Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson offense has to play better in order to beat Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson offense has to play better in order to beat Louisville

Sep 11, 2017, 4:16 PM

Clemson offense has to play better in order to beat Louisville

Jeff Scott knows that if Clemson is to end the weekend with a win over Louisville, the offense will have to play better than it did in last Saturday’s victory over Auburn. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson offense has to play better in order to beat Louisville

Sep 11, 2017, 4:32 PM

I'm usually not one to complain about coaching but I was disappointed that we didn't give Feaster more opportunities Saturday night. Him and Etienne both need to get plenty of touches on the edges and on RB screens going forward and the excuse that Etienne is a true freshman is a little lame especially when you are obviously set on getting the ball to #34 who's proven he's fumble prone.

Yeah, you never complain, ever...so this is a shock***

Sep 11, 2017, 4:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Yeah, you never complain, ever...so this is a shock***

Sep 12, 2017, 9:48 AM

You do not need a true freshman in the lineup late in the game carrying the ball in a one possession game. No coach would chance that. Big E has only a few carries this year and to put him in that game would be beyond stupid!

Re: Yeah, you never complain, ever...so this is a shock***

Sep 12, 2017, 9:53 AM

"would be beyond stupid!"

Well we are talking about Jhop here.

He made a 100 dollar bet that the game would not happen due to Irma.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Are you talking about the game played exactly when it was scheduled Saturday night?***

Sep 11, 2017, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson offense has to play better in order to beat Louisville ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you talking about the game played exactly when it was scheduled Saturday night?***

Sep 12, 2017, 9:51 AM

Yea the game played at the exact time in whihc I never got paid for my bet.

Sep 12, 2017, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson offense has to play better in order to beat Louisville ]

SMH #34 has a name and he was one of the main reasons we ended up winning the game.

You going to go after him for a fumble but ignore the other great plays he made?

You show once again you are a joke.

Sep 12, 2017, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson offense has to play better in order to beat Louisville ]

I agree. Fuller and McCloud were used a lot and both fumbled. Heck, freshmen can do that. And Feaster and Etienne are clearly more explosive. But I suspect that some will say Fuller can block better. True. At the very least, I'd like to see all the running backs rotated in and out. Keeps the opposing Ds more honest and keeps Clemson's backs fresher.

No they don't. Auburn probably had the best defense

Sep 11, 2017, 4:38 PM

we'll face all year. As good as our defense is, our offense only needs 7 points to win every game. That's it, one TD. So really our offense can play worse and still win. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: No they don't. Auburn probably had the best defense

Sep 11, 2017, 4:50 PM

My posts are honest and realistic....yours are the ones that get carried to other boards to laugh at the delusion....

"as good as our defense is, our offense only needs 7 points to win every game"

Sep 11, 2017, 4:52 PM

After holding Awbarn to 6 points, I think I can forgive a little bit of hyperbole on his part....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Standby while jhop googles "hyperbole"***

Sep 11, 2017, 4:55 PM

If we had only scored 7 points in every game so far this

Sep 11, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: No they don't. Auburn probably had the best defense ]

season, which one would we have lost?

Re: If we had only scored 7 points in every game so far this

Sep 11, 2017, 5:54 PM

We'll need at least 30 points to win this week, maybe 40.....

Sep 11, 2017, 5:59 PM

Neither Houston nor LSU needed 20 to L'ville...and the Cards were better last year, by far.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 6:22 PM

Florida State needed 64.

"This game is not going to be played

Sep 11, 2017, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: If we had only scored 7 points in every game so far this ]

especially not at 7pm Saturday."

-JHop

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2017, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: No they don't. Auburn probably had the best defense ]

"My posts are honest and realistic"

lol

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22071521

Sep 12, 2017, 3:36 PM [ in reply to No they don't. Auburn probably had the best defense ]

I do not agree with that assessment. As good as Clemson's D is, there may be acouple of games where the other team puts up 20-28 points. With only one touchdown, either Huegel would have to kick a lot of field goals or the D or special teams would have to score for the Tigers to win. Pretty risky business, IMO.

Maybe

Sep 11, 2017, 4:44 PM

Maybe Auburns defense is just that good. Too early in the season to know. Maybe coach Steele was able to figure out some of our signals. We won. All that matters.

Thats a great response from an Offensive minded coach

Sep 11, 2017, 5:14 PM

but I'm not worried about our offensive performance against Auburn.

1) Auburn will prove to have a great (at least from a talent perspective) defense.
2) Against Auburn, it was clear that as long as our offense didn't put our defense in a bad position that Auburn wasn't going to drive the field. Play conservative, keep them pinned deep and let the D do the rest.

Sat was a risk vs reward. This week we will need to take a few more risks on offense. I am 110% satisfied with the way the offense and special teams complimented the defense on Sat.

The one area that does make me scratch my head a bit is the RB. I'm not sure what our philosophy is. Our more "reliable" backs just aren't giving us any production in terms of yards on the ground. Hard to say what they give us in pass protection though without knowing the play. We aren't getting the breakaway back the ball in space where he is clearly the most confident. The one that looked best attacking the LOS was Etienne and I don't think he played. Last year the backs #1 job was protecting the franchise and any yards we can get from them was gravy. This year, I'd like to know what their primary role is. I would think that with a rookie QB (and rookie backups) you would use the RBs to make sure that we stay ahead of the chains, but we didn't really use them that way against Auburn.

But 2 weeks...1 blowout and 1 good D is too early to make any snap judgements on the RBs.

The Good news & the Bad news.

