you so check yourself please. You said 16 out of 22 when it is 16 out of 44 not nearly 73% as you said.

LOL. Is that what you think you see there?

Feb 13, 2018, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Really, junior, you're going to steal someone else's stuff? ]

You're hilarious!

And clueless...

Re: LOL. Is that what you think you see there?

Feb 13, 2018, 7:15 PM

And you are a man if class who does not contradict themselves.

Re: LOL. Is that what you think you see there?

Feb 13, 2018, 7:15 PM [ in reply to LOL. Is that what you think you see there? ]

And you are a man of class who does not contradict themselves.

Feb 13, 2018, 11:26 PM

CRAY CRAY

Feb 13, 2018, 11:32 PM

In three words

Smoke Crack Much

Feb 14, 2018, 3:28 AM