Sep 11, 2017, 5:50 PM

The good news, Clemson won't play another defense like Auburn's the rest of the reg season.
Bad news...
this week against L'ville, they will see the best offense they play all season. ( along with
facing the best PLAYER)

Re: The Good news & the Bad news.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:06 PM

FSU and VT will be pretty close and NCST will be good also

Sep 11, 2017, 6:09 PM

> FSU and VT will be pretty close and NCST will be good
> also

FSU, yes, maybe better. VT, no. Good but not as good as Auburn, definitely inferior in front 7.

NCST? Did you watch their game against SCar?

Fsu's offense has taken a huge, huge hit.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:13 PM

This will, WILL be Clemson defense's biggest test....against L'ville.

Re: Fsu's offense has taken a huge, huge hit.

Sep 12, 2017, 12:28 PM

Apparently everyone seems to forget:

a) what teams did to L'ville at the end of the year last year once they figured out how to gameplan LJ (and their O was much better last year)
b) we had 5 TOs and completely let up and let them back in the game, else last year we win by 4 TDs

Now I'm not saying this will be a cake walk, they're going to be fired up and come out blasting...but as long as we don't self implode we should win this handily. I also watched a decent amount of the UNC/Lville game and everyone is spot on, UNC has a horrible O and a worse D; the fact that they were able to hang with Lville, etc. makes me think about a post I read yesterday when someone said, talent-wise, Lville is Syracuse with LJ...now they have more talent than Syracuse, shoot, just the number of thug transfers they get from big name schools alone gives them more talent than Syracuse, and they get their share of questionable character kids from FLA, etc., but they aren't even close to the talent level of an Auburn, etc.

Unlike last year we need to win the TO battle and we need to not make any big mistakes in the 1st quarter/early part of the game, then we'll be just fine. LJ will have his share of big plays, but that's it, one dude can't beat a team filled with DUDES.

Go Tigers

Re: Fsu's offense has taken a huge, huge hit.

Sep 12, 2017, 3:44 PM

I agree. The best team usually beats the best player. Can't help but remembering the years when Ole Miss would trot out Archie Manning and Awww-burn would trot out Pat Sullivan, clearly the best players on the field. Still could not beat 'Bama. And I've seen it happen many times since. The Tigers are the better team this Saturday.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:12 PM [ in reply to The Good news & the Bad news. ]

I did not watch the Louisville - UNC game but listened to it on the radio. UNC was in the game until the 4th qtr. and they appear to have no defense at all. It's no wonder Louisville ran up over 700 yards on them. But, UNC seemed to be able to score on Louisville without having a strong offense either. Will be anxious to see how the wrongly selected Heisman winner does Saturday against a real defense.

I watched a lot of the game and came to

Sep 12, 2017, 7:38 AM

a similar conclusion.....unc has yet another porous defense, but Louisville's isn't a lot better

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2017, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: The Good news & the Bad news. ]

I watched the game and noticed UNC only rushed 3 players most of the game. That left Lamar to settle in the pocket and find an open receiver. On the occasion that UNC rushed 4 or even 5 players Lamar had to scramble. If he wasn't able to set his feet and throw the ball his passes were off just like last year. Clemson exposed that last year in the first half but didn't want the defense to run out of steam so Coach V sat back in the second half and let him pick our DB's apart. Coach V will not make that mistake again. Clemson has more depth at DL and LB than last year even with the 3 major losses. Coach V will have them rushing at least 4 future first rounder picks on every play. Plus the disguised blitz occasionally. I see Lamar running for his life most of the game. Especially with 2 freshman OL. As long as Clemson can wrap up on him Clemson will not have to score 30 points to win. Houston, Kentucky, and LSU saw what Clemson did last year and essentially shut him down. Go Tigers.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:14 PM

Our offense is at its best when they play fast. I saw no tempo offense during the Auburn game. I understand protecting the lead, but I don't recall them going to the hurry-up on a regular basis.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:23 PM

We definitely have to open up the playbook this Sat. Just get the ball into our playmaker hands.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 6:32 PM

Two players that might have made a difference at right tackle if things had gone differently for them. Noah Green and Jake Fruhmorgen. That's what they were recruited for anyway. You win some, you lose some. Hopefully Pollard and Anchorman can get it done Saturday night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

main problem was the oline. 7 years of Caldwell and still a bad OL..

Sep 12, 2017, 7:26 AM

Time to put Caldwell out to pasture. Luckily Lville's defense is terrible

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: main problem was the oline. 7 years of Caldwell and still a bad OL..

Sep 12, 2017, 9:50 AM

And you wouldn't see me because you don't know what I look like. I don't post personal pictures on the internet. Talking ish? You're the one holding onto a post that's over two years old in response to a troll. So it seems you're the one talking ish. I've never followed you around and saved your posts. Fraud, in what way? This is just a message board not reality. And I don't claim anything I'm not so there is nothing to be a fraud about.

By the way I'm not an alum either. So you failed big time on that one. Also, I was going to games long before you joined IPTAY and joined IPTAY before you.

You're just another troll obsessed with me. If you don't like what I post put me on ignore, or don't read or respond to my posts. You're an adult you shouldn't be so obsessed with a faceless screen name that you're saving the same years old post in some lame attempt at a put down.

Sep 12, 2017, 9:57 AM

what am I missing here.

Sep 12, 2017, 2:57 PM [ in reply to main problem was the oline. 7 years of Caldwell and still a bad OL.. ]

Bad OL? What are you smoking? The two guys that left -one due to injury, the other due to head issues -these things happen. If you are so knowledgeable why aren't you a coach?

Sep 12, 2017, 5:05 PM [ in reply to main problem was the oline. 7 years of Caldwell and still a bad OL.. ]

SMH

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic